- Ralph JEFFERSON of Washington, DC to Emma J. NYMAN, d/o Joseph NYMAN, formerly of Boonsboro, on the 24th ult. at St. Aloysius Church, Washington, by Rev. Charles STONESTREET, S. J. - Joseph GOULDEN to Lucinda HEARD, both of this county, on the 26 ult., by Rev. A. M. EVERS. - Eli MOUR to Susan STINE, both of this county, on the 28th ult, by Rev. Adam J. BOVEY at Jones' Chapel. - Geo. SHEIRING to Maggie SCHMERKER, only daughter of J. J. SCHMERKER, Esq., of Butler, PA, at his home.
- Virginia BOYD, d/o John and Elanore BOYD, on the 2nd, age 5 years, 11 months, 8 days. - Rev. John P. CLINE, on the 20th ult., at Orkney Springs, Shenandoah Co., VA, in his 63rd year.submitted by AB
- Jno. SENTZ to Lucinda REYNOLD, both of near Smithsburg, on the 25th ult. by Rev. S. McHENRY. - Joseph D. GROSSNICKLE to Emma A. STOUFFER, both of Washington County, on the 19th ult., by Elder D. F. STOUFFER, at the home of the bride's father. - Peter NEWCOMER to Maggie FAURNEY, both of Washington County, on the 21st ult., married by her father at his home. - Abraham HOOVER, of Washington County, to Alice C. STOUFFER, of Hagerstown, on the 21st ult., by Rev. J. S. KIEFFER. - Jno. A. VOGLE, of Smithsburg, to Anna WOLF, of Cavetown, on the 23rd ult. - Isaac HOFFMAN to Ann SESSENBAUGH, of Washington County, on the 21st ult. by Rev. J. W. SANTEE. - Henry H. MARTIN to Fannie A. MILLER, of Washington County, on the 21st ult., by Rev. J. W. SANTEE. - Josiah HARP to Mary A. STOTTLEMEYER, of Frederick County, on the 26th ult., by Rev. J. W. SANTEE. - Jacob PRETZLER, of Hagerstown to Mary Jane DINSEMORE, of Smithsburg, MD, on the 25th ult., by Rev. S. McHENRY. - Daniel N. SOUDERS to Lottie STONER, both of Washington County, on the 25th ult., by Rev. C. STARTZMAN at the Lutheran Parsonage, Clearspring. - Alexander O. McCLAIN to Alice V. MENDENHALL, both of Williamsport, on the 20th ult., by Rev. Sr. STROBEL, in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Williamsport. - Mr. Wm. M. TAYLOR to Stelia MADISON, both of Williamsport, on the 20th ult., by Rev. Dr. STROBEL at the Lutheran Parsonage in Williamsport. - Solomons SUMMER to Louisa ROMAN, the youngest daughter of the late Thomas KELLAR, Esq., all of Washington County, on the 28th ult., by Rev. Dr. EDWARDS, at the home of the bride's mother. - Daniel W. KAUFFMAN to Savilla COKENOUR, both of Hagerstown, on the 28th ult., by Rev. J. W. KIRACOFE, at the home of the bride's mother.submitted by AB
- LEWIS, Denton E. to Clara E. BUHRMAN, November 29th, by Rev. X. J. RICHARDSON, at the residence of the bride's father, George BUHRMAN, in Foxville. - SPESSARD, John D. to Martha J. TRITLE, on the 6th inst., near Leitersburg, at the residence of the Bride's father, Jacob TRITLE, all of Washington Co. - SNIVELY, Moses to Rachael JACKSON, both of Washington Co, on November 1, by Elder A. COST near Beaver Creek - FAULDER, John to Rachael E. COX, both of Washington Co, on the 6th inst., by Elder A. COST at the residence of the bride's father near Beaver Creek
- Sarah MILLER, mother of Geo. S. MILLER, on December 5, in her 79th year. Funeral at Greencastle, her former home, on Friday morning at 9 1/2 o'clock.
submitted by AB
- Bridgeport, Connecticut - Jan. 21 – A severe case of diphtheria has been successfully treated with anti-toxine here. The son of John McMANUS, aged 5 years, was stricken Friday. He was given an injection Friday evening, when nearly dead. A second injection was made Saturday, and the child is now out of danger.Submitted by PM
- Herrington, Kansas, May 6 – This town was visited by a cloudburst last night. Lime Creek, which has been dry for a year, was converted into a raging torrent. Houses, horses and cattle were swept down stream. John WILLIAMS’ house was carried away and the family narrowly escaped drowning. The house of Samuel McMANUS was also carried away and wrecked by striking a bridge. McMANUS escaped, but Mrs. McMANUS was drowned.Submitted by PM