Elijah Creel house in Greensburg, Green County, built in 1820. The Creel
house is one of the best preserved Federal style brick structures in Greensburg.
When built it was on the family tobacco plantations just outside of Greensburg.
It is featured on the cover of the book "Historic Architecture of Green County, Kentucky" published by the Green County Historical Society/The Kentucky Heritage Council. Mr. Creel and his wife, the former Malinda Waggener, are buried on the property.
Historically designated Green County court house. Known as the oldest existing
court house west of the Allegheny Mountains, it was begun in 1802 and completed
in 1803. The structure replaced a log court house constructed shortly after
the formation of Green County in 1792. Walter Bullock of Lexington
was the builder in charge, Edward J. Bullock and Thomas W. Lisle the carpenters
and Robert Ball the stone mason. The building was last used in 1933.