The Regling family seems to have been in the Triepkendorf area for several centuries. As farmers they were, of course, more likely to stay on their land than tradesmen were. I was able to find microfilms of church records back to 1720, and the Reglings are mentioned in the early pages of the Triepkendorf area. In a history article written by George Krueger in 1925, he mentions the Beyer and Hartwig names in Triepkendorf in 1590. In 1683, the names include Benzin and Hartwig, and in 1724 the names include Beyer, Koester, Hartwig and Benzin. As might be suspected in a small rural area, several families inter-married over a period of several generations. The Beyer family and the Benzin family crossed several times, and with the common use of certain first names, the family tree has become a puzzle that is almost impossible to solve.
Only in recent times has the spelling of the surnames become standardized. In the church records of 100-250 years ago, any one name might be spelled several different ways, dependent only upon the hand of the scriber. For example, Regling was sometimes Rechlin or Regeling; Bayer might be Beier or Beyer; Koester might be Kuester; Hartwig might be Hartwich.
The church records of Triepkendorf include also the villages of Laeven, Mechow, Labeescher and Hasselfoerde.
William Regling, the only known photo of a Regling.
- born 6 February 1841, Mechow, Mecklenburg.
- baptized 14 February 1841, Mechow.
- died of "Lungenentzuendung", pneumonia, 7 Mar 1878 Triepkendorf.
- buried 10 March 1878.
She married 13 November 1868, Triepkendorf, Mecklenburg, to
Image enlarged to show the texture.
Joachim Fr. Ludwig Regling, son of Joachim David Regling & Johanna Sophia Beier
- born 13 Dec 1810 Triepkendorf, Mecklenburg, Germany
- bapt. 19 Dec 1810 Triepkendorf
- confirmed 1825
- died 7 Sep 1896 Triepkendorf, buried 9 Sep 1896 Triepkendorf
- married 30 Oct 1840 Mechow, Mecklenburg, Germany
Hanna Caroline Dorothea Koester, daughter of Johann Koester & Johanna Schade,
- born 25 Oct 1815 Laeven, Mecklenburg, Germany
- bapt. 09 Nov 1815
- died 26 Dec 1881 Triepkendorf, buried 29 Dec 1881
Joachim is listed in 1841: Knecht; 1845: Tageloehner in Mechow - Erbpachtstelle; 1860: Eigentuemer in Triepk.; 1896: Eigentumr-Altensitzer. In church records in 1825 as Johann Friedr. Ludwig. Death: Altersschwaeche, [old age] at age 86.
- born 06 Feb 1841, bapt. 14 Feb 1841 Mechow, Mecklenburg, Germany
Joachim David Regling, son of Martin Regling & Dorothea Elisabeth Beier
- born 26 Sep 1775, Triepkendorf, Mecklenburg, Germany
- bapt. 01 Oct 1775, Triepkendorf, one sponsor was Adam Beier, Knecht, his mother's brother.
- died 10 Aug 1842, Triepkendorf, of pleuresy, buried 13 Aug 1842, Triepkendorf,
- married 11 Dec 1807 Triepkendorf,
Johanna Sophia Beier, daughter of Joachim Beier & Maria Elisabeth Bentzin
- born 08 Oct 1776 Triepkendorf
- bapt. 11 Oct 1776 Triepkendorf,
- died 18 May 1844 Triepkendorf, of Schwindsucht, (consumption) age 67 yrs 6 mo.
- buried 21 May 1844 Triepkendorf,
In church records he is shown in 1825 as Johann Jochem, 1810: Eigentuemer & Gruetzmacher; 1828: Buedner in Triepk.
