of the St John the Baptist Parish 1830 US Census was originally done
personal use and may contain errors. Some entries were difficult
or impossible to read. This listing should be considered as a guide for
further research in the microfilm.
does not indicate specific locations in the parish. However, Part
1 seems to begin on the West Bank of the river at the St Charles Parish
line and proceeds upriver to the St James Parish line. A known
near the approximate center of the parish would be the church of St
the Baptist identified as the "MINA, Mr. L'abbe" entry as he is the
priest stationed at the church in what is now the town of Edgard.
The last entry on the West Bank is not clear but would be somewhere
before the George Wimprenne family at the end of Part 1 as Wimprenne's
farm was on the East Bank at the lower end of the parish approaching St
Charles Parish. Part 2 continues upriver on the East Bank to the
St James Parish line.