Grandma Kathryn Goss Mc Kenna
The Pall Family
Descendants of Janos Pal
Generation No. 1
1. JANOS PAL was born April 1845 in Hungary (Austria). He married MARIE HAMALA. She was born March 1850 in Hungary.
Notes for JANOS PAL:
The spelling of "Pall" came about when my grandparents came to New York City in 1874. The extra "L" was added by persons unknown. On the Naturalization Papers the name was spelled both ways.
In Hungarian the surname comes first and the given name last therefore his name would be Pal Janos.
From Naturalization Application
Family name: John Pal
Title & location of court: Common Pleas Court, New York City
Date of Naturalization: Sept 13 1880
Bundle No.: 512
Copy of Record No. : 61
Address of Naturalized Person: 115 Chrystie St. N.Y.C.
Occupation of person: Tailor
Birth date or age: Left blank
Former Nationality: Austrian
Port of Arrival in the United States: left blank
Date of arrival: left blank
Name & address of witness to naturalization: Julius Nimsgern, 126 East 71st St, N.Y.C
Notes for MARIE HAMALA:
Grandmother to John A. Pall, Jr.
Mary or Marie was the mother of 10 children. Evidently 3 died before 1900 as shown in the 1900 census.
Children of JANOS PAL and MARIE HAMALA are:
i. ANTHONY PALL, b. July 1874, New York City New York.
ii. GEORGE PALL, b. April 1876, New York City New York.
iii. ANNIE PALL, b. August 1880, New York City New York.
iv. JENNY PALL, b. July 1883, New York City New York.
v. JOHN ANTHONY PALL, b. June 23, 1885, Manhattan, N.Y. died July 18, 1964, Leonia, N.J..
vi. NELLIE PALL, b. April 1887, New York City New York.
vii. CARRIE PALL, b. April 1889, New York City New York.
viii. ALADAR was born sometime after 1900 as his name does not show up in the 1900 census and is not shown in the 1920 census.
Uncle Aladar is the only one that I remember, he never married, and died sometime in the 1940's.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN ANTHONY PALL (JANOS PAL) was born June 23, 1885 in Manhattan, N.Y., and died July 18, 1964 in Leonia, N.J.. He married SADIE GERALDINE MC KENNA July 15, 1914 in New York City, New York. She was born June 09, 1889 in Brooklyn, New York, and died September 26, 1983 in Englewood Hospital, Englewood, New Jersey.
More About JOHN ANTHONY PALL:
Buried July 23, 1964, Tenafly, N.J.
More About SADIE GERALDINE MC KENNA:
Buried September 29, 1983, Tenafly, N.J.
Children of JOHN PALL and SADIE MC KENNA are:
i. JEAN ANTOINETTE PALL, b. October 16, 1917, Hackensack, N.J..
Notes for JEAN ANTOINETTE PALL:
Jean was cremated and the ashes were spread over the grave of her parents in the Mount Carmel Cemetery in Tenefly, New Jersey.
Jean lived to be 80 years, 10 months and 20 days of age.
3. ii. JOHN ANTHONY PALL, JR., b. August 23, 1925, Hackensack, N.J..
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN ANTHONY PALL, JR. (JOHN ANTHONY, JANOS PAL) was born August 23, 1925 in Hackensack, N.J.. He married BLANCHE AMELIA MEAD October 31, 1947 in Westwood, Bergen County, New Jersey, daughter of FRANKLIN E. MEAD and LILA BOMM. She was born May 15, 1927 in Westwood, Bergen County, New Jersey.
Children of JOHN PALL and BLANCHE MEAD are:
4. i. BRUCE DAVID PALL, b. April 27, 1949, Englewood, N.J. . Died July 30, 1991, Orlando, FL..
5. ii. NANCY ANN PALL, b. May 25, 1951, Englewood, N.J..
iii. KATHLEEN ELIZABETH PALL, b. August 16, 1965, Denville, N.J.. married DAVID CLARK.
iv. JOANNE RUTH PALL, b. May 28, 1967, Denville, N.J..
Generation No. 4
4. BRUCE DAVID PALL (JOHN ANTHONY, JOHN ANTHONY, JANOS PAL) was born April 27, 1949 in Englewood, N.J., and died July 30, 1991 in Orlando, FL.. He married BEVERLY DORLOS MESLAR in Raleigh, N.C.. She was born September 26, 1950 in Summit, N.J..
Notes for BRUCE DAVID PALL:
Bruce died from heart failure due to his bout with Lymphobia cancer.
Bruce is buried at the Volusia Memorial Park, Ormond Beach Florida. 550 N. Nova Rd 32174 (904)677-8979. Location of gravesite is Garden of Faith, Lot 85 D, Space 13.
More About BRUCE DAVID PALL:
Buried August 03, 1991, Ormond Beach, FL.
Children of BRUCE DAVID PALL and BEVERLY MESLAR are:
6. i. BELINDA DAWN PALL, b. February 14, 1976, Palatka, FL..
ii. BRANDON DIJON PALL, b. December 16, 1982, Daytona Beach, FL..
5. NANCY ANN PALL (JOHN ANTHONY, JOHN ANTHONY, JANOS PAL) was born May 25, 1951 in Englewood, N.J.. She married ROBERT JAMES PALMA in Coopersville, Michigan.
More About NANCY ANN PALL:
Married March 08, 1981, County Line Baptist Church, Coopersville MI
Children of NANCY PALL and ROBERT PALMA are:
i. JAMES KEITH5 PALMA, b. June 27, 1974, Grand Rapids Michigan; married MAIA LISETTE CZETOTAR, May 25, 1996, U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland.
James graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy on May 24, 1996 and continued his education at the Bethesda Naval Hospital where he became Doctor James Palma on May 20, 2000
ii. MARLENA JO PALMA, b. August 28, 1977, Grand Rapids, Michigan; . married DARYL ARTHUR BURGHARDT, June 24, 2000, County Line Baptist Church, Coopersville, Michigan.
See " Pall Pictures" for more about James.
Generation No. 5
6. BELINDA DAWN PALL (BRUCE DAVID, JOHN ANTHONY, JOHN ANTHONY, JANOS PAL) was born February 14, 1976 in Palatka, FL.. She married GARY ROBERT MICHAUX January 23, 1999. He was born July 11, 1970.
Children of BELINDA DAWN PALL and GARY MICHAUX are:
i. COLLETTE MONIQUE MICHAUX, b. December 24, 1993.
ii. CODY MICHAEL MICHAUX, b. August 16, 2000.
Notes for CODY MICHAEL MICHAUX:
Baby Cody weighed 7lbs and was 21 inches long.Grandma Mc Kenna was the only grand parent that I ever knew or remember.
On the back of the picture in her handwriting is the note:
" To my little grandson. Hope you will like it. 3 months of 70 years"
She died at age 72 in Dodge City, Kansas and was buried at North Arlington, N.J.
with her daughter, Charlotte Mc Kenna Moran who died in 1932.