Back to Our Family
CARL FR. KRUENEGEL
DOROTHEA MARIE SASSE
Carl and Dorothea Kruenegal were married in Prussia, and immigrated in 1864 with their four children, including a set of triplet girls. Unfortunately one of the girls died during the voyage and was buried at sea. The family went first to Dodge County, Wisconsin, and lived there for about four years. They moved to Illinois in 1868, and farmed in Wilberton Township, Fayette County.
Carl Kruenegal's father Daniel Kruenegel also immigrated to the US, on the Borussia in October 1868. He was on the same ship with Michael Sasse and Henrietta Oertwig. (Michael Sasse's sister was married to Daniel's son.)
Daniel was born 3 August 1801, died 1 Aug 1874, buried at St. Paul, Fayette County, Illinois.
Carl Frederick Kruenegel, son of Daniel Kruenegel
- born 01 Jun 1831 in Brandenburg, Prussia
- died 12 Apr 1914 in Fayette County, Illinois, buried at Augsburg, Fayette County, Illinois
- married 1852 in Stettin, Germany, to
Dorothea Marie Sasse, daughter of Friedrich Sasse and Dorothea L. Oertwig
- born 22 Apr 1832 in Nahausen, Brandenburg, Prussia
- died 24 Jan 1892 in Fayette County, Illinois; buried at St. Paul, Fayette, Illinois
CHILDREN of Carl Kruenegel and Dorothea M Sasse
- Maria Kruenegel, born 05 Feb 1860 in Brandenburg, Prussia,
- died 16 Sep 1883, buried at St. Paul, Fayette county, Illinois
- married 30 Oct 1879, in Fayette County, Illinois, to
Franz (Frank) Louis Zeuschner, son of Louis Zeuschner and Henrietta Wendt
- born Aug 1863 in Zaeckerick, Brandenburg, Prussia
After Maria's death, Frank Zeuschner married Mary Beyer, and had 2 more sons. Mary also died young, and by the time of the 1900 census, Frank had been widowed twice and had 3 sons under the age of 20. He was farming in Wilberton Twp., Fayette county then. In 1910, he was living in Hughes County, South Dakota, and by 1930 had moved to Pine Creek, Stillwater County, Montana. He died in Montana 03 October 1931
- William Zeuschner, born Apr 1883.
SON of Maria Kruenegel and Frank Zeuschner:
Sons of Frank Zeuschner and Mary Beyer
- William Richard Zeuschner, born April 1883 in Illinois
- lived in South Dakota and Montana
- died 21 Jan 1958 in Blaine County, Montana, while residing in Libery County, Montana
- married about 1918 to Nellie Gregory, born about 1891 in Wisconsin, died 05 Jun 1961 in Blaine County, Montana
Son of William Richard Zeuschner and Nellie Gregory:
- Richard William "Bill" Zeuschner, born 29 Dec 1927, Montana
- died 14 Sep 2004 in Walla Walla, Washington
- buried in Plevna, Fallon County, Montana, Plevna Community Cemetery
- married 08 Oct 1957 in Livingston, Montana, to
Iris Loretta Pfohl, born 20 Dec 1928, died 29 Feb 2000
Bill and Iris Zeuschner had one son and seven daughters.
- Charles Zeuschner, born January 1887 in Illinois
- lived in South Dakota and Montana
died 25 Aug 1946 in Montana
- Frederick Zeuschner, born 31 Jan 1890 in Illinois
- died May 1968 in Saint Petersburg, Pinellas county, Florida
- Louise Marie Kruenegel, born 08 Aug 1862 in Brandenburg, Prussia,
- died 01 May 1950, Fayette, County, Illinois
- married 7 April 1890, Fayette County, Illinois, as the second wife of
Fred Carl W Schaefer, born about 1858, Germany
- immigrated about 1860
- farmed in Lone Grove Township, Fayette County, Illinois.
SONS of Fred Schaefer by his first wife:
- Charles F. Schaefer, born October 1883, Illinois
- William H. Schaefer, born November 1886, Illinois
- born 27 Nov 1886, Illinois, died 17 Aug 1980
- married 16 November 1913, to
Josephine Caroline Maske, daughter of Gustav and Caroline (Ehlert) Maske
- born 28 Apr 1894, Illinois, died 6 July 1986, Fayette County, Illinois
William owned the Schaefer store near Augsburg for many years.
DAUGHTER of Fred Schaefer and Louise Kruenegel:
- Minnie L. Schaefer, born June 1887, Illinois, died 21 Jan 1976
- Augusta Marie Kruenegel,
- born 08 Aug 1862 in Brandenburg, Prussia
- married 15 Dec 1887, Fayette County, Illinois, to
Albert Gruenert, born September 1862 in Missouri
Lived in St. Louis, Missouri
- Walter Gruenert, born 10 Oct 1888, died Dec 1980
- married to Ida --- Children : Ruth and Dorothy
- Amanda Gruenert, born August 1893, Missouri
- Stella Gruenert, born February 1898, Missouri
- Daughter Kruenegel, born 08 Aug 1862, died 1864 at sea.
- Herman Frederick Kruenegel,
- born 05 Feb 1867 in Mayville, Dodge, Wisconsin
- died 02 Dec 1941.
- married 28 Nov 1895 in Fayette County, Illinois to
(1) Charlotte Laura Miller, born 04 Feb 1877, died 09 Jan 1896
- married 16 Sep 1897 in Fayette County, Illinois, to
(2) Emma L. Auerlich, born 09 Apr 1877 in Kolmar Province, Posen
- immigrated 1897, died 01 Sep 1972.
CHILDREN of Herman and Emma Kruenegel:
- Adelheid Anna Kruenegel, born 20 Apr 1898 in Illinois
- died 12 Sep 1927 in Foster Twp., Marion County, Illinois
- married 07 Jul 1918, Jacob Henry Goedel, born 10 Aug 1895, died 1967.
- Leona Louise Kruenegel, born 12 Jan 1900 in Illinois
- married Otto Christ John Torbeck, son of John Joachim Torbeck and Marie Amelia Rau
- born 21 Sep 1893, died 08 Aug 1971.
- Adeline Ernestine Alviena Kruenegel, born 30 Apr 1901 in Illinois
- died 27 Oct 2001
- married 14 Sep 1921, to Bernard Knight, born about 1901 in Illinois
- railroad fireman in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.
- Willis Knight, born 14 Sep 1921 in Illinois, died 18 Mar 1994.
- Walter Kruenegel, born 25 Dec 1902 in Illinois, died Jun 1976, census 1920 in Wilberton Twp., Fayette, Illinois.
- Andrew Fred Kruenegel, born 28 Aug 1905 in Illinois
- died Sep 1970 in Tulare, California
- married about 1929, Delsie Minnie Meseke, born 05 Apr 1910 in Illinois, died 26 Dec 1995
- Ervin Kruenegel, born 01 Mar 1911 in Illinois, died 26 May 1994
- John Frederick Kruenegel,
born 28 Mar 1869, died 05 Oct 1961.
- married Anna Michel
- Anna Marie Wilhelmine Kruenegel,
- born 10 Dec 1874 in Fayette County, Illinois, died 07 Mar 1946
- married 18 Apr 1892
Herman Charles Friedrich Wilhelm Meseke, son of Ernst A Meseke and Wilhelmina C Borchelt)
- born 24 Dec 1867 in Illinois, died 14 Jul 1926.
- Charles Ernst Meseke, born 23 Jan 1893, died 21 Oct 1974
- Alma Marie Minna Meseke, born 03 Jul 1894, died 30 Mar 1970
- Arthur Hermann Johnnes Meseke, born 14 Jun 1896, died 30 Mar 1970
- Edward August F. Meseke,
- born 12 Jan 1899 in Wilberton Twp., Fayette, Illinois
- occupation 1930 Farmer, Kaskaskia, Fayette, Illinois
- died 08 Jun 1965 in Fayette County, Illinois, buried at Augsburg, Fayette County, Illinois
- married 17 Apr 1921 at Augsburg, Fayette County, Illinois, to
Bertha Hermina Anna Sasse, daughter of Frank Sasse and Carolina Harmeier
- born 13 Dec 1897 in Fayette County, Illinois
- died 04 Feb 1978 in Centralia, Marion, Illinois
- buried at Augsburg, Fayette County, Illinois
Edward Meseke farmed in Kaskaskia, Fayette County, Illinois.
- Marvin Meseke, born 29 Mar 1922 in Fayette County, Illinois
- died 12 Aug 1980 in Fayette County, Illinois
- married 1942 to Rita J. Rohlfing, daughter of Albert Rohlfing and Irene Torbeck
- born 14 Sep 1924, died 08 Feb 1997.
Had lived at Clinton, DeWitt County, Iowa
Marvin and Rita Meseke had one son.
- James Meseke, born 21 Jul 1932, died 03 Sep 2004
- married Lucille Lydia Magnus, born 28 Nov 1932, died 16 Jan 2003
- resided at Shobonier, Fayette County, Illinois
- both are buried at Augsburg, Fayette County, Illinois. Had four children
- Gertrude Augusta Louise Meseke,
- born 10 Apr 1903, died 03 Dec 1970
- married 14 May 1924,
Edward William Wolff, son of Philip H Wolff and Ida C E Riechmann
- born 05 Nov 1897, died 20 Dec 1981 in Collinsville, Madison, Illinois.
- Eleanor A. Meseke, - born 17 Sep 1905
- died 02 Apr 1975, buried at Augsburg, Fayette County, Illinois
- married 17 Oct 1926 married to
Edwin Frederick Oertwig, son of Fred Oertwig and Anna E Meyer
- born 07 Sep 1900 in Illinois
- died 14 Sep 1977, buried in Fayette County, Illinois, Immanuel, Augsburg
See Edwin Oertwig
- Ida Louise Kruenegel,
- born 07 Jun 1874 in St. Paul, Fayette, Illinois
- died in Chesterfield, Missouri
- married 07 Dec 1893 in Fayette County, Illinois, to
Charles Christian Moeller,
- born Dec 1867 in St. Clair County, Illinois
- died May 1919, buried at Augsburg, Fayette County, Illinois
- Elsie Moeller, born Oct 1894
- Charles Heinrich Herman Moeller,
- born 21 Mar 1896, died 09 Dec 1941.
- married 20 Apr 1919 to
Ida Wilhelmina Anna Meseke, daughter of Heinrich Wilhelm Fr. Meseke and Rosette Maske
- born 27 Apr 1898, died 1967.
- Stella Marie Elizabeth Moeller married George VonBehren.
Stella and George had two sons
- Edna Pauline Anna Moeller, born 31 Jan 1900, died 14 Dec 1968.
- married married 01 June 1918, to
Edward William Louis Rebbe, son of Christian Rebbe and Wilhelmina Sachteleben
- born 02 Feb 1892, died 05 Jul 1933, buried in Augsburg, Fayette County, Illinois
- Cora Ida Rebbe, born 07 Mar 1922, died Mar 1994
- married married 08 Feb 1942 to
Edmund Albert William Torbeck, son of Henry Torbeck and Anna Maria Magdalene Yund
- born about 1922 in Illinois, died 12 Jul 1921
- Hilda Rebbe, born 21 May 1923, died 31 Jan 1993, married Mr. Gehle
- Carl Christ Rebbe, born 30 Aug 1924, died 31 Jan 1992
- Irene Rebbe, born 25 Mar 1926, died 20 Jul 1998
- Living Rebbe.
- Forrest Frederick Johannes Moeller,
- born 24 Sep 1901, died 13 Oct 1953, buried in Pekin, Tazewell, Illinois.
- Katherine Augusta Charlotte Moeller,
- born 30 Nov 1903, died 12 Aug 1912 in Fayette County, Illinois.
- Viola Anna Moeller, born 27 Sep 1907, died 1952 in St. Louis, Missouri
- Laverne Emma Minnie Moeller, born 20 Jul 1909, died before 1987
- married Martin Torbeck, born 19 Apr 1902, died before 1986.
- Marie Cordelia Moeller
- Gilbert Moeller, died before 1986.
Back to Sasse Ancestors | Our Family | Nahausen Families
Layout and HTML coding © 2005 MJH