Rose b.1840 NC/TN d.bef 1899 AR m.Elsie 1861 d.aft 1899 AR. So
far only one child. Christopher Columbus Rose b.Mar 5, 1862 [I have his picture
and was told he was a U.S. Marshall in Indian Territory, can't seem to find any
evidence of this.]
Descendants of Francis
1. FRANCIS MARCUS1 ROSE was born 1772 in Yadkin Valley,NC, and died Aft. 1849 in Giles Co., TN. He married ELIZABETH 'BETTY' CUTBIRTH in NC, daughter of DANIEL CUTBIRTH and ELIZABETH COLEMAN. She was born 1789 in VA, and died in Giles Co., TN.
Children of FRANCIS ROSE and ELIZABETH CUTBIRTH are:
2. i. WILLIAM W.2 ROSE, b. 1810, Giles Co., TN; d. c 1860, Giles Co., TN.
ii. ELIZABETH ROSE, b. Mar 2, 1812; m. VINCENT CARTER, 1829, Balaske, Giles, TN; b. Feb 22, 1803, Halifax, NC.
iii. CORNELIUS ROSE, b. 1813, NC; m. ELIZABETH MCCUTCHEON; b. 1813, TN.
3. iv. BENJAMIN BOONE ROSE, b. 1806.
v. CARROLL ROSE, b. 1815.
vi. JACKSON ROSE, b. 1817.
vii. MARY ROSE, b. 1818.
viii. JOHN C. ROSE.
ix. EZEKIEL NORRIS ROSE, m. EIZA ANN GRAVES.
x. JAMES M. ROSE, b. 1806.
4. xi. SABRA ROSE, b. Aug 9, 1809, TN; d. Jan 7, 1889, Erath Co., TX.
xii. FRANCIS MARCUS ROSE, b. Feb 12, 1823; m. JULIA GRAHAM; b. 1826.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM W.2 ROSE (FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born 1810 in Giles Co., TN, and died c 1860 in Giles Co., TN. He married LUCINDA HICKMAN. She was born 1812 in Giles Co., TN, and died c 1885 in Giles Co., TN.
Children of WILLIAM ROSE and LUCINDA HICKMAN are:
i. AVA D.3 ROSE, b. 1832.
5. ii. JOHN HICKMAN ROSE, b. Oct 16, 1835, Giles Co., TN; d. Feb 20, 1921, Seven Shooter, Garvin Co., OK.
iii. WILLIAM C. ROSE, b. 1837.
iv. NANCY E. ROSE, b. 1839.
v. ANDREW N. ROSE, b. 1842.
vi. SUSANNA ROSE, b. 1844.
vii. MARY N. ROSE, b. 1848.
viii. THOMAS D. ROSE, b. 1851.
3.BENJAMIN BOONE2 ROSE (FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born 1806. He married TURNBOW 1829. She was born 1812.
Children of BENJAMIN ROSE and TURNBOW are:
i. GRACE3 ROSE, b. 1836.
6. ii. CHESLEY HICKLAND ROSE, b. 1840.
7. iii. GRANVILLE COMMODORE ROSE, b. Apr 10, 1839, Giles Co., TN.
4.SABRA2 ROSE (FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born Aug 9, 1809 in TN, and died Jan 7, 1889 in Erath Co., TX. She married CHESLEY TURNBOW, son of ANDREW TURNBOW and GRACE COFFEE. He was born Sep 29, 1805 in Adair Co., KY.
More About SABRA ROSE:
Burial: 11 children
Children of SABRA ROSE and CHESLEY TURNBOW are:
8. i. MARY EMINELL3 TURNBOW, b. Feb 5, 1844, Pope Co., AR.
ii. REBECCA CAROLINE TURNBOW, b. Jul 7, 1828.
9. iii. SARAH TURNBOW, b. 1842.
