These descendancy narratives or
research reports are preliminary in nature. Thanks are owed to several people who have helped in this research.
- Arthur Gifford Goss, for his work in Loveland, Colorado, records;
- Jeanne Smith, for updates on modern Gifford descendants and especially for the photograph of
Eunice (Case) Gifford;]
- Jean Alve, Spencer, New York, town historian, for her generosity and for her fine work in Spencer records;
- F. Marshall Case, for all his time and trouble in showing me around and answering my many questions;
- Jim and Suzanne Case, for their kind hospitality and patience in allowing me to photograph their many family papers;
- Donald Stanton, who generously shared a treasure trove of family letters with me;
- Jenny Lofgren, for sharing the results of her wonderful work on the Hattie (Case) Crowe line;
- David Stielow, who grabbed the Silas Nelson family Bible away from me on eBay, but who kindly shared
said Bible, as well as information on the Naaman Case and James McLallen lines;
- and my wonderful daughter, for her scut work at the Connecticut Historical Society Library, which she claims was fun.
Also, anyone researching Bradford County, Pennsylvania, families owes a debt of gratitude to Joyce Tice
and her army of volunteers. Joyce's Tri-Counties Genealogy and History
site may be the best county resource on the web!
Case Family Research: Table of Contents
Case Family Research, Introduction-->
Please mail comments and suggestions to Susan Johnston at
These pages copyright January 2003
by Susan Goss Johnston; revised March 2003; updated March 2004.
You may link to these pages, but do not copy
them without the written permission of the author.