(1) It refers to a stream of water running north to south from Pine Township through McCandless, Hampton and Shaler townships into the Allegheny River. This stream has several tributaries called Little Pine Creek. The East Branch runs along the Saxonburg Boulevard, the West Branch comes in between Ingomar and Wexford, the South Branch flows from the Thompson Run Road area to Wilson Street, Etna. The mouth of the stream is at the South end of Etna opposite 57th Street of Pittsburgh.
(2) It refers to locations:
(a) In 1835 it referred to all the area adjacent to the Pine Creek Stream. This included the present Sharpsburg, Etna, Glenshaw, Allison Park, North Park and Dorseyville.
(b) To the average business man in Sharpsburg and Etna, Pine Creek is the South Section of Etna.
(c) To inhabitants of Ingomar, and Wexford, Pine Creek is the lowland between Ingomar and Wexford.
(d) To Presbyterians it is the Kittanning Pike or Dorseyville Road where the First Church Presbyterian is located.
(e) To Catholics of Hampton Township it is Pine Creek on the Middle Road. St Mary's Church is situated on the Middle Road--4 miles north of Etna.