Generation No. 3
5. JOHN HICKMAN3 ROSE (WILLIAM W.2, FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born Oct 16, 1835 in Giles Co., TN, and died Feb 20, 1921 in Seven Shooter, Garvin Co., OK. He married (1) NANCY BELL Jan 31, 1867 in Erath Co., TX. He married (2) SARAH JAYNE KIRK Oct 30, 1880 in Webster Co., MO. She was born Jul 7, 1853 in Webster Co., MO.
Children of JOHN ROSE and NANCY BELL are:
i. DELANEY4 ROSE, b. Feb 15, 1870.
ii. WILLIAM FRANKLIN ROSE, b. Jun 12, 1875.
Children of JOHN ROSE and SARAH KIRK are:
iii. LUTHER ISAIAH4 ROSE, b. Aug 11, 1881, Erath Co., TX; d. Sep 17, 1973, Pauls Valley, OK; m. (1) LULA PIERCE; m. (2) MARGARET HELMS.
iv. EDWARD D. ROSE, b. Jul 25, 1883.
v. THOMAS ROSE, b. Aug 24, 1885.
vi. ANDREW JACKSON ROSE, b. Sep 13, 1887.
vii. CHARLES LEMRUD ROSE, b. Jan 21, 1890.
viii. JOHN HENRY ROSE, b. Nov 12, 1891.
ix. GEORGE ROSE, b. May 24, 1895.
6.CHESLEY HICKLAND3 ROSE (BENJAMIN BOONE2, FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born 1840. He married SARAH TURNBOW, daughter of CHESLEY TURNBOW and SABRA ROSE. She was born 1842.
Children of CHESLEY ROSE and SARAH TURNBOW are:
10. i. WILLIAM FRANKLIN4 ROSE, b. 1867, Erath Co., TX.
ii. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN ROSE, b. 1869.
iii. SCOTT ROSE, b. 1873.
iv. MARGARET JOSEPHINE 'JOSIE' ROSE, b. Mar 17, 1877.
7.GRANVILLE COMMODORE3 ROSE (BENJAMIN BOONE2, FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born Apr 10, 1839 in Giles Co., TN. He married MARY EMINELL TURNBOW Dec 27, 1859 in Erath Co., TX, daughter of CHESLEY TURNBOW and SABRA ROSE. She was born Feb 5, 1844 in Pope Co., AR.
Children of GRANVILLE ROSE and MARY TURNBOW are:
i. ALBERT BROWN4 ROSE, b. Oct 3, 1861, Erath Co., TX.
ii. ROBERT MONROE ROSE, b. Nov 15, 1863, Erath Co., TX.
iii. JOHN RUFUS ROSE, b. Feb 29, 1868, Erath Co., TX.
iv. JAMES THOMAS ROSE, b. Mar 17, 1870, Erath Co., TX.
v. WILLIAM FRANKLIN ROSE, b. Nov 23, 1872, Erath Co., TX.
vi. EZRA ALEXANDER ROSE, b. Feb 26, 1874, Erath Co., TX.
vii. WALTER CORNELIUS ROSE, b. May 1, 1877, Erath Co., TX.
viii. IRVIN FOSTER 'DOC' ROSE, b. Apr 10, 1881.
ix. SARAH ELIZABETH ROSE, b. Oct 3, 1883, Erath Co., TX.
x. BENJAMIN E. ROSE, b. Oct 22, 1865.
xi. HENRY LEE ROSE, b. Dec 3, 1879, Erath Co., TX.
8.MARY EMINELL3 TURNBOW (SABRA2 ROSE, FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born Feb 5, 1844 in Pope Co., AR. She married GRANVILLE COMMODORE ROSE Dec 27, 1859 in Erath Co., TX, son of BENJAMIN ROSE and TURNBOW. He was born Apr 10, 1839 in Giles Co., TN.
Children are listed above under (7) Granville Commodore Rose.
9. SARAH3 TURNBOW (SABRA2 ROSE, FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born 1842. She married CHESLEY HICKLAND ROSE, son of BENJAMIN ROSE and TURNBOW. He was born 1840.
Children are listed above under (6) Chesley Hickland Rose.
Generation No. 4
10. WILLIAM FRANKLIN4 ROSE (CHESLEY HICKLAND3, BENJAMIN BOONE2, FRANCIS MARCUS1) was born 1867 in Erath Co., TX.
Child of WILLIAM FRANKLIN ROSE is:
i. WILLIE DORSEY5 ROSE.
Descendants of William Rose 1840
Generation No. 1
1. WILLIAM1 ROSE was born c 1840 in NC? or TN, and died Bef. 1899 in AR. He married ELSIE c 1861. She died Aft. 1899 in AR.
Child of WILLIAM ROSE and ELSIE is:
2. i. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS2 ROSE, b. Mar 5, 1862, Fayetteville, AR; d. Nov 9, 1956, Atoka, OK.
Generation No. 2
2. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS2 ROSE (WILLIAM1) was born Mar 5, 1862 in Fayetteville, AR, and died Nov 9, 1956 in Atoka, OK. He married NETTIE ANGALINE MONDS c 1889 in Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK, daughter of SAM MONDS and MARY JAMES. She was born Apr 12, 1872 in Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK, and died Apr 18, 1928 in Atoka, OK.
Notes for CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS ROSE:
He was Called C. C. most of his life. later in life would run around with his pistol and threaten people if they made him angry.
Christopher's parents in the Dawes Roll application. The Dawes No. is i.W413 Field#4343. Christopher and Nettie were married in 1889 under Choctaw Law. They had previously married under the United States Law (about 6-8 months before). When questioned by the commisioners for the Dawes Roll, he said, "I didn't have money to buy a Choctaw license or I would have bought them the first time." He had previously stated that he bought his license to marry Nettie from a Choctaw judge and when questioned about what he'd paid for it, he said, "$100". He had lived in the Choctaw Nation for 23 years prior to 1899. Nettie's Dawes Roll Number is 12143 and her census number is 4343.
My sister is Marge Moore and she and her few remaining-in-laws and her sons will be very happy to have the informatioin you have sent.
on the 1900 census states that C.C. was born in Mar. 1894.
Christopher Columbus Rose
From "Tales of Atoka County Heritage"
Article written by Gwen Walker
Christopher Columbus Rose, affectionately known as "C.C.," "Dad," or "Pappy" Rose, was born near Fayetteville, Arkansas, March 5, 1862.
His father, a Union soldier, died of typhoid fever during a forced march from Fayetteville to Shreveport, Louisiana, during the Civil War. The exact place he died and the location of his burial were never determined.
In 1871, his mother, who never remarried, moved to Boggy Depot, with her daughter, son and two step-daughters.
When he was of age, C.C. was appointed a Light Horseman by Governor Green McCurtain, Chief of the Choctaw Nation. This was an organization which kept law and order among the Indians. About 1888, governor McCurtain appointed him U.S. Marshall for the Indians. During his twenty-year career as a lawman, C.C. was forced to engage in a number of gun battles and had three horses shot out from under him, but managed to escape without a wound.
About 1886, he was married to Miss. Nettie Angeline Mounds. Because his wife was of Indian descent, they married in the Territory, under tribal law, then moved to Texas, where they were married again under Texas laws.
Following their marriage, the Roses engaged in farming near Atoka and, for a short time, in Texas. They achieved substantial success in this connection, and when they returned to Oklahoma, they bought a farm northwest of Atoka. On this place, presently owned by Mike Thomas, are four headstones depicting much sadness and heartbreak for the Roses between the years of 1893 and 1909. One son, Cecil R., and three daughters, Julia, Sarena, and Gladys Lucile, all died about the age of one and one-half years. Another child died at birth in 1912, and is buried next to Mr. and Mrs. Rose.
Six sons and one daughter survived, however, and it was these children who determined Mr. Rose's interest in education.
Although his own education was limited by circumstances, he always believed in education and saw that his children had the best possible opportunities. It was through the efforts of Mr. Rose, Tom Danenhour, and Tom Ball that Balls Chapel Subscription School, one of the first rural schools in Atoka County, was established.
About 1909, the family moved to Atoka to give the children better educational opportunities. They did not disappoint him. Charles attended the University of Louisville Medical School and became a physician. Otto attended O.U. School of Pharmacy. Bob attended Northwestern Oklahoma University and became a teacher. Ernest attended Tulsa University. Preston attended Phillips University and became a law enforcement officer. Their daughter, Della, who married Ed Long, died in the flu epidemic in 1918.
In addition to their own children, Mr. and Mrs. Rose raised four orphaned children of S. P. and Eliza Cruse, both of whom died in January, 1897. One of these children was Mrs. Ida Downing, the mother of Victor Downing who, with his family, still lives in the Downing family home in Atoka.
When the Roses moved to Atoka, they built a beautiful two-story home on the corner of what is now South Montana and West Ninth Streets. Mr. Rose owned the entire city block. In March, 1951, the Rose family sold this city block to the Atoka City School District for the erection of Thunderbird Elementary School, with the stipulation that he would occupy his home for the remainder of his life.
When Mr. Rose died, November 9, 1956, he was ninety-four years old, but his interest in politics, the Democratic Party, and Masonry never diminished. He used the Masonic Monitor, authorized by Rev. J. S. Murrow, to lecture and teach Masonic rituals to various lodges and individuals, as long as his health permitted. His religious choice was Baptist, and during his lifetime, he helped to establish several rural Baptist churches over the County.
He and his wife, who died April 18, 1928, were buried in the West View Cemetery, in Atoka.
More About CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS ROSE:
Burial: Old Atoka Cem.
Occupation: U.S. Marshall Indian Territory
Notes for NETTIE ANGALINE MONDS:
This is from Lary Hart in Eagle River Alaska.
Nettie is my G-Aunt. I know nothing about her other than she was of 17 children of which only 3 lived to adulthood. They are Richard (1871-1956), Mildre (1872 to 1948) and Nettie Monds (1877 to ???? Help). There were 5 sets of twins and they all died very young if not in childbirth. It is believed by my aunt that RH blood factor was the cause. Their mother Mary Jane James was a Choctaw from Mississippi. She was enrolled in the choctaw Nation after she died. I don't know when she died, but she is buried in the Ward Cemetery near Clayton, OK. Their father Sam Monds boarded them out to the Jones Academy in Hugo, OK. Richard left the orphanage at 18 and came back and got the girls at a later time. We have written the Academy but to date have not heard anything. Sam is buried near Centrahoma, OK. Is there any pictures available of Nettie. I have one of Richard and Mildred when they were quite old. Will share what I have gladly. Thanks Larry Hart Eale River Alaska.
More About NETTIE ANGALINE MONDS:
Burial: 1/2 Choctaw Indian; Old Atoka Cem.
Children of CHRISTOPHER ROSE and NETTIE MONDS are:
i. CECIL R.3 ROSE.
ii. JULIA ROSE.
iii. SARENA ROSE.
iv. GLADYS LUCILE ROSE.
v. CHARLES C. ROSE, b. c 1889, Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK.
vi. DELLA ROSE, b. c 1890, Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK; d. 1918, Flu epidemic; m. ED LONG.
vii. PRESTON ROSE, b. c 1891, Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK.
More About PRESTON ROSE:
Burial: Policeman in Norman, OK c1950
3. viii. OTTO C. ROSE, b. Dec 8, 1894, Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK; d. Nov 1963.
ix. OSCEOLA ROSE, b. c 1895, Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK.
x. ROBERT F. ROSE, b. Mar 3, 1899, Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK.
