Margaret McCorkle's ROSE FAMILY
Submitted by Margaret
McCorkle Spokane, WA
Matilda Ann Rose:
Born August 12,1823 Sevier CO. TN. in the United States
Matilda Ann Rose
(Genealogy and History)
Matilda Ann Rose: Born August 12,1823 Sevier CO. TN.
Died August 02, 1879 Carrollton, AR.
Buried in Carrollton Cemetery, Carrollton, Carroll CO. AR.
( Beside her husband A.B. Maples)
Parents of Matilda : Father: unknown Rose, died bef. 1847
Mother: Didama Rose b. 1791-1793 SC. d. 1860-70 Benton CO. AR.
Children of Didama and unknown Mr. Rose
( NOTES: The relationship of all of the above has not
be proven, But the family was known to be in Mo. prior to their move to
AR. (this is also not proven) There are a number of Rose Families in or
around Putnam CO. MO. at about the same time. If I had a fatherís name
would be great. There may have been another older br. John Rose, but
again this has not been proven)
- Matilda Ann Rose (b. 8-12-1823 d.
- William Rose (b. 1822-27? Died in
Mexican War 1847 )
- Lorenzo Dow Rose (b. abt. 1830 d. aft.
1880) m. Nancy Dearmer
- Sam H. Rose ( b. 1839 -? )
Census: 1850 Polk CO. TN. Lorenzo Dow Rose 20 M. and
Nancy Ann 22 F.
(next to above) Didama Rose 59 F and Sam H. Rose 11 M.
1860 Benton Co.,AR. Dow Rose 32 M.
Nancy Rose 35 F.
John Rose 6 M.
David Rose 4 M.
Margaret Rose 2 F.
Pindoma? ( Didama) Rose 67 F.
1880 Crawford CO. AR. L.D. Rose 50 M. TN. SC. SC.
Nancy A. 53 F. TN. SC.
Charles 19 M. TN. TN. TN.
Lee 16 M. " " " " " " " "
Samuel 12 M. "" "" "" ""
Matilda Ann Rose Married Americus Bonaparte Maples:
Americus Bonaparte Maples
b. March 3, 1818 in Sevier CO. TN.
d. June 30, 1877 Carroll CO. AR.
Father: Jesse Maples 1786 Pitts. CO. VA. Mother: Jemimah unknown
( Maples family line can be traced to Peter Maples 1630's came from France)
Children of Matilda and Americus Maples:
- Elizabeth Maples (b.1840 Sevier, TN.)
- Preston Alexander Maples (b.1844 Sevier, TN.)
- Daniel Perry Maples (b. 1846 Sevier, TN.)
- Martha Louise Maples (b. 1847 Carroll CO. AR.)
- Stephen Taylor Maples ( 1-10-1849 Carroll
- Margaret J. Maples (b. 1856 Carroll CO., AR.)
- Marion D. Maples (b.1857 Carroll CO.,AR.)
- Sarah Malinda Maples (b. 5-7-1860 Carroll
- Netty D. Maples (b. 1-27-1862 Carroll CO. AR.)
- William A. Maples (b. 1-7-1865 Carroll CO.,AR)
- Ann Maples (?)
- Katherine Maples
- Lisa or Betsy Maples ( ? Elizabeth)
Sarah Malinda Maples married Seamon B. Richardson b. 1-29-1858
AR. d. 2-7-1943 AR.
Their 4 (known) children are:
1. Garland Blaine Richardson b.9-8-1888 d. 1-20-1957
2. Joe Richardson b. 4-19-1891 d. 9-4-1910
3. Willie Steve Richardson 5-19-1895 d. 6-29-1979
4. Clarence Dewey Richardson 4-2-1898 d. 10-19-1971
(All the above Richardson persons are buried in Alpena Cemetery, Alpena, AR.)
Garland Blaine Richardson: married Evaline Mary Ewing (b. 7-26-1895 MO. d. 1957
(The Ewing family can be traced to James Ewing abt. 1730 Pocahontas CO. VA. and
his son William "Swago Bill" Ewing)
The only child of Garland and Evaline Mary Ewing, Richardson:
1. Fred Richardson (b. 7-18-1916 Alpena,AR. d. 8-4-1972 Spokane, WA.
For further information contact: