Descendants of John Hugunin
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 HUGUNIN was born in Ohio. He married LUCINDA BISHOP. She was born in Indiana.
Children of JOHN HUGUNIN and LUCINDA BISHOP are:
2. i. ROBERT FINLEY2 HUGUNIN, b. May 31, 1850, Illinois; d. April 15, 1917, Camanche, Iowa.
3. ii. CHARLES E. HUGUNIN, b. Abt. 1873, Illinois.
4. iii. THOMAS HUGUNIN, b. Abt. 1857, Illinois.
iv. ELIZABETH HUGUNIN, b. 1840; m. PERRY LANGFORD, November 08, 1859, Whiteside County, ILL; b. January 22, 1835, Illinois.
5. v. WILLIAM HUGUNIN, b. July 1847, Albany, IL.
Generation No. 2
2. ROBERT FINLEY2 HUGUNIN (JOHN1) was born May 31, 1850 in Illinois, and died April 15, 1917 in Camanche, Iowa. He married ELMIRA FLACK. She was born 1849 in Illinois, and died 1935 in Camanche, Iowa.
Notes for ROBERT FINLEY HUGUNIN:
Cause of death Jury Verdict -- dislocated neck & fractured windpipe -- cause unknown
More About ROBERT FINLEY HUGUNIN:
Burial: May 22, 1917, Rose Hill Cemetery
More About ELMIRA FLACK:
Burial: Rose Hill Cemetery
Children of ROBERT HUGUNIN and ELMIRA FLACK are:
6. i. GEORGE3 HUGUNIN, b. September 10, 1870, Albany, IL; d. January 12, 1961, Camanche, Iowa.
ii. ELIZABETH HUGUNIN, m. HARRY REHER.
7. iii. CHARLES HUGUNIN.
8. iv. CLYDE HUGUNIN, b. 1888; d. 1955, Camanche, Iowa.
v. JAMES HUGUNIN, m. CLARA UNKNOWN.
vi. HENRY HUGUNIN, b. 1874; d. 1926; m. ROSE SKIFF.
More About HENRY HUGUNIN:
Burial: Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
vii. JAKE HUGUNIN, b. November 14, 1891; d. October 30, 1970.
More About JAKE HUGUNIN:
Burial: 1970, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
3. CHARLES E.2 HUGUNIN (JOHN1) was born Abt. 1873 in Illinois. He married CATHERINE SWEENEY.
Children of CHARLES HUGUNIN and CATHERINE SWEENEY are:
i. HENRIETTA3 HUGUNIN.
ii. MARY HUGUNIN, m. JOHN MOORE.
iii. ALTA HUGUNIN, m. EDWIN MILLER.
iv. FRANCES HUGUNIN, m. WM. CADY.
v. PERRY HUGUNIN.
vi. LOUIS HUGUNIN.
4. THOMAS2 HUGUNIN (JOHN1) was born Abt. 1857 in Illinois. He married MARTHA ISABELLE WRIGHT.
Children of THOMAS HUGUNIN and MARTHA WRIGHT are:
9. i. THOMAS3 HUGUNIN.
ii. ELSIE HUGUNIN, m. ROBERT FOVARGUE.
iii. JESSIE HUGUNIN, m. ABRAHAM SANDERS.
iv. PEARL HUGUNIN, m. ARTHUR HOPKINS.
v. EFFIE HUGUNIN, m. ROY WHITE.
vi. JEROME HUGUNIN.
vii. VIOLA HUGUNIN.
viii. JACOB HUGUNIN, b. November 14, 1891, Camanche, Iowa; d. November 30, 1910, Camanche, Iowa.
Notes for JACOB HUGUNIN:
Death of Jacob Hugunin at Camanche Causes Much Sorrow.
(Herald's Special Service)
Camanche, Dec. 3 1910. -- Jacob Hugunin was born Nov. 14, 1891, in Camanche, and after a month's illness of typhoid-pneumonia, departed this life, Nov. 30, aged 19 years and 16 days. He with Charles Horton camped down the river, spending the time clamming and fishing and about a month ago they returned home, sick with the disease which caused the death of Charles Horton a week ago. But Jake seemed to be stronger and there had been hopes for his recovery, but he passed to the beyond at 5 o'clock Wednesday morning. Jake has been very patient and cheerful all through his sickness and would often ask how Charley was getting along, and was thoughtful for the welfare of others in the home. Besides his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Hugunin, he leaves to mourn his early death, the following brothers and sisters: Jerome (Lome), Thomas (Tune), of Camanche, Mrs. Jessie Saunders of Marshalltown, Mrs. Pearl Wilson and Mrs. Elsie Fovorgue of Lyons, Effie and Viola of Camanche, besides numerous relatives and a host of friends, for he was well liked by all who knew him. The funeral services were held Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Baptist church, with Burial in Rose Hill cemetery, Camanche.
More About JACOB HUGUNIN:
Burial: December 03, 1910, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
5. WILLIAM2 HUGUNIN (JOHN1) was born July 1847 in Albany, IL. He married MARTHA JANE COOK April 13, 1867 in Whiteside County, ILL, daughter of UNKNOWN COOK and UNKNOWN. She was born July 1850 in Iowa.
Children of WILLIAM HUGUNIN and MARTHA COOK are:
10. i. SAMUEL E.3 HUGUNIN, b. 1870, Albany, IL; d. March 19, 1931, Albany, IL.
11. ii. LAFAYETTE W. HUGUNIN, b. September 1873, Albany, IL; d. 1933.
iii. NETTIE W. HUGUNIN, b. October 1878, Albany, IL; d. November 21, 1935; m. (1) ROY HARRINGTON; m. (2) JOHN MOORE.
Notes for NETTIE W. HUGUNIN:
1901 lived at 535 10th ave, Clinton, IA
Generation No. 3
6. GEORGE3 HUGUNIN (ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born September 10, 1870 in Albany, IL, and died January 12, 1961 in Camanche, Iowa. He married CATHERINE TIERNEY September 03, 1890 in Camanche, IA, daughter of MICHAEL TIERNEY and ANNA LAUGHLIN. She was born December 06, 1868 in Elvira, Iowa, and died December 19, 1955 in Clinton, Iowa.
Notes for GEORGE HUGUNIN:
George Hugunin, 90, of Camanche died in his home Wednesday. The body is in the Snell-Smith funeral home where friends may call beginning at 3 p.m. Friday. Services will be held Saturday at 1:30 p.m. in the funeral home with the Rev. James Uldrych, pastor of Camanche Baptist Church, officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery. George M. Hugunin was born Sept. 10, 1870 in Albany, Ill., the son of Robert and Almira Flack Hugunin. He was married to Katherine Tierney Sept. 3, 1890 in Camanche and was a trucker in the freight house for the Chicago and north Western Railway. Surviving are one son, Marion of Camanche; two daughters, Mrs. R.C. (Ethel) Werderman Sr. of LeClaire and Mrs. Nimieoko Mace of Camanche; five grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife.
Funeral services for George Hugunin, 90, of Camanche, who died Wednesday in his home, were held at 1:30 p.m. today in the Snell-Smith Funeral home. Rev. James Uldrych of the First Baptist Church in Camanche officiated and Mrs. Harry Thompson was the singer, accompanied by Mrs. L. A. Wiley at the organ. Burial was in Rose Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Bryson Parr, William Parr, Carl Ryner, Beverly Tyler, Everett Shinn & Ronald Pruett.
More About GEORGE HUGUNIN:
Burial: January 14, 1961, Rose Hill Cemetery
Notes for CATHERINE TIERNEY:
MRS. GEORGE HUGUNIN
Mrs. George Hugunin, 87, of Camanche, died early today in Mercy hospital where she had been a patient for the past four days. The body is in the Snell funeral home where friends may call beginning at 3 p.m. Tuesday. Private services will be held at 9 a.m. Wednesday in the funeral home with Rev. Francis E. Bass of St. Mary's church officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery in Camanche. Katherine Tierney was born Dec. 6, 1868 in Elvira, the daughter of Michael and Anna Laughlin Tierney. She lived in Camanche almost all her life and on Sept. 3, 1890 she was married to George Hugunin of Camanche. Survivors include here husband; two daughters, Mrs. Nimieoko Mace, Camanche, and Mrs. R.C. Werderman, LeClaire; one son, Merion J. Hugunin, Camanche; five grandchildren. Preceding her in death were her parents, on brother and one sister.
MRS. GEORGE HUGUNIN
Funeral services for Mrs. George Hugunin, 87, of Camanche, who died Monday in Mercy hospital, were held at 9 a. m. today in the Snell funeral home with Rev. M. J. Rogers of Sacred Heart church officiating. The Organist was Miss Marguerite Hypes. Burial was in Rose Hill cemetery in Camanche. Pallbearers were Bryson Parr, Clyde Shadle, Beverly Tyler, Fred Anthony, Arthur Thompsen and William Yarnell.