- born 6 Feb 1808, bapt. 14 Feb 1808 Triepkendorf,
- confirmed 1822
- died 08 April 1850 Triepkendorf, of "Nervenfieber"
Johann Christian Koester, son of Johann Koester & Magdelena Lindau
- born 25 Oct 1815, Laeven, bapt. 09 Nov 1815
- died 26 Dec 1881 Triepkendorf,
- buried 29 Dec 1881
- married 30 Oct 1840 Mechow, Mecklenburg,
Joachim Fr. Ludwig Regling
Martin David Regling, son of Paul Gottfried Regling & Sophia Heyland
- born Apr 1746, Hasselfoerde, Mecklenburg,
- bapt. 8 Apr 1746, Hasselfoerde,
- died 8 Mar 1824, Triepkendorf,
- buried 14 Mar 1824, Triepkendorf, "Entkraeftung"
- married 21 Nov 1771, Triepkendorf,
Dorothea Elisabeth Beier, daughter of Johann Beier & Elisabeth Hartwig/Hartwich
- born 1742, bapt. 05 Dec 1742 Triepkendorf,
- died 30 Mar 1821 Triepkendorf, "gaenzl. Entkraeftung"
- buried 02 Apr 1821 Martin Regling was shown in 1771-1805 as Hauseigentuemer; 1813-Grutzmacher; 1824: Hauseigentuemer in Triepkendorf. [Entkraeftung means feeble, debilitated.]
- born 15 Jan 1773, bapt. 17 Jan 1773 Triepkendorf,
- married 05 Dec 1800 Triepkendorf,
Joachim Friedrich Bentzin.
Joachim Beier, son of Johann Beier & Elisabeth Hartwig
- born or bapt. 20 Feb 1736 Triepkendorf,
- died 16 Jun 1793, buried 19 Jun 1793
- married 18 Nov 1768 Triepkendorf,
Maria Elisabeth Bentzin, oldest daughter of Joachim Bentzin & Eva Maria Flege
- born 1748, bapt. 21 Apr 1748 Triepkendorf,
- died 13 Jan 1822 Triepkendorf,
She was a baptismal sponsor in Carwitz, 21 Jun 1773.
Joachim Beier was listed in 1769-76 as Gruetzmacher; 1773: Fuhrmann in Triepk.; 1793: Eigentuemer in Triepkendorf.
After the death of Joachim Beier, Maria Elisabeth Bentzin Beier married Emanuel Paepke.
- buried 12 Dec 1772 Triepkendorf. Died of smallpox
Johann Koester, youngest brother of Schulzer Daniel Koester, had an illegitimate child with
- bapt. 20 Jun 1776
- married 19 Nov 1814 Laeven, Johanna Schade,
Heinrich Friedrich Schade, born about 1749
- died 6 Feb 1811 Labeescher Teerofen,
- buried 10 Feb 1811 Triepkendorf,
- married (1) 29 Oct 1779 Labeescher Teerofen,
Anna Dorothea Gau, born about 1752
- died 22 Jun 1792 Labeescher Teerofen, buried Triepkendorf.
Heinrich married (2) 17 Aug 1792 Labeescher Teerofen,
- born 12 Sep 1781, bapt. 18 Sep 1781 Labeescher Teerofen,
CHILDREN of Heinrich and Cathrina Schade:
Paul Gottfried Regling, - died March or April, 1764, Hasselfoerde,
- married 24 May 1743 Hasselfoerde,
Sophia Heyland - died 1781, Hasselfoerde, buried 03 Dec 1781
Sometimes spelled Raegeling. In records he's shown in 1748-1759: Erbkrueger in Hasselfoerde.
Johann Beier, son of Jochim Beier
Johann married (2) married 18 Nov 1733, Triepkendorf
- bapt. 21 Sep 1728 Triepkendorf, Sponsors: Maria Riepitsch, Maria Koester-Beier, Joens Beier.
CHILDREN of Johann and Elizabeth Beier:
Joachim Bentzin married Eva Maria Flege.
- died 13 Jan 1822 Triepkendorf,
- married (1) 18 Nov 1768 Triepkendorf, Joachim Beier
- married (2) 26 Jun 1796 Triepkendorf, Emanuel Christian Paepke
© 2000 Mona Mueller Houser
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids