Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   


Geschichte der Deutschen in Syracuse und Onondaga County
Nebst Kurzen Biographien
von Beamten und Hervorragenden Buergern


Von 1880-1896
[From 1880 to 1896]

English translation at the bottom of this page


[pages 215-227:]


Das 8. Jahrzehnt brachte wenig Neues für das hiesige Deutschthum, was von allgemeinem geschichtlichem Interesse wäre, ausser der Gründung einer ganzen Anzahl neuer Kirchen. Die Deutschen warren inzwischen zu Wohlstand gelangt; sie hatten in allen Zweigen des geschäftlichen und professionellen Lebens ihre Vertreter und so waren sie nach Zahl und Einfluss zu einem Faktor geworden, welchen der Politiker sowohl wie der Geschäftsmann in Betracht ziehen musste, wenn seine Berechnungen stimmen sollten. Es lässt sich jedoch nicht leugnen, dass schon um diese Zeit unmerklich ein Umschwung in den geselligen Lebensverhältnissen und in der Denkweise der jüngeren Generation eingetreten war. Die Vereine, welche neu gegründet wurden, tragen allesammt den Stempel des Praktischen; von einem deutschen Theater konnte schon längst keine Rede mehr sein; die Deutschen fingen an, nach Art der Amerikaner praktisch zu werden. Ideale Bestrebungen finden hinfort ihre Befürworter und Vertreter nur noch in engeren Kreisen und bei einzelnen Individuen; die grosse Masse hat weder Sinn noch Verständniss noch Würdigung dafür. Nach dem wehmüthigen Zeugniss der alten Pioniere haben die Zeiten sich hierin gewaltig geändert. Die Jagd nach idealen Zielen brachte keinen klingenden Gewinn; um so lohnender erweist sich die Jagd nach dem "allmächtigen Dollar." Das ist aber eher amerikanisch als deutsch.

In diesem Zeitabschnitt begegnen wir zunächst der Gründung der deutschen katholischen St. Joseph’s-Kirche, welche am 19. November 1881 organisirt wurde. Der Grundstein zu ihrer Kirche wurde im folgenden Jahre gelegt und am 21. November 1882 konnte die Einweihung stattfinden. Das Gebäude kostete $20,000. Im Jahre 1883 wurde noch ein Schulhaus für $4,500 errichtet. Der erste Prediger der Gemeinde war Pfarrer Joseph Pickl, dessen Nachfolger Pfarrer S. A. Preisser ist.

Darauf folgt die evangelisch lutherische St. Pauls-Kirche, welche am 17. April 1882 incorporirt wurde. Die ersten Versammlungen wurden in der "Good Will" Kapelle, an der Fabius- und Oswegostrasse abgehalten, bis das gegenwärtige Gebäude an der Ecke von Shonnard- und Oswegostrasse fertig gestellt war (1883). Das Gemeinde-Eigenthum hat einen Werth von etwa $7000. Die ersten Trustees waren: Karl Seybold, Karl Schramm und Heinrich Williams. Als erster Prediger diente Pastor Karl E. Raymond bis zum September 1884. Im Dezember 1884 kam Pastor Heinrichs, welcher bis zum Juli 1885 blieb. Im September 1885 wurde Pastor Georg Merschroth ordinirt [sic; he was not ordained then, but began as pastor then; see Nachtrag], welcher seitdem mit Erfolg die Gemeinde bedient.

Am 1. Januar 1885 wurde dann die evangelisch lutherische St. Marcus-Kirche mit 60 Familien organisirt, welche aus der St. Johanneskirche ausgetreten waren. Die Incorporation erfolgte am 2. Februar 1885. Die ersten Trustees warren: Ludwig Trage, Sr., August Fandrich, Gottfried Wells, Carl Schlosser, Sr., Nicholas Huber, Heinrich Bruns, Wilhelm Rohde, Karl Kreischer und Hermann Ungerathen. Sie kauften das schöne Backstein-Gebäude an der Ecke von Burnet- und Lockstrasse, dicht an der Kreuzung der West Shore-Bahn. Ihr erster Prediger war Dr. Theophilus C. Maas, bis 1888, worauf Dr. G. C. H. Haskarl Prediger wurde. Sein Nachfolger war Pastor E. G. Halz bis 1894, unter dessen Pastorat die Gemeinde beschloss, sich aufzulösen, weil sie die auf dem Eigenthum lastende Schuld nicht bewältigen konnte. Der nach Bezahlung aller Schulden übrig bleibende Erlös wurde unter verschiedene lutherische kirchliche Institutionen vertheilt. Die Kirche ging schliesslich (1895) in den Besitz der italienischen katholischen Kirche über.

Die deutsche katholische Dreifaltigkeits-Kirche an der Parkstrasse, wo ehemals Kaiser’s Grove sich befand, wurde 1890 organisirt. Das Gebäude (aus Holz) wurde 1891 errichtet und kostete $10,000. Pfarrer J. Reuland ist der Prediger.

Die Woodlawn evangelische Kirche auf dem Huntley Tract wurde in 1891 organisirt und baute sogleich eine Kirche. Dieselbe brannte im folgenden Jahre nieder, infolge Blitzschlags und eine neue wurde zum Kostenpreis von $4,000 errichtet. Dieselbe ging im Jahre 1896 in den Besitz der bischöflichen Methodisten-Kirche über und ist nicht länger deutsch.

Die deutsche Bischoefliche Methodisten-Kirche an Butternutstrasse wurde 1891 organisirt. Sie besitzt eine hübsche Kirche im Werthe von $5000. Die Prediger der Gemeinde waren: Pape, Flad, E. Huber und J. Theilmann.

Am 24. Mai 1884 wurde das Tabor Waisenhaus inkorporirt, mit den folgenden Trustees: Pastor Alex. Oberländer, Ferdinand Rothe, Philipp Harff, Philipp Ruch, Alex, E. Oberländer, Amelia Bulla, Margaretha Walther, Catharina Heylgeist und Margaretha Bühlauer. Die Idee hierzu ging von der jetzt verstorbenen Gattin des Herrn Pastors Oberländer, Frau Mathilde Oberländer, aus, auf deren Anregung der Plan Gestalt gewann. Durch einen Todesfall in einer befreundeten Familie waren die Kinder mutterlos geworden und die traurige Nothlage spornte Frau Oberländer an, ein deutsches protestantisches Waisenhaus zu gründen. Es wurde sofort mit Pfennig-Subscriptionen begonnen und zwei Jahre später, am 26. November 1885, wurde das herrlich gelegene Waisenhaus auf dem Gilbert Hill an Springstrasse, nahe Butternut, eingeweiht. In demselben fanden (bis es 1896 einging) jährlich durchschnittlich 20 Waisen Aufnahme.

Die evangelisch lutherische Tabor-Gemeinde wurde unter den folgenden Umständen gegründet: Als Pastor Alex. Oberländer im April 1893 aufhörte, Prediger der Zions-Kirche zu sein, wurde er von einer Anzahl treuer Freunde dringend ersucht, eine neue Kirche zu organisiren. Er weigerte sich anfänglich darauf einzugehen, um den Anschein zu vermeiden, als habe er die Absicht, der Zionskirche Abbruch zu thun. Es war sein Wunsch, dass alle Glieder der Zionskirche bei derselben verbleiben sollten. Einige bestanden jedoch auf ihrem Wunsche, nebst einer Anzahl ihrer Freunde, die in keiner kirchlichen Verbindung standen, und so wurde im Mai 1893 in der Halle des Waisenhauses der erste Missions-Gottesdienst abgehalten. Am 24. Januar 1894 wurde die Mission bereits zu einer Gemeinde organisirt und folgende Beamten gewählt: Aeltesten, Friedrich Wickert und Gustav F. Meistering; Vorsteher, Johann Ruoff und Hermann Haase; Trustees, Conrad Mündlein, Wilhelm G. Hörner und Martin Strohmeyer. Im Oktober 1896 sah sich Pastor Oberländer aus Gesundheitsrücksichten genöthigt, ein südliches Klima aufzusuchen und übertrug seinem Sohn, Pastor Fridolin E. Oberländer, die Verwaltung der Gemeinde. Auf Anrathen des letzteren wurde die Gemeinde am 12. Januar 1897 inkorporirt, unter Artikel 4, Kapitel 35 des Kirchengesetzes von 1895, welches Gesetz keine besonderen Gemeinde-Trustees vorschreibt, sondern die Æltesten und Vorsteher, nebst dem Prediger, ex-officio als Trustees erklärt. Zur Zeit der Inkorporation waren die folgenden im Amte: Ælteste, Martin Strohmeyer, Jacob Gammerdinger und Friedrich Wickert; Vorsteher, Jacob G. Knobel, Jacob Borne und Hermann Haase. Die Gemeinde besitzt ein schönes Kirchengebäude, welches mit Glocke und Orgel $7000 kostete, und an Springstrasse steht, nahe Butternut, mit Sitzraum für 300 Personen. Die Mitgliederzahl beträgt 78 Familien.

In der ersten Hälfte der achtziger Jahre hatte die Einwanderung in Amerika ihren Höhepunkt erreicht und auch Syracuse hatte seinen Antheil erhalten. Die Gründung grosser Fabrikanlagen bot Ersatz für den Niedergang der Salzindustrie und genügende Beschäftigung für Tausende fleissiger Hände. Seitdem ist die Einwanderung immer tiefer gesunken, in Uebereinstimmung mit den gegenwärtigen gedrückten Verhältnissen in Handel und Industrie. Ehe wir jedoch in einem Schlusskapitel den jetzigen Stand des hiesigen Deutschthums Revue passiren lassen, muss noch das grosse Pionierfest erwähnt werden, welches am 20. Juli 1892 stattfand. Dasselbe wurde von dem in 1892 gegründeten Pionier-Verein arrangirt und zeigt uns das letzte Aufflackern des alten Pioniergeistes in der Veranstaltung von Festlichkeiten.

DAS DEUTSCHE PIONIERFEST.

Dasselbe war vom herrlichsten Wetter begünstigt. Schon um 1 Uhr am genannten Tage hatte sich eine grosse Anzahl der alten deutschen Pioniere vor der Turnhalle versammelt, wo sie sich gegenseitig begrüssten und im Austausch alter Erinnerungen schwelgten. Das Komitee war noch emsig an der Arbeit, die Auszeichnungen, auf welchen das Jahr der Einwanderung gedruckt war, zu vertheilen. Die Namen wurden dem Jahrgang nach verlesen und je 4 Pionieren eine Kutsche angewiesen.

Punkt halb 3 Uhr setzte sich der Zug in Bewegung, bestehend aus 71 Kutschen unter dem Vormarsch des Chef-Marschalls und der folgenden Assistenten: Joseph Hecker, George Schattle, Karl Umbrecht, Karl Listmann, Friedrich Auer, Thomas Saile, Jacob Klein, Johann Bachtold, Louis Olbeter, Wilhelm Fage, Johann V. Becker, Conrad Loos, Friedrich W. Willwerth, Jacob Grassmann, Carl Hotch, Carl Stilbert, Joseph Zimmermann, Jacob Endres, Nicholas Endres, Joh. Hamm, und des Göttel’schen Musik Corps.

Hierauf folgten die Beamten der Organisation (der Präsident, Herr Geo. P. Hier, war abwesend), der Vice-Präsident, Carl Simon, der Secretär, Joh. L. Röhner, und der Schatzmeister, Jacob Knapp.

Den Beamten folgten in einer Kutsche die Berichterstatter der englischen Presse und nach diesen kamen die Pioniere in langer Wagenreihe. Der ganzen Marschroute entlang waren die Häuser einfach, aber hübsch, dekorirt. Besonders war dies der Fall in dem sogenannten deutschen Viertel der 2., 12. und 16. Ward. Beim "Empire House" passirte der Zug Revue vor dem Achtbaren Mayor Jacob Amos und den Mitgliedern des Stadtraths. Der Umzug dauerte volle 3 Stunden und es war halb sechs Uhr, als derselbe zu Ende kam.

