A BREIF HISTORY ABOUT THE TOWNS ON THE
Can you add to this information? Please contribute.
A cattle station prior to 1860 (Kiandra Gold Rush),
1860 Joe Chalker opened the travelers Rest hotel
1861 the store was built by Michael Stokes in the same year he sold it to GY
Mould and then became the Postmaster.
1861 Austin's Hotel was built
1861 The first land sale was held.
1864 Police station built
1885 Proclaimed the town of Seymour
1886 Proclaimed the town of Adaminaby
the town grew around the homestead store of William Oliver, the cottage was
used as a wayside inn.
1869 Post office established with Thomas lynch in charge
1870 Oliver built a two story granite store and the original store became
the Berridale Inn
1890 Telegraph office opened
BUNYAN (REID'S FLAT)
1832 the Inn keeper was William Stanton
1838 Abraham Moses set up the Maneroo stores
1841 The Squatters arms was built
1860 John Cullen was appointed Postmaster.
1889 Railway line opened to Bunyan.
COOMA (KUMA) I donít have
1836 Only a stone hut belonging to Cooper and Levy
1847; The Court of Petty Sessions was established.
1849; The survey of the town was completed
DALGETY (BUCKLEY'S CROSSING)
1859 Population was about 59
1860 Post Office established, Mary Barnes in charge.
1860 Richard Barnes operated the punt.
1847 Flour mill was being operated by William Jardine.
1861 Hotel and store was built by Charles Solomon
1862 Post office was established with Phillip Adams in charge
1862 Police station established
Dr Gibson had cattle at Kiandra in 1839, they perished.
1859 Pollock brothers discovered gold.
1860-61 Gold Rush.
1885 Proclaimed a town.
1838 Union Hotel established at Keefe's Plains
1859 Police station established
1860 Post office was opened by Robert Cameron
NIMMITABEL (NIMITY BELLE)
About 1840 the locals started calling the village Nimoitebool
1845 On Townsends map as Nimmitabel
1858 Church was built
1857 Renewal of license for hotel
1858 Post Office
1861 Bell's Store
1863 Separate Courthouse built.
1865 Geldmacher builds windmill.
1866 Cameron's Store
1863 Post office established
1848 There was an Inn established here prior to this date.
Discovered in June 1823 by Captain Currie, but not explored or surveyed.
The district was settled as far south as Gegedzerick (Berridale) by 1827,