Thanks for visiting . . .
the property of
Norman J. Meinert
O'Hara Township, Allegheny County, PA
and is presented here freely as a courtesy to family
historians and genealogists.
were illegally charged a FEE to obtain this information, please notify
the details at the E-Mail address listed on my Home Page, which is
There is NO affiliation or association between this website and
the cemetery listed below.
The following listing is from contributed family
files, and/or Tombstone Recordings.
This is NOT official
information, NOR is it complete.
Please contact the organization responsible for this cemetry for
official record information.
None of the following copyrighted information, partial
in total, may be used or stored, by any person, persons,
or organization (electronically or otherwise), for the purpose of
profiteering. Copying of, or referencing (linking) to
this webpage is allowable, as long as this source and owner is
indicated in all cases.
a.k.a. - Rodgers Cemetery; a.k.a. - Mallerson Cemetery;
a.k.a. - McCullough Cemetery; a.k.a.
Twin Oaks Drive, Pine Township, PA
Unless otherwise noted,
contributed by Rich Boyer.
This is a mirrored website of USGenWeb http://files.usgwarchives.net/pa/allegheny/cemeteries/rogers-pine.txt
,by permission, for search purposes.
Tombstone Photos may be viewed at: http://www.usgwarchives.net/pa/allegheny/tsphotos/rogers-pine.htm
Some history . . .
Transcribed from Wexford Then and Now, page 2, written by
Sue Page in 1950:
THIS IS a brief history of a very small parcel
of that Land Grant by
the King of England to William Penn, from a point in Eastern United
"west to the Setting Sun," known as Wexford, Pennsylvania. Through
headstones, family records and residents who have lived in this
many years has come the information contained herein.
There is evidence of settlers in this
territory as early as possibly
1775 or before. The main trail traveled by the Indians was called the
"Kushkushkee Trail" from the Forks of the Ohio River (where Allegheny
Monongahela meet) north to the Mahon-ing River to a large Indian Village
settlement there. This trail passed through Pine Township, in which the
Village of Wexford is located. Over this trail came the first settlers
Thomas Rogers is credited with being the first
settler in the 1790's,
but records indicate that Thomas Mallerson settled here in the latter
the 18th century on what is now known as the Lurting farm on the Pearce
Both Mallerson and Rogers are buried in an old
cemetery on a hill which
is part of the property now belonging to Frank Laklia of Wallace Road. A
headstone records the death of Thomas Rogers on May 8, 1808, at the age
55. His wife. Elizabeth, who died June 16, 1813, was buried beside him.
family whose name was Henry is recorded through a marker erected to the
memory of "Sarah, Wife of Samuel Henry," who died July 23, 1810, at the
of 37 years. A descendant of Thomas Mallerson, Mrs. Harry N. Cupp of
Pa. reported that at one time the stones of a daughter of Thomas Rogers
four of her children were in the same cemetery. They all died within a
days of one another, leading to the supposition that a contagious
stricken the entire family. These stones may have fallen over and are
probably covered by the thick growth of myrtle, lilac and iris which
on the hilltop.
Thomas Mallerson was born in Groton,
Connecticut, in 1753, and migrated
to this territory of Wexford in his late twenties. Some of his
remember hearing their parents and grandparents tell of his returning
the Revolutionary War and being unable to find his home for awhile. He
sergeant in that war in the Company of Captain Aaron Stevens in the 7th
Connecticut Regiment He enlisted on January 2, 1777, and was discharged
December 3, 1779. He and his wife Ame reared eight children: two boys,
Thomas, Jr., and Elisha; and six girls, Ame, Cynthia, Philinda,
Permelia and Lucinda. Lucinda, the youngest daughter, married Robert
Their son Alexander married Margaret English, who was the mother of Mrs.
Cupp, Mrs. John Williams (also of Mars), Mrs. Blanche Gracie,
Dr. W. C. Lurting. also of Pittsburgh. Mrs. Merle Pinkerton of Crider's
Corner is a Mallerson descendant also but not of this particular line.
The home of Thomas Rogers and his family still
stands today, but it is
soon to be dismantled by the construction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike
through this area. It is the house off Pearce Mill and Wallace Roads
presently occupied by Mrs. Morton. The old fireplaces, floors and
visual proof of its antiquity.
Posted: January 20, 2009 Last Update: May 25, 2011
Surname, First Name, Birthdate, Deathdate, Other (Links/Photos)
Anderson, William, d. 10 Aug 1870, aged 12Y 8M
Henry, Sarah, w/o Samuel, d. 23 Jul 1849, aged 37Y 9M 7D
Laughead, Oliver, d. 02 Feb 1841, aged 33Y
Lurting, Elias, d. 17 Oct 1864, aged 25Y 6M 2D
Lurting, Elizabeth, d/o Robert & Lucinda, d. 19 Sep 1847, aged 2Y 1M 1D,
Lurting, Lucinda, w/o Robert, 16 Mar 1877, age 75Y, Our Mother
Lurting, Robert, d. 06 May 1872, in the 72 Year, Our Father
Mallerson, Ame, d. 03 Nov 1828, aged 66Y
Mallerson, Thomas, d. 13 Nov 1813, aged 60Y
Mallison, Thomas, 1753 - 1813, Revolutionary Soldier, Sergeant, Capt Aaron
Stevens Company, 7th Connecticut Regiment, 02 Jan 1777 - 31 Dec 1779
Rogers, Elizabeth, d. 16 Jun 1813, aged age 55Y, These Stones got by James Steel and Catherine Rogers A.D. 1847
Rogers, Thomas, d. 08 May 1808, aged 55Y, These Stones got by James Steel and Catherine Rogers A.D. 1847
Rogers, William, d. 12 Jun 1853, aged 76Y
Rundel, James, d. 13 Feb 1845, aged 42Y 6M 16D
Steel, Mary Ann, d/o James, d. 12 Dec 1821, aged 3Y 1M 9D
Steel, Unknown, d. ?? Nov 1821
Steel, William, s/o James, d. 20 Nov 1821, aged 7Y 3M 12D
Stinson, Mary Ann, consort of Joseph, d. 11 May 1848
Unknown #01, E. P.
Unknown #07, S. H.
Unknown #13, John (upside down)
To contribute information to this website, please send Email to the
listed on my
"HOME PAGE" (link) below.
In your "Subject"
please indicate the full name of this cemetery. Thank you!