Notes for ROBERT F. ROSE:
Bob attended Northwestern Oklahoma University and became a teacher.
4. xi. EARNEST (TINY) R. ROSE, b. May 6, 1902, Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK; d. Mar 24, 1950, Okla. City, OK.
Generation No. 3
3. OTTO C.3 ROSE (CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS2, WILLIAM1) was born Dec 8, 1894 in Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK, and died Nov 1963. He married LUCILLE.
More About OTTO C. ROSE:
Burial: lived in Texas at death
Education: O.U. School of Pharmacy
Occupation: Insurance Agent
Children of OTTO ROSE and LUCILLE are:
i. OTTO C.4 ROSE, JR., b. Aug 9, 1924; d. Apr 1981, Okla City, OK.
ii. DAUGHTER ROSE, b. c 1926.
4.EARNEST (TINY) R.3 ROSE (CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS2, WILLIAM1) was born May 6, 1902 in Atoka Co., Indian Territory, OK, and died Mar 24, 1950 in Okla. City, OK. He married (1) FLORA FULFER, daughter of MONROE NELSON and NANCE. She was born c 1903 in Blanchard, OK. He married (2) JOE ELIZABETH (LIZY MARANDA) MILLER,* Jan 11, 1945 in El Reno OK, daughter of WILLIAM MILLER and MAGGIE ROSE. She was born Jan 14, 1910 in Glenrose, TX, and died Nov 18, 1998 in Colonial Park Nursing Home, McAlester, OK.
Notes for EARNEST (TINY) R. ROSE:
He was part Choctaw Indian.
Charles and Charlie boy would play pranks on him [like tie his big toe to the bed post and then tickle him and run]. He would give them a lecture that would stand their hair on end. He was good at that.
Ernest attended Tulsa University. Although, he ran a milk truck while married to Joe. He would take Charlie boy and Charles his step-son out with him on the milk run.
More About EARNEST (TINY) R. ROSE:
Burial: 1/4 Choctaw Indian; Sunnylane Cem Okla City, OK
Cause of Death: heart Attack
Medical Information: it was quick he was standing at the back of his milk truck
Social Security Number: 442-16-3861
More About FLORA FULFER:
Burial: Cheynne Indian
Notes for JOE ELIZABETH (LIZY MARANDA) MILLER,*:
She has gone by the name of Joe all her adult life.
She was nicknamed "Josephine Lizy Maranda fiddlesticks" by her father. One year at a reunion they gave her a T-shirt that read the 'longest name in the family' and had her nickname on it.
She loved to garden, crochet and cook. She was a fountain manager while raising her boys. Cliff left home at the age of 13.
When she was pregnant with Charles, the doctor's thought she had a tumor and they went in to take it out and found she was with child. Sewed her back up and waited for Charles to be born.
When she and Grady were first married they lived in a tent for about a year. Grady was cutting timber and Joe was watching him playing with a vine and later had poison ivy all over her from playing with that vine.
More About JOE ELIZABETH (LIZY MARANDA) MILLER,*:
Burial: Nov 24, 1998, Sunnylane cem. OK.City, OK
Occupation: retired Veazy's & Baker's fountain manager
Social Security Number: 459-28-3424
Children of EARNEST ROSE and FLORA FULFER are:
i. DOROTHY4 ROSE, b. c 1933; m. HEBERT LEDFORD; d. Died in CA.
More About DOROTHY ROSE:
Burial: lives in Waco, TX at present
5. ii. CHARLES HERMAN ROSE, b. Nov 24, 1935, Oklahoma City, OK.; d. Aug 4, 2000, Mart, TX.
Generation No. 4
5. CHARLES HERMAN4 ROSE (EARNEST (TINY) R.3, CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS2, WILLIAM1) was born Nov 24, 1935 in Oklahoma City, OK., and died Aug 4, 2000 in Mart, TX. He married ALICE RINDERKNECHT, daughter of LYMON RINDERKNECHT and MARIE GRABS. She was born Jan 30, 1937 in Taylor, TX.
