WALTER CHARLES DAVISON
Closely associated with the work of the courts in Riverside for more than twenty years, Walter Charles Davison is well known as an experienced, and able lawyer who has always been govered (sic) by high standards in the field of professional service. He was born in Columbus, Ohio, August 14, 1886, and is a son of Tom C. and Laura (Rose) Davison, who are also natives of the Buckeye state. On starting out for himself the father became a railroad employe, continuing in that line of work until his retirement in 1916, as a general officer of the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad. He is now a resident of Pomona, California. To Mr. and Mrs. Tom C. Davison were born eight children, all of whom are living.
In Chicago, Illinois, Walter C. Davison was a grammar school pupil and after attending high school at Omaha, Nebraska, he matriculated in the University of Southern California, which awarded him the degree of LL. B. in 1909, but was admitted to the bar six months before his graduation. Since the 1st of July, 1909, he has continuously followed his profession in Riverside, save for the period devoted to the service of the United States on the Mexican border as captain of Company M, Seventh Regiment of California Infantry, and with the passing years he has established an important and lucrative practice. His mind is analytical and logical in its trend, and his carefully prepared cases are clearly and forcefully presented. Appointed city attorney, he assumed his new duties in 1927 and proved well qualified for the office but tendered his resignation in 1928. However, he has ever been ready to serve his community when needed and was one of the freeholders who drew up the new charter for the city of Riverside.
In 1911 Mr. Davison married Miss Lois B. Glass, of Iowa, and their children are: Charles F., who is attending college; and Walter Cor, who is a senior in high school. For relaxation Mr. Davison turns to vigorous outdoor exercise including golf and particularly enjoys a game of handball. Since 1913 he had been a member of the Victoria Country Club. In religious belief he is a Presbyterian. Keenly interested in the progress of education in Riverside, he served on the city school board from 1915 until 1918. His professional affiliations are with the Riverside County Bar Association, the California State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He resides at 4590 Victoria avenue and maintains his law offices in the Covert building, 3662 Eighth street.
Transcribed By: Cecelia M. Setty.
Source: California of the South Vol. II, by John Steven McGroarty, Pages 449-450, Clarke Publ., Chicago, Los Angeles, Indianapolis. 1933.
© 2012 Cecelia M. Setty.