MARTHA CHRISTINA KATHARINA LABS WILLKENS
Martha Christina Katharina Labs, daughter of Fritz and Augusta Labs
- born 21 February 1893, Buffalo county, Nebraska
- baptized 6 March 1893, Immanuel Lutheran, Amherst. Sponsors: Kathe Rieckmann proxy Mrs. Rusch, Christina Hemmann.
- confirmed 1907, Immanuel Lutheran, rural Amherst, Buffalo County, Nebraska
- died 31 October 1931, Omaha, Nebr.
- buried Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery, rural Amherst, Buffalo County, Nebraska
- married 28 February 1918, Immanuel Lutheran, Amherst, Buffalo County, Nebraska
Hans Willkens, son of John T. and Anna (Dethlefs) Willkens
- born 29 May 1883, Chicago, Illinois
- described in his WWI draft registration as medium height and build, blue eyes, light hair
- died 19 May 1977, Benkelman, Dundy, Nebraska
- buried at Benkelman Cemetery, Benkelman, Nebraska
Witnesses at their marriage: Walter Labs, Gertrude Steinhauser, Oscar Hemmann, Anna Rusch
Hans married 2) 01 December, 1937, to Mary Martha Hedke Baumfalk. She died 29 June 1956
Hans and Martha lived in Hitchcock County, Nebraska, near Stratton. He continued farming until he retired and moved into Stratton.
- John Thomas "Johnny" Wilkens, born 14 April 1924, Hitchcock County, Nebraska
- resided at Benkelman, Dundy County, Nebraska
- died 26 July, 2007, at his ranch near Oconto, Custer County, Nebraska
- buried 30 July, 2007, Benkelman Cemetery, Benkelman, Nebraska
- married and had two daughters.
Back to LABS | Our Family
© 1999 - 2007 MJH
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids