Bad Laasphe was the home of the Höltzermann family for many
generations. The name was spelled in various ways: Höltzermann,
Hölstermann, Hültzermann. Documents show that Johann Peter
Höltzermann owned zum Roten Ochsen in 1726. Other ancestors
worked as shoemakers, tailors, soldiers, and inn keepers.
The family came to the US in September 1866.
Return to Photo Index
© 2002 MJH