Charles Boxton, D.D.S.
Charles Boxton, D.D.S., whose office is at 131 Post street, San Francisco, is a native of California, born in Shasta county, in 1860, and has been engaged in the practice of dentistry since 1876. His early education was received in the public schools of San Francisco, and at about the age of sixteen years he commenced to study dentistry, serving an apprenticeship of seven years with Sichel & Richards. In February, 1882, Dr. Boxton entered the dental department of the University of California, where, after two terms of nine months each, he graduated as Doctor of Dental Surgery at that institution. He immediately entered into the practice of his profession, in which he has continued since. In 1884, immediately after his graduation, the Doctor was appointed to the position of Demonstrator of Mechanical Dentistry, and has held the chair since that time. He has lately added to his duties the position of Lecturer on that branch. Dr. Boxton has build up a satisfactory practice in general dentistry.
The Doctor's father was one of the early settlers of California, and up to the time of his death was engaged in mining operations. He died in 1866, at Virginia city, Nevada. He came to the United States in his early manhood, being attracted to the Pacific coast when the first news of the finding of gold reached the other nations of the earth.
Transcribed 10-7-04 Marilyn R. Pankey
Source: "The Bay of San Francisco," Vol. 1, page 532-533, Lewis Publishing Co, 1892.
© 2004 Marilyn R. Pankey.
California Biography Project
San Francisco County
Golden Nugget Library