German Immigrant Ancestors
in Syracuse and Onondaga County, New York
"Views of Syracuse, New York
Through Four Generations" collection
Street Views of Syracuse
North Salina Street, main street of the "German" North Side of Syracuse (circa 1900).
Northside Farmers' Market, Syracuse, New York, circa 1900
where area farmers (Cicero, North Syracuse, etc.) brought their produce
When the Woodland Reservoir opened on South Geddes Street in 1894, the old
Wilkinson Reservoir on Syracuse's southest side became obsolete and was turned into a
swimming hole --
a cool place for children to go in the summer.
In 1898 the city bought it and the 71
surrounding acres to create Onondaga Park.
In 1911 this old reservoir was renamed Hiawatha Lake. (Postcard circa 1900)
[Under construction -- more to come.]