Carroll County, Maryland - Newspaper Abstracts
Saturday, January 3, 1880
ALLEMAN - WICKERT
- Luther M. ALLEMAN to Emma L. WICKERT by Rev. M.J. ALLEMAN in
Littlestown, PA on Dec 14, 1879; all of Littlestown.
SENFT - ZEPP
- M. George SENFT to Rachel Ann Rebecca ZEPP by Rev. H.W. KUHNS
on Dec 28, 1879, all of Carroll County.
FLEMMING - MILLER
- Moses K. FLEMMING to Deracey E. MILLER by Rev. H.W. KUHNS on
Dec 30, 1879, all of Carroll County.
FLICKINGER - PITZER
- Samuel J. FLICKINGER of Carroll County to Amanda C. PITZER of
Adams County, PA by Rev. E.J. METZLER on Dec 23, 1879.
NEWDECKER - BARNHART
- Jonas NEUDECKER to Catharine BARNHART by Rev. C.C. CRONIN on
Dec 25, 1879, all of Carroll County
BERRY - BIXLER
- John BERRY of Westminster to Ellen BIXLER of Manchester by
Rev. J. JONES at the bride's residence on Dec 29, 1879.
SHIPLEY - SHIPLEY
- Joseph H. SHIPLEY to Mary A. SHIPLEY by Rev. C.C. CRONIN on
Dec 24, 1879, all of Carroll County.
POOLE - SHIPLEY
- Benjamin P. POOLE to Marietta V. SHIPLEY by Rev. C.C. CRONIN on
Dec 23, 1879, all of Carroll County.
- Edward DEVILBISS at Pleasant Valley on Jan 1st, 1880 in the
57th year of his age.
- John Martin SYKES, s/o Columbus W. and A. P. SYKES, died in
Baltimore on Dec 1, 1879; age 5y.1m.14d
- Alanson White SYKES, s/o Columbus W. and A. P. SYKES, died in
Houcksville on Dec 21, 1879 of diptheric croup; age 3y.6m.6d.
- Isaac MYERS died in Frizzleburg on Jan 2, 1880; age 83 years.
- Maggie E. CHEW, d/o John H. CHEW of Carrollton, died in Baltimore
on Dec 17, 1879; age 26y.6m.12d.
- Michael BABYLON died in Frizzleburg on Dec 12, 1879, of heart
disease and paralysis; age 70y.8m.13d.
- Maryland News
- A three year old son of John A. BIDEL living near Middletown,
in Frederick County, was burned to death last week by his
clothing accidentally catching fire from the stove.
- A quarrel at Jefferson, Frederick County, on Tuesday night
between Martin HOUSE Jr. and William JOHNSON, two young men of
that village, terminated by Johnson stabbing House between the
9th and 10th ribs, dangerously wounding him - Johnson escaped.
Saturday, April 17, 1880
Theodore SHRINER and Martha J. FLEAGLE, both of Carroll County were
married March 21, 1880 in Littlestown, PA by Rev. John AULT.
News Abstracts at MidMdRoots.com
website by Dorinda Davis Shepley
March 31, 2006