El Dorado County
CHARLES T. WALKER
One of the largest and important ranches of the Clarksville district of El Dorado County is that of which Charles T. Walker is the active manager and which is devoted largely to the raising of cattle. Mr. Walker was born on this place on the 12th of May, 1893, and has always lived here. He received his educational training in the public schools of Clarksville and a business college in Sacramento, after which he went to work on the home ranch. In the course of time, when increasing years compelled his father to relinquish much of the farm work, Charles T. took over the active management of the ranch and is now practically directing its operations. They have two thousand eight hundred acres of land in the home place, and also have another ranch of three thousand five hundred acres at Lake Tahoe. On these ranches they run about six hundred head of cattle, in the handling of which they have been very successful, being numbered among the leading ranchers of this section of the county.
Mr. Walker was united in marriage to Miss Eva Miser, who also was descended from one of the old pioneer families of El Dorado County, her father being extensively engaged in cattle raising. Mr. and Mrs. Walker were the parents of two children, Marcella and John Franklin. Mrs. Walker died December 27, 1930. Mr. Walker takes a keen interest in public affairs, but in politics maintains an independent attitude, voting for the best men, regardless of party lines. He is a member of the Free and Accepted Masons, the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, the Fraternal Order of Eagles, the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks and the Native Sons of the Golden West. His maternal grandmother was one of the first school teachers in El Dorado County. The Walkers have always been number among the best families of El Dorado County, commanding respect for their sterling personal qualities, as well as for the material wealth.
Transcribed by Gerald Iaquinta.
© 2010 Gerald Iaquinta.