More About CATHERINE TIERNEY:
Burial: December 21, 1955, Rose Hill Cemetery
Children of GEORGE HUGUNIN and CATHERINE TIERNEY are:
12. i. MARION JAMES4 HUGUNIN, b. December 16, 1899, Camanche, Iowa; d. November 22, 1962, Clinton, Iowa.
ii. NIMIEOKO HUGUNIN, b. 1892; m. UNKNOWN MACE.
13. iii. ETHEL HUGUNIN, b. June 15, 1908.
7. CHARLES3 HUGUNIN (ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) He married KITTY SKIFF.
Children of CHARLES HUGUNIN and KITTY SKIFF are:
14. i. FRED4 HUGUNIN, b. March 31, 1894, Camanche, Iowa; d. October 27, 1979, Camanche, Iowa.
ii. BROTHER HUGUNIN.
8. CLYDE3 HUGUNIN (ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born 1888, and died 1955 in Camanche, Iowa. He married IONA LOUISE HOOVER. She was born 1894, and died 1953.
More About CLYDE HUGUNIN:
Burial: 1955, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
More About IONA LOUISE HOOVER:
Burial: 1953, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Children of CLYDE HUGUNIN and IONA HOOVER are:
15. i. KENNETH4 HUGUNIN, b. October 31, 1918, Camanche, Iowa; d. November 11, 2000, Camanche, Iowa.
ii. LOIS HUGUNIN, m. UNKNOWN SCHULTZ.
16. iii. PHYLLIS RUTH HUGUNIN, b. March 22, 1921, Camanche, Iowa; d. April 06, 2004, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.
iv. UNKNOWN BROTHER HUGUNIN.
9. THOMAS3 HUGUNIN (THOMAS2, JOHN1) He married NELLIE FRAZIER.
Children of THOMAS HUGUNIN and NELLIE FRAZIER are:
17. i. LOUIS E.4 HUGUNIN, b. May 19, 1922, Camanche, IA; d. April 29, 2008, Camanche, IA.
ii. UNK BROTHER HUGUNIN.
iii. UNK BROTHER HUGUNIN.
iv. UNK SISTER HUGUNIN.
v. UNK SISTER HUGUNIN.
vi. UNK SISTER HUGUNIN.
vii. UNK SISTER HUGUNIN.
10. SAMUEL E.3 HUGUNIN (WILLIAM2, JOHN1) was born 1870 in Albany, IL, and died March 19, 1931 in Albany, IL. He married JENNIE SANDERS 1902 in Albany, IL, daughter of FRANK SANDERS and ADELINE SHEPLER. She was born July 28, 1880 in Elburn, IL, and died April 29, 1966 in Morrison, IL.
Notes for JENNIE SANDERS:
MRS. JENNIE HUGUNIN
Mrs. Jennie Hugunin, 85, of Albany, died at 9:15 p.m. Friday at Morrison Community hospital where she has been a patient for 12 days. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at the Fay funeral home, Fulton, Ill., with the Rev. Edward Stach of the Albany Methodist Church officiating. Burial will be in Oak Ridge cemetery, Albany. Friends may call at the funeral home after 7 p.m. today. Jennie Sanders was born July 28, 1880 at Elburn, Ill. the daughter of Frank and Adeline Shepler Sanders. She cam to Albany with her parents at the age of 8. She married Samuel Hugunin in 1902 at Albany where the couple lived their entire married lives. Her husband died on March 19, 1931. She was a member of the Albany Methodist Church. She is survived by two sons, Loren and Alvin, both of Albany; two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, 12 brothers and sisters and one son.
More About JENNIE SANDERS:
Burial: May 02, 1966, Oak Ridge Cemetery, Albany, IL
Children of SAMUEL HUGUNIN and JENNIE SANDERS are:
i. LOREN4 HUGUNIN, b. 1907, Albany, IL.
ii. ALVIN HUGUNIN, b. 1916, Albany, IL.
iii. RUSSELL E. HUGUNIN, b. 1904, Albany, IL.
iv. LYLE L HUGUNIN, b. 1899, Albany, IL.
11. LAFAYETTE W.3 HUGUNIN (WILLIAM2, JOHN1) was born September 1873 in Albany, IL, and died 1933. He married MILDRED FORSTER.