More About CHARLES HERMAN ROSE:
Burial: Aug 8, 2000, Sunnylane cem, Ok Cty, Ok. 1/16 Choctaw Indian
More About ALICE RINDERKNECHT:
Children of CHARLES ROSE and ALICE RINDERKNECHT are:
6. i. DEBBIE5 ROSE, b. Aug 11, 1959, Portales, NM.
7. ii. DALE ROSE, b. Sep 13, 1960, Portales, NM.
Generation No. 5
6. DEBBIE5 ROSE (CHARLES HERMAN4, EARNEST (TINY) R.3, CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS2, WILLIAM1) was born Aug 11, 1959 in Portales, NM. She married (1) DAVID MORRIS CUNNINGHAM. She married (2) STEVE AULIN Mar 25, 1986 in Mart, TX 1st Baptist church. He was born Aug 14, 1957 in Oveita, FL.
Children of DEBBIE ROSE and DAVID CUNNINGHAM are:
i. SCOTT BRADLEY6 CUNNINGHAM, m. AMANDA HORN.
ii. DAVID CHARLES CUNNINGHAM, m. RAMONA SPRASS.
iii. KIRK BRANDON CUNNINGHAM, b. 1982.
7.DALE5 ROSE (CHARLES HERMAN4, EARNEST (TINY) R.3, CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS2, WILLIAM1) was born Sep 13, 1960 in Portales, NM. He married CINDY REINKE, daughter of VICTOR REINKE.
Children of DALE ROSE and CINDY REINKE are:
i. JASON6 ROSE.
ii. DUSTIN ROSE.
iii. KEVIN MICHAEL ROSE.
Descendants of Thomas
1. THOMAS1 ROSE was born 1760, and died 1839 in Vanderburg Co., IN. He married POLLY BROWN. She was born 1760.
Child of THOMAS ROSE and POLLY BROWN is:
2. i. RANDOLPH2 ROSE, b. Nov 8, 1786, NC; d. Sep 15, 1861, Littleton, Schuyler co., IL.
Generation No. 2
2. RANDOLPH2 ROSE (THOMAS1) was born Nov 8, 1786 in NC, and died Sep 15, 1861 in Littleton, Schuyler co., IL. He married (1) SARAH TULLIS in Schuyler co., IL. She was born Feb 24, 1796 in Breckenridge co., KY. He married (2) REBECCA BOZARTH Sep 24, 1808 in Ohio Co., KY, daughter of JOSEPH BOZARTH and ELIZABETH. She was born c 1784 in Mohongalia Co., VA, and died c 1830 in Schuyler co., IL.
Children of RANDOLPH ROSE and SARAH TULLIS are:
i. SARAH JOSEPHINE3 ROSE, b. Jun 29, 1833.
ii. BENJAMIN F. ROSE, b. Feb 1835.
iii. THOMAS J. ROSE, b. Apr 16, 1836.
Children of RANDOLPH ROSE and REBECCA BOZARTH are:
iv. BARBARY3 ROSE.
v. EDITH 'EDY' ROSE.
vi. SARAH 'SALLY' ROSE, b. Apr 16, 1816.
vii. REBECCA JANE ROSE, b. c 1815.
3. viii. COMMODORE STEPHEN DECATUR ROSE, b. Aug 12, 1818, Graves Co., KY; d. Jan 11, 1899, Roseburg, Douglas Co., OR.
ix. JOHN DALIS ROSE, b. Dec 18, 1820.
4. x. WILLIAM BOZIER ROSE, b. Feb 18, 1823, Grayson springs, KY; d. Dec 26, 1902, St. Louis, MO.
