Marriage17 Jun 1950, St. John The Evangelist Church, Pittston, Pennsylvania952
Marr MemoJPEG, 171 M Connors T n Feeney A, g:\B CLOOZ\A Copies of Source Documents\Exhibit Log\171 M Connors T n Feeney A.jpg, Marriage announcement. Pittston Gazette June 17, 1950. Copy on file but no publication data available.
Miss Ann C. Feeney, daughter of Mr. and Mrs Patrick C. Feeney, of 1127 Main Street, Port Griffith, and Thomas M. Connors, son of Mrs. Michael Connors and the late Mr. Connors, of 53 Frothingham Street, were united in marriage at 9 o'clock this morning in St. John the Evangelist R.C. Church by Rev. John J. O'Brien, Assistant Pastor, who also celebrated a nuptial mass. Miss Ellen Feeney was maid of honor for her sister and Joseph Connors was his brother's best man. Robert Feeney, brother of the bride, John Connors, brother of the bridegroom, were ushers. Robert Hoban sang and Mary Elizabeth Connors was organist.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore an ice blue satin gown with illusion nickline outlined in a ruffle of Chantilly lace, long sleeves tapering to points at the writs. The full skirt was picked up at the him with inserts of Chantilly lace and ended in a cathedral length train. She wore a three-quarters length illusion veil attached to a bonnet-shaped headdress. She carried a Colonial Bouquet of white orchids and white roses. She wore a Miraculous Medal.
The maid of honor wore a white marquisette gown over pink taffeta; an illusion neckline; a bertha of the same material; short sleeves, full skire, and matching gauntlets. She wore a picture hat of pink taffeta and lace. She carried a bouquet of white gardenias and pink roses.
The bride's mother wore a navy blue dress with white accessories and a corsage of white rose. The bridegroom's mother wore an aqua dress with black accessories and a corsage of red roses.
Breakfast was served at King's Inn, Kingston, after which a reception was help at the home of the bride's parents. The newlyweds then left on a wedding trip to New York City and other points. Upon their return they will reside at 336 Race Street, West Pittston.
The bride is a graduate of St. John's High School and Pittston Hospital School of Nursing. She had been employed by the Parochial Child Health Association in Pittston. Her husband attended Pittston Township High School and served 42 months in the United States Army during World War II, most of it in the European Theatre of Occupation. He is emplyed by International Color Printing Company, Parsons.