Children of LAFAYETTE HUGUNIN and MILDRED FORSTER are:
i. ALBERTA L4 HUGUNIN, b. 1896, Camanche, Iowa.
ii. LYLE W HUGUNIN, b. 1899, Albany, IL.
Generation No. 4
12. MARION JAMES4 HUGUNIN (GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born December 16, 1899 in Camanche, Iowa, and died November 22, 1962 in Clinton, Iowa. He married DORTHY EDNA CLARK December 07, 1920 in Morrison, Whiteside Co., Illnois, daughter of WILLIAM CLARK and LULU WOOLHEATHER. She was born June 24, 1904 in McCausland, Scott County, Iowa, and died September 05, 1966 in Clinton, Iowa.
Notes for MARION JAMES HUGUNIN:
MARION J. HUGUNIN
Marion J. Hugunin, 62, of Camanche, Died this morning in Jane Lamb Hospital. He had been in failing health for two years. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday in the Snell-Smith funeral home with the Rev. Robert Barnum of the Foursquare Gospel Church officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home beginning at noon Friday. He was born Dec. 16, 1899 in Camanche, the son of George and Catherine Tierney Hugunin. He was married Dec. 7, 1920 in Morrison, Ill. to Dora Edna Clark. He had been employed by the Davenport and Rock Island Railroad since 1924. Survivors include his widow; three daughters, Mrs. Elzie (Mary) Williams, Mrs. Joseph (Rosie) Wagner, and Mrs. Raymond (JoAnn) Wagner, all of Camanche; seven grandchildren; and two sisters, Mrs. Nimieoko Mace of Camanche and Mrs. Rudolph Werderman Sr. of LeClaire. He was preceded in death by his parents.
MARION J. HUGUNIN
Funeral services for Marion J. Hugunin, 62, of Camanche, who died Thursday in Jane Lamb , were at 2 p.m. today in the Snell-Smith funeral home. The Rev. Robert Barnum of the Foursquare Gospel Church officiated. Burial was in Rose Hill cemetery, Camanche. Mrs. L. A. Wiley was the organist. Mrs. Evelyn Thompson was the vocalist. Pallbearers were Roy Mooney, Evertt Grim, Ron Pruett, Bryson Parr, William Parr, and Bev Tyler.
More About MARION JAMES HUGUNIN:
Burial: November 24, 1962, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Notes for DORTHY EDNA CLARK:
MRS. DOROTHY HUGUNIN
Mrs. Dorothy Hugunin, 62 of 924 8th Ave., Camanche, died unexpectedly Sunday morning in Jane Lamb hospital, where she was taken at midnight from work at a local restaurant. The body is in the Snell-Smith funeral home where friends may call beginning this afternoon. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the funeral home with Rev. W. L. McGinnis of the Four Square Gospel church officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill cemetery in Camanche. Pallbearers will be Art Thomsen, Ronnie Pruett, Donald Cady, Chris Bolte, Bob Bolte and Clyde Shadle. Dorothy was born June 24, 1904 in Scott county, the daughter of William H. and Lulu Woolheater Clark. She lived most of her life in Clinton county. She was married to Marion J. Hugunin, Dec. 7, 1920 in Morrison, Ill. He died in 1962. Surviving are three daughters, Mrs. E.C. Williams, Mrs. Joseph (Rosie) Wagner, and Mrs. Raymond (JoAnn) Wagner, all of Camanche; nine grandchildren; one sister, Mr. Mae Hand of Davenport, and one brother, Warren Clark of Clinton.
More About DORTHY EDNA CLARK:
Burial: September 06, 1966, Rose Hill Cemetery Camanche, Iowa
Children of MARION HUGUNIN and DORTHY CLARK are:
18. i. MARY LEE5 HUGUNIN, b. December 25, 1920, Clinton, Iowa; d. April 04, 1999, Davenport, Iowa.
19. ii. ROSIE HUGUNIN, b. May 30, 1927, Camanche, Iowa; d. January 13, 1997, Clinton, Iowa.
20. iii. JOANN HUGUNIN.
13. ETHEL4 HUGUNIN (GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born June 15, 1908. She married RUDOLPH C. WERDERMAN April 25, 1937. He was born June 16, 1904.
Child of ETHEL HUGUNIN and RUDOLPH WERDERMAN is:
21. i. RUDOLPH CARL JOHN5 WERDERMAN, b. March 03, 1938.
14. FRED4 HUGUNIN (CHARLES3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born March 31, 1894 in Camanche, Iowa, and died October 27, 1979 in Camanche, Iowa. He married DOROTHIA M. PAPE 1916 in Davenport, Iowa. She was born 1896 in Davenport, Iowa, and died 1970 in Camanche, Iowa.
Notes for FRED HUGUNIN:
Clinton Herald 10/29/79
FRED C. HUGUNIN
The funeral was 1:30 p.m. today at Snell-Zornig Funeral Home for Fred C. Hugunin, 85, of 809 First St., Camanche, who died Saturday at Bluff Terrace Nursing Home. The Rev. David Stimson of First Baptist Church of Camanche officiated. Burial was in Rose Hill Cemetery in Camanche. Pallbearers will be Vern Simpson, Amos Gordon, Bill Gordon, Alvin Hansen, Harold Shaw and Nick Peterson. Mr. Hugunin was born March 31, 1894, at Camanche, to Charles and Kitty Skiff Hugunin. He married Dorothea Pape in 1916 in Davenport. She died in 1970. He was a retired employee of Chicago and North Western Railroad, a commercial fisherman and a former employee of the U.S. Cost Guard responsible for channel lighting on the Mississippi River. Survivors include a daughter, Mrs. Charles (Jeanette) Hansen, Camanche; a son, Carroll F., Camanche; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a brother.
More About FRED HUGUNIN:
Burial: 1979, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
More About DOROTHIA M. PAPE:
Burial: 1970, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Children of FRED HUGUNIN and DOROTHIA PAPE are:
i. JEANETTE5 HUGUNIN.
22. ii. CARROLL FRED HUGUNIN, b. March 02, 1945, Camanche, Iowa; d. December 04, 1993, Camanche, Iowa.
15. KENNETH4 HUGUNIN (CLYDE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born October 31, 1918 in Camanche, Iowa, and died November 11, 2000 in Camanche, Iowa. He married ALBERTA J. PLATT July 19, 1941 in Camanche, IA, daughter of ALBERT PLATT and LULU PEASE. She was born June 09, 1919 in Camanche, Iowa, and died February 01, 2004 in Kansas City, Kansas.
More About KENNETH HUGUNIN:
Burial: November 2000, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Notes for ALBERTA J. PLATT:
Hugunin service is set (Clinton Herald Feb. 5, 2004)
KANSAS, CITY, Kan. -- Alberta J. Hugunin, 84, of Kansas City and formerly of Camanche died Sunday at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City. Services will be at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig-Dennis A. Lemke at 11 a.m. Saturday. Visitation will be at funeral home from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche. She was born June 9, 1919, in Camanche to Albert C. and Lulu Pease Platt. She married Kenneth H. Hugunin on July 13, 1941, in Camanche. He died in 2000. She was a member of St. Mark's United Methodist. She was a homemaker and also sold World Book Encyclopedias for eight years. For the past four years she made handmade creating cards with all the proceeds going to her church. Survivors include three daughters, Mrs. Vicki (Jack) Mahan of Sebastian, Fla., Laurel Sherwood of Cedar Rapids and Mrs. Trudy (Joel) Masden of Kansas City; four grandchildren; one great-grandson; and one sister, Mary Tyler of Camanche. She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters and one brother. Memorials may made to St. Mark's United Methodist Church or the Camanche Fire Department. Death Date Feb. 1, 2004.
More About ALBERTA J. PLATT:
Burial: February 07, 2004, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Children of KENNETH HUGUNIN and ALBERTA PLATT are:
i. VICKI5 HUGUNIN, m. JACK MAHAN.
ii. LAUREL HUGUNIN, m. UNKNOWN SHERWOOD.
iii. TRUDY HUGUNIN, m. JEOL MASDEN.
16. PHYLLIS RUTH4 HUGUNIN (CLYDE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born March 22, 1921 in Camanche, Iowa, and died April 06, 2004 in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. She married JOHN RAPHAEL MCDONNELL March 06, 1943 in Camanche, IA. He died 1966.
Notes for PHYLLIS RUTH HUGUNIN:
Clinton Herald 4 May 2004
Sturgeon Bay, Wis.
Phyllis Ruth Hugunin McDonnell, 83, of Sturgeon Bay, died April 6 at Door County Memorial Hospital. A private family grave side service will be held at Rose Hill Cemetery in Camanche at 3 p.m. Saturday. She was born March 22, 1921, in Camanche to Clyde and Ione Louise Hoover Hugunin. On March 6, 1943, she married John Raphael McDonnell in Camanche. He died in 1966. She was a graduate of Clinton High School. Survivors include five daughters, Mrs. Judith (James) Galbraith of Madison, Wis., Mrs. Patricia (David "Tom") Johnston of Madison, Ala., Mrs. Susan (Thomas) Short of Sturgeon Bay, Mrs. Cheryl (Dennis) Zambataro of Alpharetta, Ga., and Nancy McDonnell of Sturgeon Bay; 12 grand-children; five great-grand-children; and on sister, Lois Schultz of Clinton. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, on sister, and two brothers.
Death Date: April 6, 2004
More About PHYLLIS RUTH HUGUNIN:
Burial: May 08, 2004, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Children of PHYLLIS HUGUNIN and JOHN MCDONNELL are:
i. JUDITH5 MCDONNELL, m. JAMES GALBRAITH.
ii. PATRICIA MCDONNELL, m. DAVID JOHNSTON.
iii. SUSAN MCDONNELL, m. THOMAS SHORT.
iv. CHERYL MCDONNELL, m. DENNIS ZAMBATARO.
v. NANCY MCDONNELL.
17. LOUIS E.4 HUGUNIN (THOMAS3, THOMAS2, JOHN1) was born May 19, 1922 in Camanche, IA, and died April 29, 2008 in Camanche, IA. He married ANNA F. THOMSEN March 02, 1948 in Clinton, IA. She died February 04, 2008.
Notes for LOUIS E. HUGUNIN:
Louis E. Hugunin
In Loving Memory1922-2008 CAMANCHE — Louis E. Hugunin, 85, of Camanche, Iowa, died Tuesday April 29, 2008, at Prairie Hills in Clinton. Services will be held on Saturday, May 3, 2008, at 11:00 a.m. at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, May 2, 2008, at the Camanche Chapel Snell Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche. Pallbearers will be grandsons, Tim and Travis Hugunin, Brian and Brad Borrison, Dean Inskeep and Dennis Wilson. Honorary pallbearers will be Sarah Reineck and Julene Wilson. Louis was born May 19, 1922, in Camanche, Iowa, the son of Thomas and Nellie Frazier Hugunin. He married Anna F. Thomsen March 2, 1948, in Clinton, Iowa; she died February 4, 2008. Louis was a 1939 Clinton High School graduate. He served with the United States Army in the South Pacific during WWII. Louis retired as manager from Eclipse Lumber Company for more than 40 years of employment. He was a member of the Camanche VFW and the Camanche Historical Society. Survivors include his; daughter, Sharon Inskeep of Bloomfield, IA; son, Michael (Betty) Hugunin of Des Moines, IA; son, Ed (Cheryl) Hugunin of Fulton, IL, and daughter, LuAnn (Dennis) Borrison of Camanche, IA; 8 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren. In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents, 2 brothers and 4 sisters. Memorials may be made to the Camanche Public Library or to the family. Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.Death date: April 29, 2008
Published in the Clinton Herald 5/1/2008.
More About LOUIS E. HUGUNIN:
Burial: May 03, 2008, Prairie Hills, Clinton, IA
Children of LOUIS HUGUNIN and ANNA THOMSEN are:
i. SHARON5 HUGUNIN, m. UNKNOWN INSKEEP.
ii. MICHAEL HUGUNIN, m. BETTY.
iii. ED HUGUNIN, m. CHERYL.
iv. LUANN HUGUNIN, m. DENNIS BORRISON.
Generation No. 5
18. MARY LEE5 HUGUNIN (MARION JAMES4, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born December 25, 1920 in Clinton, Iowa, and died April 04, 1999 in Davenport, Iowa. She married ELZIE CECIL WILLIAMS January 27, 1946 in Clinton, Iowa, son of GEORGE WILLIAMS and MELVINA WEST. He was born August 13, 1919 in Arcadia, Missouri, and died January 06, 1997 in Camanche, Iowa.
Notes for MARY LEE HUGUNIN:
Mary Williams Funeral Wednesday
CAMANCHE -- Mary Lee Williams 78, of 1512 6th Ave., Camanche, died Sunday in Genesis Medical Center East, Davenport. The funeral will be 2 p.m. Wednesday at Camanche Chapel, Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory with the Rev. Michael Bahr officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday in the funeral home. Interment will be in Rose Hill Cemetery. She was born Dec. 25, 1920, in Clinton, to Marion and Dorothy Clark Hugunin. She married Elzie C. Williams, Jan. 27, 1946, in Clinton. He died Jan, 6, 1997. She had been employed with Grant's, McLane's and Mercy Hospital. She was a member of First Baptist Church, Camanche, and a former charter member of the VFW Auxiliary. Survivors include two sons, Glenn A. Williams of Camanche, and Paul J. Williams of Blythe, Calif.; a daughter, Patricia Williams of Ridgefield, N.J.; a sister, Mrs. JoAnn (Raymond) Wagner of Camanche; seven grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and several step-great-grandchildren and step-great-great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a sister. Death date: April 4, 1999.
More About MARY LEE HUGUNIN:
Burial: April 07, 1999, Rose Hill Cemetery
Notes for ELZIE CECIL WILLIAMS:
Elzie Williams funeral is Thursday
CAMANCHE -- The funeral will be 1 P.M. Thursday at Camanche Chaple, Snell-Zornig Funeral Home for Elzie Cecil Williams, 77, of 1512 Sixth Ave. He died Monday at Samaritan North. The Rev. Michael Bahr of First Baptist Church, Camanche, will officiate. Military rites will be accorded. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at he funeral home. Private burial will be at a later date at Rose Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Tom Holm, Jeff and Orren Thompson, Robert Logsdon and Todd and Harold Striley. He was born Aug. 13, 1919 in Iron County, Mo., to George Washington and Mevina West Williams. He married Mary Lee Hugunin, Jan. 27, 1946, in Clinton. He was employed with Clinton Corn Processing for 27 years, retiring in 1981. He was a veteran of World War II, serving in the United States Army. He had been a Prisoner of War (POW) during World War II for Three and a half years in Japan. He was a member of the VFW No. 9664, a life member of the Disabled American Veterans Chapter Two, a life member of the American Defenders of Batan and Corregidor, a member of the Clinton Corn 25-Year Club and Church of the Open Door. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Patricia Kathleen Williams of Everett, Wash.; two sons, Paul J. Williams of Blythe, Calif., and Glenn A. Williams of Korea; seven grandchildren; several step-grandchildren, step-great-grandchildren, and step-great-great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ruth Thompson and Mrs. Lovie (Ronie) Pruett, both of Camanche. He was preceded in death by two brothers and five sisters.
World War II Prisoners of War Data File, 12/7/1941 - 11/19/1946
Name: Williams, Elzie C.
Grade: Staff Sergeant
Branch: Coast Artillery Corps
Date of Report: 07 05 1942
Area: Southwest Pacific Theatre: Philippine Islands
Last Date Reported: 02 10 1945
Status: Returned to Military Control, Liberated or Repatriated
Detaining Power: JAPAN
Camp: Fukuoka POW Camp #1 - Kashii (Pine Tree Camp) Kyushu Island 33-130
More About ELZIE CECIL WILLIAMS:
Burial: Rose Hill Cemetery
Education: April 28, 1934, Graduated Eight Elementary Grades
Military service: February 01, 1946, Honorable Discharge
Children of MARY HUGUNIN and ELZIE WILLIAMS are:
23. i. GLENN ALAN6 WILLIAMS, b. October 12, 1956, Clinton, Iowa.
24. ii. PAUL JAMES WILLIAMS, b. March 02, 1947, Clinton, Iowa.
iii. PATRICIA KATHILINE WILLIAMS.
19. ROSIE5 HUGUNIN (MARION JAMES4, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born May 30, 1927 in Camanche, Iowa, and died January 13, 1997 in Clinton, Iowa. She married JOSEPH WAGNER August 12, 1950 in Camanche, IA. He was born July 08, 1928.
More About ROSIE HUGUNIN:
Burial: January 16, 1997, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Children of ROSIE HUGUNIN and JOSEPH WAGNER are:
25. i. JAMES6 WAGNER, b. December 07, 1951, Clinton, Iowa.
26. ii. JOSEPH WAGNER.
iii. JAY WAGNER.
20. JOANN5 HUGUNIN (MARION JAMES4, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) She married RAYMOND WAGNER.
Children of JOANN HUGUNIN and RAYMOND WAGNER are:
i. CATHY6 WAGNER.
ii. DANNY WAGNER.
21. RUDOLPH CARL JOHN5 WERDERMAN (ETHEL4 HUGUNIN, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born March 03, 1938. He married MARIE SIDLINGER November 07, 1958. She was born July 23, 1938.
Children of RUDOLPH WERDERMAN and MARIE SIDLINGER are:
27. i. JULIE RAE6 WERDERMAN, b. September 06, 1959.
28. ii. JEFF WERDERMAN, b. July 17, 1970.
22. CARROLL FRED5 HUGUNIN (FRED4, CHARLES3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born March 02, 1945 in Camanche, Iowa, and died December 04, 1993 in Camanche, Iowa. He married PENNY RAE LOTT.
More About CARROLL FRED HUGUNIN:
Burial: 1993, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Children of CARROLL HUGUNIN and PENNY LOTT are:
i. BRADLEY6 HUGUNIN.
ii. SCOTT HUGUNIN.
iii. COREY HUGUNIN.
Generation No. 6
23. GLENN ALAN6 WILLIAMS (MARY LEE5 HUGUNIN, MARION JAMES4, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born October 12, 1956 in Clinton, Iowa. He married (1) HARLA WYNN HARKNESS. He married (2) YON HUI KIM November 21, 1996 in South Korea. She was born January 06, 1964 in South Korea.
More About GLENN ALAN WILLIAMS:
Military service: July 07, 1974, DesMoines, Iowa
Retirement: August 30, 1994, Korea
Children of GLENN WILLIAMS and HARLA HARKNESS are:
i. WYNDI MARIE7 WILLIAMS, b. April 20, 1976, Alexandrea, VA.
ii. JENNIFER LYNN WILLIAMS, b. December 10, 1980, Honolulu, HI.
24. PAUL JAMES6 WILLIAMS (MARY LEE5 HUGUNIN, MARION JAMES4, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born March 02, 1947 in Clinton, Iowa. He married SHIRLEY MERIE CARLO November 09, 1979 in Searchlight, NV. She was born April 10, 1935 in Milwaukee, WA.
Children of PAUL WILLIAMS and SHIRLEY CARLO are:
i. DARRYL7 DALZIN.
ii. CYNTHIA DALZIN, m. STEVE DYMOND.
iii. KAREN DALZIN.
25. JAMES6 WAGNER (ROSIE5 HUGUNIN, MARION JAMES4, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born December 07, 1951 in Clinton, Iowa. He married BARBARA A. VAN BUSKIRK April 07, 1971 in Clinton, Iowa. She was born July 23, 1953 in Louisa, KY, and died February 04, 2003 in Clinton, Iowa.
More About BARBARA A. VAN BUSKIRK:
Burial: February 08, 2003, Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, Iowa
Children of JAMES WAGNER and BARBARA VAN BUSKIRK are:
i. TINA7 LAWRENCE.
ii. JENNIFER LOPEZ.
iii. JAMES WAGNER JR..
iv. GERALD WAGNER.
26. JOSEPH6 WAGNER (ROSIE5 HUGUNIN, MARION JAMES4, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) He married JOYCE EILEEN TURNER June 28, 1979 in Clinton, Iowa.
Notes for JOSEPH WAGNER:
The Clinton Herald
Clinton -- Joseph Eugene and Joyce Eileen Wagner of Clinton will celebrate their 25th anniversary with a trip at later date. The former Joyce Turner and Joseph Wagner were married June 28, 1979, in Clinton. They are the parents of two children, Heather and Joseph Wagner Jr., both of Clinton. They have one grandchild. He is employed with Freight Master Trucking. She is employed with Mercy Medical Center.
Children of JOSEPH WAGNER and JOYCE TURNER are:
i. HEATHER7 WAGNER.
ii. JOSEPH WAGNER JR..
27. JULIE RAE6 WERDERMAN (RUDOLPH CARL JOHN5, ETHEL4 HUGUNIN, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born September 06, 1959. She married RANDY CHRISTNER October 08, 1977. He was born September 17, 1956.
Child of JULIE WERDERMAN and RANDY CHRISTNER is:
i. JARED7 CHRISTNER, b. December 05, 1982.
28. JEFF6 WERDERMAN (RUDOLPH CARL JOHN5, ETHEL4 HUGUNIN, GEORGE3, ROBERT FINLEY2, JOHN1) was born July 17, 1970.
Child of JEFF WERDERMAN is:
i. CHASE7 WERDERMAN, b. November 07, 1998.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids