Picture Taken in 1899 was added to the article.
William Andrew DeBusk was the origninal owner
of this house. He came to Texas from Lee
County, Virginia following the Civil War.
A party of 10 people, which included Elias
DeBusk, Martha Edmondson, and their 3 children
Elijah , Susan, and William Andrew and their
family and a brother Christopher DeBusk,
left Lee County, Virginia in 1868 in a covered
wagon for Texas. They came through the Cumberland
Gap and down the Boone Trail to the ferry
at Boonsboro. The trip to Texas took them
9 weeks. They originally settled in Collins
County, Texas. In 1875 they moved to the
northwest corner of Brown County, Texas.
The front of this house is in Coleman County
and rest is in Brown County.