Generation No. 3
3. COMMODORE STEPHEN DECATUR3 ROSE (RANDOLPH2, THOMAS1) was born Aug 12, 1818 in Graves Co., KY, and died Jan 11, 1899 in Roseburg, Douglas Co., OR. He married ELIZABETH ANN PECKENPAUGH Mar 7, 1839 in Rushville, Schuyler Co., IL, daughter of HENRY PECKENPAUGH and REBECCA ARMS. She was born Jan 2, 1821 in Breckenridge Co., KY, and died Nov 19, 1847 in Mouth of Sandy River (now Troutdale), OR.
More About COMMODORE STEPHEN DECATUR ROSE:
Burial: M. Douglas Co., OR
Children of COMMODORE ROSE and ELIZABETH PECKENPAUGH are:
5. i. RANDOLPH THOMAS4 ROSE, b. Jan 26, 1840, Schuyler co., IL; d. Mar 22, 1931, Roseburg, Douglas Co., OR.
6. ii. SARAH JANE ROSE, b. Nov 9, 1841, Schuyler co., IL; d. Nov 18, 1911, Marion Co., OR.
iii. MARY EMMELINE ROSE, b. Nov 20, 1845, Schuyler co., IL; d. 1939, Canyonville, OR; m. (1) HALLADAY; m. (2) JOHN JACKSON.
iv. LOIZA KATHERINE ROSE, b. c 1846, Schuyler co., IL; d. Oct 25, 1847, The Dalles, Wasco Co., OR.
4.WILLIAM BOZIER3 ROSE (RANDOLPH2, THOMAS1) was born Feb 18, 1823 in Grayson springs, KY, and died Dec 26, 1902 in St. Louis, MO. He married MARTHA ANN ELLIS HARMON. She was born Jan 5, 1827 in Kenton Co., KY.
Child of WILLIAM ROSE and MARTHA HARMON is:
i. BRUSE ELLIS4 ROSE, b. Mar 29, 1881, Rushville, IL; d. Mar 26, 1967, Yakima, WA; m. ADA HARRIS, Mar 29, 1908, Hansen, ID; b. Apr 30, 1887, Broken Bow, NE.
Generation No. 4
5. RANDOLPH THOMAS4 ROSE (COMMODORE STEPHEN DECATUR3, RANDOLPH2, THOMAS1) was born Jan 26, 1840 in Schuyler co., IL, and died Mar 22, 1931 in Roseburg, Douglas Co., OR. He married RACHEL BEAVER Nov 22, 1860 in Canyonville, Douglas Co., OR, daughter of PETER BEAVER and SUSANNAH HODGSON. She was born Nov 26, 1840 in Jefferson Co., IA.
Child of RANDOLPH ROSE and RACHEL BEAVER is:
7. i. JAMES FRANKLIN5 ROSE, b. Nov 10, 1864, Douglas Co., OR; d. Aug 22, 1946, Roseburg, Douglas Co., OR.
6.SARAH JANE4 ROSE (COMMODORE STEPHEN DECATUR3, RANDOLPH2, THOMAS1) was born Nov 9, 1841 in Schuyler co., IL, and died Nov 18, 1911 in Marion Co., OR. She married SILAS GEORGE PUGH Nov 7, 1858 in Marion Co., OR, son of WILLIAM PUGH and JEANETTE DONALDSON. He was born Feb 1830 in Sullivan, IN, and died May 18, 1909 in Marion Co., OR.
Notes for SILAS GEORGE PUGH:
Death date and place from Oregon Death Index
1900 North Salem Pct, Marion Co OR Soundex & Census Schedule:
Sarah J. b. Nov 1841 OR, age 58; son George L. b. Nov 1879 age 20 b. OR; also
enumerated was Mary E. Jackson sister-in-law b. Nov 1845 in IL;
1880 North Salem Pct, Marion Co,OR Census, Sheet 18, Line 28: Siles G. Pugh
age 50,b. Indiana; Wife Sarah J. age 38 b. IL
Chapter VI. Indian Wars and Opening of Country to Settlement.
Quoted from the History of the Pacific Northwest published by North Pacific Publishing Company of Portland, OR in 1889:
Lyman's History of Old Walla Walla County Embracing Walla Walla, Columbia, Garfield and Asotin Counties by W.D. Lyman, M.A., Lit.D. Volume 1, 1918.
Silas G. Pugh
Child of SARAH ROSE and SILAS PUGH is:
i. GEORGE L.5 PUGH, b. Nov 1879, OR.
Generation No. 5
7. JAMES FRANKLIN5 ROSE (RANDOLPH THOMAS4, COMMODORE STEPHEN DECATUR3, RANDOLPH2, THOMAS1) was born Nov 10, 1864 in Douglas Co., OR, and died Aug 22, 1946 in Roseburg, Douglas Co., OR. He married ROSA BARKER Nov 6, 1892 in Roseburg, Douglas Co., OR. She was born Feb 23, 1873 in Ft. Scott, Bourbon Co., KS.
Child of JAMES ROSE and ROSA BARKER is:
i. SAUL THOMAS6 ROSE, b. Aug 16, 1898, Roseburg, Douglas Co., OR; d. Sep 10, 1983, Springield, Lane Co., OR; m. UNKNOWN, Sep 18, 1922, Eugene, Lane Co., OR.
Descendants of Robert Rose, Rev.
Generation No. 1
1. ROBERT1 ROSE, REV. was born 1705 in Richmond, Va. He married ANNE FITZHUGH. She was born 1705.
Children of ROBERT ROSE and ANNE FITZHUGH are:
2. i. HUGH2 ROSE, COL., b. Sep 18, 1743, Amherst, VA; d. Aft. 1765.
ii. ROBERT ROSE, b. 1738.
iii. JOHN ROSE, b. 1739.
iv. PATRICK ROSE, CO..
Generation No. 2
2. HUGH2 ROSE, COL. (ROBERT1) was born Sep 18, 1743 in Amherst, VA, and died Aft. 1765. He married CAROLINE MATILDE JORDON. She was born 1745.
Children of HUGH ROSE and CAROLINE JORDON are:
3. i. ROBERT HENRY3 ROSE, b. 1774.
4. ii. JUDITH SCOTT ROSE, b. 1775.
iii. ANNA FITZHUGH ROSE.
iv. CAROLINE MATILDA ROSE.
v. HUGH ROSE.
vi. SUSANNA ROSE.
vii. SAMUEL ROSE.
viii. LUCINDA ROSE.
ix. PAULINE ROSE.
x. EMILY ROSE.
5. xi. GUSTAVUS ADOLPHUS ROSE, DR., b. 1810.
Generation No. 3
3. ROBERT HENRY3 ROSE (HUGH2, ROBERT1) was born 1774. He married FRANCES TAYLOR MADISON 1801, daughter of JAMES MADISON and ELEANOR CONWAY. She was born Oct 4, 1774 in Montpelier, Orange co., VA.
Children of ROBERT ROSE and FRANCES MADISON are:
i. AMBROSE JAMES4 ROSE.
ii. HUGH FRANCIS ROSE.
iii. JAMES MADISON ROSE.
iv. HENRY ROSE.
v. SAMUEL JORDAN ROSE.
vi. ERASMUS TAYLOR ROSE.
vii. NELLY CONWAY ROSE.
viii. ANN FITZHUGH ROSE.
4.JUDITH SCOTT3 ROSE (HUGH2, ROBERT1) was born 1775. She married LANDON CABELL. He was born 1770.
Child of JUDITH ROSE and LANDON CABELL is:
i. ELIZABETH CABELL4 CABELL.
5.GUSTAVUS ADOLPHUS3 ROSE, DR. (HUGH2, ROBERT1) was born 1810. He married ANNE SHEPHARD GARLAND. She was born 1810.
Child of GUSTAVUS ROSE and ANNE GARLAND is:
i. JUDITH CAABELL4 ROSE.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids