Back to Our Family | Mueller
of Pleasanton, Nebraska
Ludwig Carl Friedrich Mueller son of Friedrich Mueller and Maria Christina Bergmann
- born 27 July 1850 Laeven, Mecklenburg.
- baptized 17 August 1850, Triepkendorf.
- died 14 February 1922, Buffalo County, Nebraska
- married 10 July 1879, Triepkendorf, Mecklenburg, to
Ida Caroline Christine Kupferschmidt, daughter of Carl Kupferschmidt, masterweaver, and Caroline Schulz (born 21 Nov. 1821, Voightsdorf; died 18 Mar. 1874, Kruselin, Mecklenburg)
- born 3 April 1856, Kruselin, Neustrelitz, Mecklenburg. Photos of Kruselin
- died 15 March 1946, Kearney, Buffalo County, Nebraska
Ludwig and Ida, with little Friedrich, immigrated to the United States, and arrived in New York on 11 May 1882 on the ship Westphalia. They lived first at Hamilton County, Nebraska, near Ludwig's brother Friedrich Mueller. Ludwig and his family moved to Buffalo county in the spring of 1890. He farmed in Rusco Township, and then retired and moved to Pleasanton in 1909. Ludwig and Ida are buried at the Pleasanton Cemetery, Buffalo county, Nebraska.
A. Anna Marie Caroline Mueller
- born 17 August 1879 Laeven, Mecklenburg.
- died 3 September 1880 Laeven, Mecklenburg.
B. Friedrich August Karl Mueller
- born 14 June 1881 Laeven, Mecklenburg.
- WWI draft registration description: Medium height and build, grey eyes, black hair
- died 1 April 1965 Kearney, Nebraska
- married 08 June 1905 Merrick County, Nebraska, Worms Lutheran Church,
Anna Margaretha Shipman, daughter of Herman Schipman and Margaretha Bosselman nee Martens
- born April 1884
- died 14 July 1918.
After Anna's death, Ida and Ludwig Mueller helped raise the children.
Fred was a banker and loan officer in Pleasanton, and served in the Nebraska state legislature, 1939-1949.
- Eric Herman Ludwig Mueller
- born 30 August 1906 Rusco Twp., Buffalo County, Nebraska
- died 1975
- married 06 October 1935 Kearney, Buffalo County, Nebraska, Zion Lutheran Church,
Dora Henning, Gustave and Doris A. Henning
- born 9 November 1907, Nebraska
- died 16 October 1985 in Kearney, Buffalo county, Nebraska
Eric was an auto mechanic and had Mueller Service Garage at 2012 1st avenue, in Kearney
- Living Mueller, married Living O'Dell. Three children
- Elsie Ida Helen Mueller
- born 28 July 1908 Rusco Twp., Buffalo County, Nebraska
- died 27 December 1994 Kearney, Nebraska
Elsie worked many years as a sales clerk at Kaufmann-Wernert department store in Kearney. She was active in choir and Sunday School at Zion Lutheran church.
- Helen Ruth Mueller
- born 6 September 1911, Buffalo County, Nebraska
- died 18 September 1973 Saginaw, Michigan
- married 28 May 1933 Kearney, Buffalo County, Nebraska, Zion Lutheran Church, to
Clarence Roland Jones, son of W. John Jones & Rubina Thiede
- born 13 November 1912, in Nebraska
- died 21 Sep 1987, in Saginaw, Saginaw County, Michigan.
They had three children.
- Roland Clarence Jones, 8 Nov. 1934, Buffalo County, Nebraska
- died 1 March 2004, Durango, Colorado
- married 05 August 1956, Franklin, Nebraska, to Living Lipp. Two children.
OBITUARY of Roland JonesRoland C. Jones, 69, a professor emeritus at Fort Lewis College (Durango, Colorado), died of natural causes at his East Third Avenue home Monday, March 1, 2004.
Mr. Jones was born Nov. 8, 1934, in Kearney, Neb., the son of Helen and Clarence Jones. He was a graduate of Amherst High School in Amherst, Neb., the University of Michigan, Northern Arizona University and Michigan State University.
Mr. Jones came to the Fort Lewis College English department in 1967. He was the faculty founder of Circa, the college literary magazine, which was later renamed Images. He started one of the earliest college film classes and served for many years as the Tae Kwon-Do Club faculty advisor. In 1989, he was the recipient of the Alice Admire Outstanding Teacher Award.
One of Mr. Jones' long-time interests was the life and work of the Rev. H. R. Voth, a Mennonite missionary and early Hopi Indian ethnographer. Mr. Jones translated Voth's diaries and many of his papers from old German script. He wrote the Voth entry for the Dictionary of American Biography.
His other interests included carpentry and gardening.
- Living Jones, married Living Frederick, had 2 children
- Living Jones, married Living Brieske, had 2 children
- Ruth Lulu Mueller
- born 26 July 1915, Buffalo County, Nebraska
- died 22 October 2000 in Kearney, Buffalo, Nebraska
- married 22 June 1941 Kearney, Buffalo County, Nebraska, Zion Lutheran Church, to
Paul Henry Rose, son of Henry Harrison Rose and Odelia S. Altmaier
- born 20 October 1914, Buffalo County, Nebraska
- 18 April 1991 in Kearney, Buffalo, Nebraska
Both Ruth and Paul are buried at Kearney Cemetery, Kearney, Nebraska.
Obituary extracts for Ruth:
Graduated from Kearney High School, 1933. Member of the church and charter member of of Zion Lutheran Concordia Society. Served on the Buffalo Co. Election Board for many years. Preceded in death by 2 sisters and 1 brother. Survived by one son and one daughter; 5 grandchildren and one great-granddaughter
- Living Rose, married Living Borm. Two children.
- Living Rose, married Living Fletcher. Three children.
© 1999-2005 MJH