Joseph Seymour is a well known attorney with law offices in the Lerner building in the city of Riverside, California, where he engaged in a successful law practice, specializing in trial work. He was born September 7, 1881, in Oakland, Alameda county, California. His mother is also a native of California and his grandparents on both sides of the family were early pioneers, having come to San Francisco in 1847 and 1848 from New England.
Mr. Seymour was graduated in law from the University of Southern California, class of 1904. While a student there he was active in athletics, being a member of the Varsity football and track teams. He was admitted to the bar in April, 1904, and has practiced his profession in California continuously since that time. He is married and has two children, a son and a daughter, both born in California.
During the World war, Mr. Seymour was prominently connected with many of the activities in the furtherance of the cause. He enjoys participation in civic affairs and in political campaigns on behalf of the republican party; he belongs to several fraternal organizations, including the Elks, Native Sons and the Knights of Columbus, of which last named organization he has been District Deputy for his district. He is also a member of the Riverside City and County Chambers of Commerce, State and local Bar Associations and the Lions Service Club, Riverside Den, and is at present a deputy district governor of Lions International, District Four. During his career he has been favored on several occasions with appointment to public office and is much in demand as a public speaker..
Although a lifelong republican, Mr. Seymour has joined whole-heartedly in supporting the ideals of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in his endeavor to better existing national
For recreation Mr. Seymour enjoys motoring with his family and exercising his dogs.
Transcribed 10-30-12 Marilyn R. Pankey.
Source: California of the South Vol. V, by John Steven McGroarty, Pages 435-436, Clarke Publ., Chicago, Los Angeles, Indianapolis. 1933.
© 2012 Marilyn R. Pankey.