Back to Our Family | Rieckmann
Christoph H. Rieckmann and Elisabeth Wolle.
Heinrich Wilhelm Christoph Rieckmann,
- born 21 March 1864
- bapt. 28 March 1864, Ebstorf. Sponsors were Heinrich Wolle, dienstknecht, Heinrich Prasebeion of Altenebstorf and Heinrich Grobe of Wittenwater.
- died 5 June 1930, buried Riverdale Cemetery.
- born 13 January, 1875, Germany.
- died 1 August 1927, buried Riverdale Cemetery.
Uncle Henry met Aunt Mary through a newspaper ad. She had lived in Indiana with her brother who had a dry goods store. When she came to Nebraska to marry Uncle Henry, she brought samples of yard goods (cloth) with her. They lived just north of the St. Paul Lutheran Church, and later moved to Riverdale. According to the 1920 census, he worked at the lumber yard.
They had one daughter, adopted in February of 1904:
Lena Kluckhuhn - Photo, daughter of Friedrich Kluckhuhn and his wife Caroline Stark, both of whom died before 1904.
- born 6 November 1892, Germany; emigrated 1893
- died 3 July 1989, Washington State
- married 9 June 1915
John George Maul, son of John L Maul and Anna Prottengeier
- born 30 January 1884
- died 5 September 1967.
They had three daughters.
"Maria," Kathrina Maria Dorothea Rieckmann,
- born 13 October 1866, Ebstorf, Kr. Uelzen, Hannover, Germany
- bapt. 21 October 1866, Ebstorf, godparents were 1. Miss Kathrina Bartels of Altenebstorf; Miss Dorothea Peters, Ebstorf and Miss Maria Meyer, of Ebstorf.
- confirmed 21 March 1880, at St. Paul Lutheran Church of Yellowhead twp., Kanakee County, Illinois
- died 12 October 1905, Amherst, Nebr., of inflammation of the lining of the abdominal cavity.
- married 9 Nov 1886, Buffalo Co., Nebr.
Carl Fulgus Ludwig Rusch, son of Carl Rusch and Sophie Prief/Priebe
- born 10 December 1860, Stettin, Germany
- died 23 Aug 1923 Amherst, Nebr., of stomach cancer.
Both buried at Immanuel Cemetery, Watertown, rural Amherst, Nebr.
See Carl Rusch.
Anna Maria Dorothea Rieckmann
- born 28 February 1869 Washington Twp., Will Co., Illinois
- baptized 7 March 1869. Witnesses were Marie Schulz and Dorothea Wolle.
- died 18 October 1950 Kearney, Nebr.
- m. 24 November 1889 Riverdale, Nebr.
Wilhelm Carl Christian Mueller, son of Carl Mueller and Johanna Regling.
- born 24 October 1869 Triepkendorf, Mecklenburg, Germany
- died 21 June 1943 Riverdale, Nebr.
Both are buried at Peake Cemetery, rural Riverdale.
They had eleven children. For details of this family, see William Mueller.
According to the history and church records of St. Paul, Beecher, Rev. Lossner baptized Anna, and he pastored there from 1865 - 1880. The records there also give her birth date as 20 February. However, Anna's baptismal certificate says the baptism was performed by Rev. Brauer, who did not come there until 1880. There is no other record of the Rickmann/Rieckmann family at that congregation.
Her funeral card gives "Washington, Illinois" as her birthplace. There is a Washington Township in southern Will County. Just south of there is Grant Park, Kankakee County, where Anna said she grew up.
Katherine Maria Dorothea Rieckmann
- born 14 May 1871, Kankakee County, Illinois
- died 24 September 1932, (Grand Island, Nebr.?)
- married 12 December 1907 as his second wife
- born 19 March 1863, Sulzfeld, Baden, Germany
- died 26 December 1933.
William Scheffel was a mason and stone cutter, and for many years was head of the Scheffel & sons Monument Company of Grand Island. Click here for a site about Nebraska Historic Sites. Scroll down to see the old Trinity Lutheran Church in Grand Island. Use your browser's BACK feature to return to this page.
1. Walter Heinrich Scheffel
- born 20 September 1908, Grand Island, Nebr.
- died 15 March 1909
2. Rudolph William Scheffel
- born 16 April 1910, Grand Island, Nebr.
- died 7 March 1965, Sheboygan, Wisc.
- m. 22 April 1937,
- born 19 May 1909,
- died May 1991, Wisconsin.
They had three children.
3. Lewis (Ludwig) George Scheffel
- born 4 December 1911, Grand Island, Nebr.
- died 16 May 1991 Grand Island, Nebr.
- m. (1) 15 June 1935
Rose Bergholz - born 29 July 1914
- died 24 March 1969.
Lewis m. (2)
Eloise Lorraine Meyer, widow of Gerhard Raedeke.
Lewis and Rose had three children.
4. Irene Elizabeth Scheffel
- born 22 November 1913, Grand Island, Nebr.
- died 12 June 1914.
Wilhelm F. Rieckmann - born 21 September 1873, Kankakee County, Illinois
- confirmed 8 April 1888 at Immanuel, Amherst
- died 12 September 1946.
- buried Peake Cemetery, rural Riverdale.
Uncle Bill had a business in Riverdale, Nebr., which included an ice house.
A token from Uncle Bill's store.
1999 - 2006 MJH