In der Turnhalle angekommen, nahmen die Pioniere an einem reich gedeckten Tische Platz zu einem Festmahle. Darauf hielt der Secretär, Joh. L. Röhner, eine kurze Rede, worin er die alten Pioniere begrüsste und verlas dann einige Briefe, worin angesehene alte deutsche Pioniere ihr Bedauern ausdrückten, nicht zugegen sein zu können. Ferner gab er eine "statistische Geschichte" der Deutschen zu Besten, die indessen nicht auf Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit Anspruch erheben konnte und in der "Union" scharf kritisirt wurde.

Von den Pionieren, welche an dieser Feier theilnahmen, erwähnen wir die folgenden, unter Angabe des Jahres ihrer Einwanderung, weil dadurch die Geschichte des betreffenden Zeitabschnitts ergänzt wird:

1830 - Georg Stephens, Carl Walter.

1831 - Egbert Schemel, Johann C. Whitney.

1832 - Peter Miller, August Bösler, Nicolaus Schäfer.

1833 - Michel Meiser (Meizer).

1834 - Karl Weishuhn (Wisehoon).

1835 - Martin Knauber.

1836 - Jacob Luchsinger.

1837 - C. H. Hart.

1839 - Friedrich Willwerth, Ignaz Fiesinger.

1840 - Johann Bierhardt, Anton Kendel, Karl Eckel, Martin Yann, Johann Osbelt, Georg Holzmann, Peter Huck (Hook) [.]

1841 - Lambert Reidel.

1842 - Johann F. Voshall, Michael Finkler, Heinrich Korb.

1843 - Gustav Sniper, Joseph Sniper, Philipp Schilly.

1844 - Peter Behm, S. Rosenblum, Johann Scharon.

1845 - Peter Ohneth, Heinrich Danziger, Johann H. Knobel, Johann C. Schön, Johann M. Griesinger, Georg Thomas, Jo[hann?] West.

1846 - Jacob Keim, D. J. Heimburger, Hector B. Johnson, Philipp Laun, Julius Jacobs, Carl Simon, Hermann Schneider, [.]

1847 - Peter Drumm, Friedrich Humbert, Louis Harbach, Karl Klink, Emil C. Laass, C. F. Miller, Nicholas Peters, Sr., Carl Umbrecht, Thomas Saile, Georg Schattle, Franz Scharer, Michael Braun, Hermann Trost.

1848 - Franziscus Baumer, Christian Koch (Cook), Christian Frühauf (Freehoff), Joh. Gebhardt, F. Kraus, F. Maurer, Martin Nutz, Wilhelm Funda, Jacob Schwarz, Jacob Schneider, Anton L. Schmidt, W. W. Wöse, Adam Wetzel, Bernhard Wente, Moses Lichtenbeg [sic], Julius Wöse, Jacob Miller, Christian Walter, Joseph A. Hofmann, Ernst Held, Adam Grub (Group), Casimir Tröndle, Carl F. Meyer, Jacob Brand, David G. Marquart, Jacob Henocsberg.

1849 - Jacob L. Barker, Joh. Esser, Bernhard G. Keller, Carl Guth, Carl N. Hoch (Hatch), Johann J. Klotz, Carl Stroh, Jacob Marschall, Adam Yäckel, Philipp Zenner, Friedrich Brand, Heinrich Genzel, G. Genzel, Georg Zett, Jacob C. Hamel, Abraham Weiss, Jakob Yäckel, [.]

1850 - Joseph Hofher, Isaak Löwenthal, Philipp Maurer, sen., Jacob Naun, Michael Auer, Friedrich Auer, Oliver Schnabele, L. L. Thürwächter, Nicholas Drumm, Simon Löwenthal, Anton Wasmer, Mich. Blaich, Aug. Reinhard, Daniel Braun, Adam Filsinger, Wilhelm Bartlett, Joseph Schneider.

1851 - Conrad Altenbrandt, Augustus Blum, David Hassel, Philipp Stohrer, Johann Kohl, Ernst G. Rapp, Wilhelm Rüscher, Robert Gustäen, Hermann Reis, Carl Kotz, Jacob Hammel, Jacob Schäfer, Gabriel Traub, Jakob Kohl. [page 227]




English translation:

From 1880 to 1896


The eighth decade brought little new for the local Germans that would be of general historical interest, other than the establishment of a whole number of new churches. The Germans in the meantime had grown prosperous; they were represented in all branches of commercial and professional life and therefore had become an influential factor in all of these, which the politician as well as the businessman had to consider in their calculations. It cannot be denied, however, that already by this time an imperceptible reversal in the conditions of informal social life and the way of thinking of the younger generation had occurred. The newly established societies all carried the stamp of the practical; from a German theater no longer would a long speech emerge; the Germans began to grow practical in the manner of the Americans. Idealistic efforts now found their advocates only in smaller and more intimate circles and among single individuals; the larger mass had neither the sense nor the understanding nor the appreciation of such things. According to the melancholy testimony of the old pioneers, the times therein enormously changed. The striving for idealistic goals brought no concrete profit; the more profitable hunt proved to be the hunt for the "Almighty Dollar." That is, however, more American than German.

During this time period we first meet the founding of the German Catholic St. Joseph’s Church, organized on 19 November 1881. The cornerstone of the church was laid the following year and on 21 November 1882 the dedication took place. The building cost $20,000. In the year 1883 the school building was erected for $4,500. The first priest of the congregation was Father Joseph Pickl, whose successor is Father S. A. Preisser.

Next came the Evangelist Lutheran St. Paul’s Church, which was incorporated on 17 April 1882. The first meetings were held in the "Good Will" chapel at Fabius and Oswego Streets until the present building at the corner of Shonnard and Oswego Streets was built (1883). The congregational property amounts to about $7,000. The first Trustees were: Karl Seybold, Karl Schramm, and Heinrich Williams. As first minister Pastor Karl E. Raymond served until September 1884. In December 1884 Pastor Heinrichs arrived, staying until July 1885. In September 1885 Pastor Georg Merschroth was ordained [sic he was not ordained then, but began as pastor then; see Nachtrag], and has successfully served the congregation since then.

On 1 January 1885 the Evangelist Lutheran St. Mark’s Church was organized with 60 families who had left St. John’s Church. The incorporation followed on 2 February 1885. The first Trustees were: Ludwig Trage, Sr., August Fandrich, Gottfried Wells, Carl Schlosser, Sr., Nicholas Huber, Heinrich Bruns, Wilhelm Rohde, Karl Kreischer, and Hermann Ungerathen. They bought the pretty brick building at the corner of Burnet and Lock Street, near the crossing of the West Shore Line [railroad]. Their first minister was Dr. Theophilus C. Maas, until 1888, then Dr. G. C. H. Haskarl was minister. His successor was Pastor E. G. Halz until 1894, under whose ministry the congregation decided to dissolve because it could not handle the debt on the property. Proceeds remaining after repayment of all debts were distributed to other different Lutheran church institutions. The church finally (1895) passed into the possession of the Italian Catholic church.

The German Catholic Dreifaltigkeits-Kirche [Holy Trinity Church] on Park Street, where formerly Kaiser’s Grove was located, was organized in 1890. The (wooden) building was erected in 1891 and cost $10,000. Father J. Reuland is the priest.

The Woodlawn Evangelist Church on the Huntley Tract was organized and built immediately thereafter in 1891. Thanks to a lightening bolt it burned down in the following year, and a new church costing $4,000 was built. This passed into the possession of the Episcopal-Methodist Church in the year 1896 and is no longer German.

The German Episcopal-Methodist Church on Butternut Street was organized in 1891. It owns a handsome church building valued at $5,000. The ministers of this congregation were: Pape, Flad, E. Huber, and J. Theilmann.

On 24 May 1884 the Tabor Orphanage was incorporated, with the following Trustees: : Pastor Alex. Oberländer, Ferdinand Rothe, Philipp Harff, Philipp Ruch, Alex. E. Oberländer, Amelia Bulla, Margaretha Walther, Catharina Heylgeist and Margaretha Bühlauer. The original idea for this entity was suggested by the now-deceased wife of Pastor Oberländer, Mrs. Mathilde Oberländer, and by whose inspiration the plan took shape. Due to a death in a friend’s family the children had become orphans and by this sad necessity Mrs. Oberländer was spurred to create a German Protestant orphanage. This was immediately begun with penny donations and two years later, on 26 November 1885, the orphanage was dedicated on Gilbert Hill at Spring Street, near Butternut. Each year (through 1896) an average of 20 orphans are admitted.

The Evangelist Lutheran Tabor Church was founded under the following circumstances: As Pastor Alex. Oberländer, in April 1893 stopped being minister of Zion’s Church, he was urgently requested by a number of faithful friends to organize a new church. He initially refused, in order to avoid giving the appearance that he had left Zion’s Church in order to do so. It had been his wish that all members of Zion’s Church would remain with it. Some insisted, however, upon their requests, along with a number of his friends who had no church affiliation, and so in May 1893 in the orphanage building the first mission service was held. On 24 January 1894 the mission was organized as a congregation with the following officials: Elders, Friedrich Wickert and Gustav F. Meistering; Directors, Johann Ruoff and Hermann Haase; Trustees, Conrad Mündlein, Wilhelm G. Hörner, and Martin Strohmeyer. In October 1896 Pastor Oberländer, due to health considerations, left in search of a southern climate and transferred the administration of the congregation to his son, Pastor Fridolin E. Oberländer. On the advice of the latter the congregation was incorporated on 12 January 1897 under Article 4, Chapter 35 of the church bylaws of 1895, which allows for no particular congregational trustees, but rather rules that the elders and directors, together with the minister, ex-officio, act as trustees. At the time of the incorporation the following were in office: Elders, Martin Strohmeyer, Jacob Gammerdinger, and Friedrich Wickert; Directors, Jacob G. Knobel, Jacob Borne, and Hermann Haase. The congregation owns a beautiful church building, which cost $7,000 including bell and organ, on Spring Street near Butternut, with seating for 300 people. The membership amounts to 78 families.

In the first half of the 1880’s immigration to America had reached its zenith and so had Syracuse received her share. The establishment of large factories offered a replacement for the decline of the salt industry and sufficient employment for thousands of diligent hands. Since then immigration has diminished ever more deeply in accordance with the present pressed [depressed?] conditions in trade and industry. But before we leave the portion of the Germans’ story and move to a concluding chapter to the entire passing Revue, we must yet mention the great celebration of pioneers that took place on 20 July 1892. This was arranged by the Pioneer Society founded in 1892, and illustrates for us the final flickering of the old pioneer spirit in festival organization.

THE GERMAN PIONEER FESTIVAL.

It was favored by the loveliest weather. Already by 1 o’clock on the appointed day a large number of old German pioneers had gathered at the Turn Hall, where they welcomed each other and indulged in swapping old memories. The committee was even then still at work, verifying years of immigration to be printed in the honor roll. The names were read out by each year, and four pioneers at a time were each directed to a coach.

Promptly at 3 o’clock the parade set off, consisting of 71 coaches led by the Grand Marshal and the following assistants: Joseph Hecker, George Schattle, Karl Umbrecht, Karl Listmann, Friedrich Auer, Thomas Saile, Jacob Klein, Johann Bachtold, Louis Olbeter, Wilhelm Fage, Johann V. Becker, Conrad Loos, Friedrich W. Willwerth, Jacob Grassmann, Carl Hotch, Carl Stilbert, Joseph Zimmermann, Jacob Endres, Nicholas Endres, Joh. Hamm, and Göttel’s Music Corps.

Thereafter the officials of the organization followed (the president, Mr. Geo. P. Hier, was absent): the vice-president, Carl Simon, the secretary, Joh. L. Röhner, and the treasurer, Jacob Knapp.

Representatives of the English press followed in their own coach, and then came the pioneers in a long row of coaches. Along the entire parade route the houses were simply, but prettily, decorated. This was especially so in the so-called "German Quarter," in the Second, Twelfth, and Sixteenth Wards. In front of the "Empire House" the parade passed before the review of the Honorable Mayor Jacob Amos and members of the City Council. The parade lasted a full three hours and it was half past six when it finally ended.

Returning to the Turn Hall, the pioneers were escorted to a richly bedecked buffet [?] for their festival meal. After that Secretary Joh. L. Röhner made a short speech including a welcome to the old pioneers and excerpts from some letters from esteemed old German pioneers who expressed regret at not being able to attend. He went on further to give a "statistical history" of the Best Germans that was sharply criticized in the "[Syracuse] Union" for being neither totally correct nor complete.

Of the pioneers who took part in this celebration we mention the following, next to the years of their immigration, because through their story this chapter is supplemented:

1830 - Georg Stephens, Carl Walter.

1831 - Egbert Schemel, Johann C. Whitney.

1832 - Peter Miller, August Bösler, Nicolaus Schäfer.

1833 - Michel Meiser (Meizer).

1834 - Karl Weishuhn (Wisehoon).

1835 - Martin Knauber.

1836 - Jacob Luchsinger.

1837 - C. H. Hart.

1839 - Friedrich Willwerth, Ignaz Fiesinger.

1840 - Johann Bierhardt, Anton Kendel, Karl Eckel, Martin Yann, Johann Osbelt, Georg Holzmann, Peter Huck (Hook) [.]

1841 - Lambert Reidel.

1842 - Johann F. Voshall, Michael Finkler, Heinrich Korb.

1843 - Gustav Sniper, Joseph Sniper, Philipp Schilly.

1844 - Peter Behm, S. Rosenblum, Johann Scharon.

1845 - Peter Ohneth, Heinrich Danziger, Johann H. Knobel, Johann C. Schön, Johann M. Griesinger, Georg Thomas, Jo[hann?] West.

1846 - Jacob Keim, D. J. Heimburger, Hector B. Johnson, Philipp Laun, Julius Jacobs, Carl Simon, Hermann Schneider, [.]

1847 - Peter Drumm, Friedrich Humbert, Louis Harbach, Karl Klink, Emil C. Laass, C. F. Miller, Nicholas Peters, Sr., Carl Umbrecht, Thomas Saile, Georg Schattle, Franz Scharer, Michael Braun, Hermann Trost.

1848 - Franziscus Baumer, Christian Koch (Cook), Christian Frühauf (Freehoff), Joh. Gebhardt, F. Kraus, F. Maurer, Martin Nutz, Wilhelm Funda, Jacob Schwarz, Jacob Schneider, Anton L. Schmidt, W. W. Wöse, Adam Wetzel, Bernhard Wente, Moses Lichtenbeg [sic], Julius Wöse, Jacob Miller, Christian Walter, Joseph A. Hofmann, Ernst Held, Adam Grub (Group), Casimir Tröndle, Carl F. Meyer, Jacob Brand, David G. Marquart, Jacob Henocsberg.

1849 - Jacob L. Barker, Joh. Esser, Bernhard G. Keller, Carl Guth, Carl N. Hoch (Hatch), Johann J. Klotz, Carl Stroh, Jacob Marschall, Adam Yäckel, Philipp Zenner, Friedrich Brand, Heinrich Genzel, G. Genzel, Georg Zett, Jacob C. Hamel, Abraham Weiss, Jakob Yäckel, [.]

1850 - Joseph Hofher, Isaak Löwenthal, Philipp Maurer, sen., Jacob Naun, Michael Auer, Friedrich Auer, Oliver Schnabele, L. L. Thürwächter, Nicholas Drumm, Simon Löwenthal, Anton Wasmer, Mich. Blaich, Aug. Reinhard, Daniel Braun, Adam Filsinger, Wilhelm Bartlett, Joseph Schneider.

1851 - Conrad Altenbrandt, Augustus Blum, David Hassel, Philipp Stohrer, Johann Kohl, Ernst G. Rapp, Wilhelm Rüscher, Robert Gustäen, Hermann Reis, Carl Kotz, Jacob Hammel, Jacob Schäfer, Gabriel Traub, Jakob Kohl. [page 227]


Copyright 2003 Michelle Stone. Warning! No guarantees apply concerning the accuracy of this German-to-English translation! It is merely a rudimentary and non-professional attempt provided as a public service by M. Stone using a dictionary and automatic online translation services, Alta Vista's Babel Fish and
http://www.freetranslation.com/. Those who can offer improvements and corrections, please email me Re: Deutschen pp. 215-227. Thanks!


« Previous Section . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Next Section »

BACK to Geschichte Contents Page

Home