German Immigrant Ancestors
in Syracuse and Onondaga County, New York
The Crouse-Hinds Company
The following information comes from items handed down through my family concerning the Crouse-Hinds Company of Syracuse, where several of my relatives once worked. I include them here because many of the Crouse-Hinds employees over the years were themselves, or were the descendants of, German-speaking immigrants.
- 1936 - List of all of the Crouse-Hinds Company employees and their year of first hiring, as of 25 November, 1936; from the anniversary commemorative booklet entitled “The Fortieth Anniversary of Crouse-Hinds Company, Syracuse, New York, January 18th, 1897-1937, with Honor Roll of all employees”
- 1939 - Group photo of the Crouse-Hinds Bowling League of 1939-1940. (If you recognize anyone, please let me know!)
- 1946 - List of all of the Crouse-Hinds Company employees as of 14 December 1946, their years of service (computed as of 31 December 1946), and their military service, from the booklet entitled “50 YEARS: January 18th 1897-1947; Crouse-Hinds Company, Syracuse, N. Y.”
- 1960 - Transcript of “A Message to Crouse-Hinds Employees and Their Families” on a seven-inch, 33-1/3 rpm long-playing microgroove phonograph record, given to all employees with accompanying cover letter on 11 June 1960.
- 1966 - List of Crouse-Hinds employees with 25 to 48 years' service, feted at a dinner held at the Grand Ball Room of the Hotel Syracuse on 15 February 1966
The Cooper-Crouse-Hinds Company today (see also the company's "history" page)
Website of a fan of Crouse-Hinds traffic signals (see also his Crouse-Hinds history page)
This webpage is under construction, with more to be added later.