Minnie C. Tucker Love, M. D.
Minnie C. Tucker Love, M. D., whose office is at No. 629 Sutter street, San Francisco, has been a resident of California since 1887, and has been engaged in the practice of medicine since 1886.† She was born in La Crosse, Wisconsin, in November, 1856, and received her early education in the public schools of Chicago.† Later she entered a young ladiesí seminary at that place, and then for several years was at Miss Jonesí Academy in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin.† In 1880 she commenced the study of medicine, and in 1883 entered the medical department at Washington, District of Columbia, where she graduated in 1886, receiving the degree of Doctor of Medicine.† Dr. Love at once entered upon the practice of medicine in Washington, which she continued for one year.† Having always been favorable to homeopathic practice, she during that year took up the study of homeopathic materia medica and therapeutics, and was also connected with the Washington Homeopathic Dispensary as attending physician. †February, 1890, she went to New York, and there took a post-graduate course at the New York Polyclinic, during which time she paid special attention to electro-therapentics of gynecology.† Dr. Love has had charge of a clinic at the Hahnemann Hospital College Dispensary for the treatment of diseases of women by Apostoliís method.† She is a member of the Homeopathic State Medical Society of California.† She has lately established at her residence, at No. 629 Sutter street, a sanitarium for application of the Weir-Mitchell method of treating chronic nervous diseases of women.
Transcribed Karen L. Pratt.
Source: "The Bay of San Francisco," Vol. 1, page 573-574, Lewis Publishing Co, 1892.
© 2004 Karen L. Pratt.