Kane County, Illinois
If you are searching for Ancestors in Kane County, Illinois, I may have the information you are looking for! Somewhere in these records may be the clues you need!
For a fee of $12.50 I will research the following sources for your surnames, let you know what I find, and from what sources. If there is a great deal of information, biographies, etc., there will be an additional charge $5 to $15, depending on the amount of material to be copied and sent. Let me know if you prefer email or snail mail.
Below is the list of my sources:
1. 1859 to 1860 Kane Co. Illinois Directory.
2. History of Kane Co. Illinois, 2 volumes Joslyn + Joslyn, 1908 Pioneer Publishing Co., Chicago. 1777 pages total. Every name indexed, including photos, civil war veterans, elected city and county officials, ladies aid societies, G.A.R. and Aurora Relief Corps. Some listings of 1840 & 1844 voters of Kane Co., and 1864 special tax assessment list of sons taxpayers.
3. Biographical Record of Kane Co., Illinois, 1898. S.J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago 769 pages. Every name indexed, including female maiden / married name cross referenced.
4. Past and Present of Kane Co., Illinois, 1878. Wm. LeBaron & Co., Chicago 821 pages. Every name indexed, including voters & taxpayers list.
5. Kane Co. Illinois 1922 thru 1923 Rural route directory.
6. Elgin, Illinois City Directory 1933 thru 1934.
7. Elgin, Illinois City Directory 1925 thru 1926.
8. Elgin High School Maroon Yearbook 1917, indexed.
9. Elgin High School Maroon Yearbook 1937, indexed.
10. Geneva, Illinois A history of its times and places. Including 1871 plat map of Geneva and area.
11. Kane Co., Illinois Early Families 1833 thru 1885.
12. Kane Co., Illinois Farmers Directory.
13. Early Illinois Marriages 1763 thru 1900.
14. 1895 Kane Co., Illinois Atlas Plat Map Index.
15. 1888 Kaneville, Illinois Business Directory.
16. 1872 Kane Co., Illinois Township Plat Map Index.
17. 1871 Business Directory of Kane Co., Illinois.
18. 1900 thru 1920 McIntosh Livery Stables Customer Accounts, name indexed.
19. Elgin Illinois City Directory 1956 including Carpentersville, Dundee, and South Elgin.
20. Elgin Illinois City Directory 1958 including Carpentersville, Dundee, and South Elgin.
21. Elgin Illinois City Directory 1959 including Carpentersville, Dundee, and South Elgin.
22. Aurora Illinois City Directory 1964 including North Aurora, Montgomery, and Moecherville.
23. St. Charles, Batavia, and Geneva Illinois City Directory 1964.
24. Aurora Illinois City Directory 1967 including Boulder Hill, North Aurora, Montgomery, and Moecherville.
25. Elgin Illinois City Directory 1966 including Carpentersville, Dundee, and South Elgin.
26. 1976 Elgin City Phone Directory.
Please email me at Nelcyn@foxvalley.net if there is anything you might be interested in.