Back to Our Family
Michael F., Jr. and Elise
Michael Friedrich Oertwig, Jr. son of Michael Fr. Oertwig
- born 4 March 1841, probably in Nahausen, Koenigsberg Neumark, Brandenburg
- immigrated 11 October 1854, arrived in New York on the Isaac Allerton
- lived in Dodge County, Wisconsin until about 1864
- farmed in Wilberton Township, Fayette County, Illinois
- died 13 July 1932, buried in St. Paul, Fayette County, Illinois
- married 14 December 1870 in Fayette County, Illinois to
Elise Marie Elhorn
- born 31 December 1847 in Prussia
- died 6 August 1934, buried in St. Paul, Fayette County, Illinois
Clipping about Michael and Elise Oertwig
Signature of Michael Fr. Oertwig, 1886
From pension application of Maria Juhr Sasse
- Frederick Heinrich August Oertwig, born 19 August 1872 in Illinois
- died 23 February 1953, buried in St. Paul, Fayette County, Illinois
- married 14 December 1899 in Fayette County, Illinois to
Anna Elizabeth Meyer, daughter of Frederick Meyer and Sophie Wiese
- born 5 May 1876 in Illinois - died 25 April 1951, buried in St. Paul, Fayette, Illinois
- Edwin Frederick Oertwig, born 7 September 1900 in Illinois
- died 14 Septempber 1977, buried in Fayette County, Illinois, Immanuel, Augsburg.
His WWI Draft Registration in Marion County describes him as medium height and build, blue eyes, dark hair
- married 17 October 1926 to
Eleanor A. Meseke, born 17 September 1905
- died 2 April 1975, buried in Fayette County, Illinois, Immanuel, Augsburg.
Two sons and two daughters including:
- Living Oertwig, married Irene Minnie Moeller, born 25 February 1929, Kaskaskia Twp, Fayette County, Illinois
- died 4 May 1998, Effingham, Illinois
- Edna Johanna Barbara Oertwig, born 29 May 1905 in Illinois
- died 8 October 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri
- married about 1927 to
Walter Neale, son of Richard and Hannah Neale
born 11 January 1902, died July 1984, St. Louis, Missouri
- Dora Emma Emelia Oertwig, born 5 November 1907 in Illinois; died 1957
- married "Pick" Melner
- Eleanora Sophia Eliza Oertwig, born 5 March 1903 in Illinois
- died November 1987, St Louis County, Missouri. Never married.
- Clara Louise Maria Oertwig, born 1910, died 1910, buried in St. Paul, Fayette, Illinois
- Louisea Oertwig, born 1911, died 1911, buried in St. Paul, Fayette, Illinois
- Laura Sophia Oertwig, born 26 September 1912, Illinois
- died December 1984. Had lived in Denver, Colorado
- married Fred Chandler
- Adolph Dietrich August Oertwig, born 21 August 1916, died May 1982
- married Berniece Jasper, born 6 September 1924, died August 1973
Had lived at St. Peter, Fayette county, Illinois
- Louise Maria Oertwig, born November 1878 in Illinois
- died February 1928
- married Heinrich Henrichsmeyer, son of Ernst Henrichsmeyer and Frederieke Muelke
- born 30 April 1878, in Illinois
- died 24 December 1944, in Vandalia, Fayette, Illinois
- buried in St. Paul, Fayette, Illinois, St. Paul Lutheran.
- Rose Margaret Henrichsmeyer,
- born 22 August 1903, in Illinois, died 18 December 1991
- married (1) Albert Remmert. Drowned.
- married 22 November, 1947, in Metamora, Illinois, as his second wife,
(2) Herman C. W. Sasse, son of Frank (Franz) Sasse and Carolina Harmeier
- born 5 September 1895, in Fayette County, Illinois
- died 16 February 1969, in Vandalia, Fayette, Illinois
- buried 18 February 1969, in Fayette County, Illinois, Immanuel, Augsburg
- lived and farmed in Kaskaskia, Fayette, Illinois
Herman had several children by his first wife
Gravestone of Herman and Rose Sasse
As his second wife, Rose
- married (3) John Louis Schroeder, (son of Fredrick Schroeder and Emelia Eichmann)
- born 19 November 1895, in Sharon Township, Fayette County, Illinois
- lived and farmed in Wilberton Township, Fayette, Illinois
- died 1987, buried in St. Paul, Fayette County, Illinois
- Walter Ernst Frederick Henrichsmeyer, born 14 July 1905 in Illinois, died September 1984.
- married Dena Demange, born 4 May 1903, died January 1979
- Had lived at Metamora, Woodford County, Illinois
- Olga Anna Carolina Henrichsmeyer, born 3 January 1908, died March 1979.
Had lived in Decatur, Macon County, Illinois. Never married
- Elna Louise Mathilde Henrichsmeyer, born 7 April 1910, St. Paul, Illinois
- died 23 October 1992 in Centralia, Marion county, Illinois
- married 6 November 1921 at Shobonier, Illinois, to
Louis Schmid, 16 November 1902; died April 1982. Had lived at Patoka, Marion county, Illinois.
They were survived by two daughters.
- Alma Emma Louise Henrichsmeyer, born 5 January 1913 in Fayette County, Illinois
- died 21 December 1997 in Peoria, Peoria, Illinois
- married 31 October 1934,
Ernest Petzel, 15 July 1909, died 12 March 1997. Had lived in Peoria, Illinois.
- Carl Henrichsmeyer, born 14 January 1916, died 2 October 1979
Had served in the military during World War I.
- Living Henrichsmeyer,
- married 14 February 1946 at St. Paul, Fayette County, Illinois, to
Albert William Torbeck, born 9 May 1912, in Illinois
- died 11 November 2001. Had lived at Kinmundy, Marion, Illinois
Back to Michael Oertwig, Sr.
Layout and HTML coding © 2005-2008 MJH
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids