WILLIAM ANTHONY AND EDWARD HARRISON CALDWELL
William A. and Edward H. Caldwell, worthy representatives of one of the best and most high esteemed family of Siskiyou County, were born in this county September 25, 1869, and June 9, 1878, respectively, and have always resided here. They are the sons of Andrew Jackson and Leona (Arbaugh) Caldwell, who are represented elsewhere in this work.
William A. Caldwell attended the public schools of his home neighborhood, which were then somewhat limited in their methods and equipment, and also attend Brown’s Business College at Galesburg, Illinois. He gave his attention to ranching until 1905, when he entered a veterinary college, from which he was graduated. He has since given his attention mainly to that profession, and has long enjoyed a large practice throughout this section of the county. He is a member of the American Veterinary Association and is highly regarded because of his learning and skill as a veterinarian. He makes his home with his brother Edward H., in the Edgewood district.
Edward H. Caldwell, who also received his early education in the local schools, has always followed farming and is now living on a well improved ranch which he rents from Richard Cavanaugh, and which he operates according to modern methods. Mr. Caldwell married Miss Callie Belle Rucker and is the father of two children, Harold, who has the agency for a sewing machine company in Oakland, California, and Willard, at home. William A. and Edward H. Caldwell are numbered among the substantial men of the Edgewood district and have always given their support to such movements as have been initiated for the public good. They are both lovers of outdoor life, hunting and fishing being their favorite forms of recreation. They enjoy a wide acquaintance and are deservedly popular throughout the section of the valley in which they live.
Transcribed by Gerald Iaquinta.
Source: Wooldridge, J. W. Major, History of Sacramento Valley California, Vol. 2 Pages 325-326. Pioneer Historical Publishing Co. Chicago 1931.
© 2010 Gerald Iaquinta.