Descendants of Brian McVann
Generation No. 1
1. BRIAN1 MCVANN was born Abt. 1810 in Banada, Tourlestrane, Ireland. He married ROSE GAVAGHAN. She was born Abt. 1818 in Kilmactigue, County Sligo, Ireland.
Children of BRIAN MCVANN and ROSE GAVAGHAN are:
2. i. MARTIN2 MCVAN, b. November 11, 1844, Banada, Tourlestrane, County Sligo Ireland(1851 on natur.); d. October 22, 1930.
3. ii. JAMES MCVAN, b. Abt. 1846, Banada, Tourlestrane, Ireland; d. Abt. 1900.
iii. HUGH MCVAN, b. 1846, County Sligo, Ireland; d. August 04, 1885, Philadelphia -age abt. 40 (from Bucks County Intelligencer death notices).
iv. BRYAN MCVAN1, b. April 18, 1847, Cladagh, Ireland.
Generation No. 2
2. MARTIN2 MCVAN (BRIAN1 MCVANN) was born November 11, 1844 in Banada, Tourlestrane, County Sligo Ireland(1851 on natur.), and died October 22, 1930. He married MARY ELIZABETH RAISNER February 10, 1880 in Catholic marriage service-by Rev. Henry Stommer - St. Mary's Catholic Church Doylestown, PA (now Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel)2, daughter of AARON RAISNER and MARGARET ADDIS. She was born March 08, 1854 in Neshaminy, PA - ? or 1856, and died May 18, 1911 in buried in OLMC. North Wales, PA tombstone says Elizabeth.
More About MARTIN MCVAN and MARY RAISNER:
Marriage: February 10, 1880, Catholic marriage service-by Rev. Henry Stommer - St. Mary's Catholic Church Doylestown, PA (now Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel)2
Children of MARTIN MCVAN and MARY RAISNER are:
4. i. BERNARD J.3 MCVAN, b. April 24, 1882; d. December 1970, St. Mary Cemetery, Doylestown, PA.
5. ii. HUGH PATRICK MCVAN, b. May 01, 1885, Cherry Lane, Doylestown, PA; d. October 04, 1975.
iii. JOSEPH A. MCVAN, b. May 01, 1885; d. May 01, 1885, in infancy. buried at OLMC.
6. iv. MARY ROSE MCVAN, b. February 20, 1890; d. April 04, 1980.
7. v. JOHN A. MCVAN, b. 1894; d. October 25, 1945, Lansdale, Montgomery County, PA.
3. JAMES2 MCVAN (BRIAN1 MCVANN) was born Abt. 1846 in Banada, Tourlestrane, Ireland, and died Abt. 1900. He married NANCY KELLEY OR KELLY in Banada, Ireland. She died 1916.
More About JAMES MCVAN and NANCY KELLY:
Marriage: Banada, Ireland
Children of JAMES MCVAN and NANCY KELLY are:
8. i. MARY ANNE3 MCVAN.
9. ii. BRIDGET MCVAN, b. October 03, 1869, on a small farm in Banada by the River Moy; d. November 1960, Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA.
iii. MICHAEL MCVAN, b. Bet. 1868 - 1880.
10. iv. HUGH MCVAN, b. 1879; d. 1954.
11. v. KATE MCVANN.
vi. ? MCVANN.
vii. ? MCVANN.
viii. ? MCVANN.
ix. ? MCVANN.
x. ? MCVANN.
Generation No. 3
4. BERNARD J.3 MCVAN (MARTIN2, BRIAN1 MCVANN) was born April 24, 1882, and died December 1970 in St. Mary Cemetery, Doylestown, PA. He married MARY J. GRIFFIN. She was born 1885, and died 1935 in St. Mary Cemetery, Doylestown, PA.
Children of BERNARD MCVAN and MARY GRIFFIN are:
i. ELIZABETH4 MCVAN, b. Called "Lizzie"; m. CYRIL BOWMAN.
ii. MARY MCVAN, d. 1993; m. ROBERT MCKENNA.
iii. BERNARD MCVAN, JR, b. July 02, 1920; d. October 03, 1997, from SS # records; m. CATHERINE.
5. HUGH PATRICK3 MCVAN (MARTIN2, BRIAN1 MCVANN) was born May 01, 1885 in Cherry Lane, Doylestown, PA, and died October 04, 1975. He married MARGARET MARY MCKENNA January 17, 1906 in Church of the Immaculate Conception, Jenkintown, PA - by Father Strahan, daughter of JOHN MCKENNA and MARGARET MARY. She was born August 15, 1881 in Used 8/15/85 so no one knew she was older then her husband, and died May 13, 1966 in 158 E. Oakland Ave., Doylestown, PA 18901(residence) - viewing was in home also.
More About HUGH MCVAN and MARGARET MCKENNA:
Marriage: January 17, 1906, Church of the Immaculate Conception, Jenkintown, PA - by Father Strahan
Witnesses: 1906, Bernard McVan and Maria McVan
Children of HUGH MCVAN and MARGARET MCKENNA are:
i. MARTIN P.4 MCVAN, b. February 19, 1907; d. October 30, 1977; m. ANNA MAE COOLEY; b. 1907; d. 1985.
ii. MARY MCVAN, b. 1908; d. 1908.
iii. ANSELM MCVAN, b. 1911; d. 1919, in flu epidemic.
iv. JOSEPH A. MCVAN, b. February 08, 1913; d. July 16, 1991, Holmesburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
v. MARGARET MARY MCVAN, b. February 26, 1915; d. October 10, 1996, Pine Run Community; m. ROY MOYER CROUTHAMEL, December 18, 1940, Doylestown, PA- in chapel at Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel Roman Catholic Church because she was marrying a non-Catholic-married by Rev. John J. Sefton; b. March 14, 1912, Silverdale, Bucks County, PA - date wrong on tombstone; d. April 07, 1979, Doylestown, PA.
Marriage Notes for MARGARET MCVAN and ROY CROUTHAMEL:
Both families did not approve of the marriage because of the mixed religions
More About ROY CROUTHAMEL and MARGARET MCVAN:
Marriage: December 18, 1940, Doylestown, PA- in chapel at Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel Roman Catholic Church because she was marrying a non-Catholic-married by Rev. John J. Sefton
vi. TERESA MCVAN, b. 1923; d. 1923.
6. MARY ROSE3 MCVAN (MARTIN2, BRIAN1 MCVANN) was born February 20, 1890, and died April 04, 1980. She married FRANCIS CHARLES MCLAUGHLIN June 11, 1913. He was born July 02, 1881, and died August 18, 1966 in Pittsburgh, PA.
More About FRANCIS MCLAUGHLIN and MARY MCVAN:
Marriage: June 11, 1913
Children of MARY MCVAN and FRANCIS MCLAUGHLIN are:
i. MARY FRANCES4 MCLAUGHLIN, b. May 14, 1914; m. JOHN R. HOLLAND, November 22, 1939; b. June 21, 1912.
More About JOHN HOLLAND and MARY MCLAUGHLIN:
Marriage: November 22, 1939
ii. WILLIAM FREDERICK MCLAUGHLIN, b. October 07, 1918; d. February 22, 1936.
7. JOHN A.3 MCVAN (MARTIN2, BRIAN1 MCVANN) was born 1894, and died October 25, 1945 in Lansdale, Montgomery County, PA. He married EDITH M. WINKLER, daughter of GEORGE WINKLER and EMMA ANGENY. She was born Abt. 1895, and died April 29, 1939 in Lansdale, Montgomery County, PA.
Children of JOHN MCVAN and EDITH WINKLER are:
i. JOHN A. MCVAN4 JR., b. December 28, 1921; d. May 24, 2002; m. DOROTHY HINES, October 18, 1941; b. January 07, 1922.
More About JOHN JR. and DOROTHY HINES:
Marriage: October 18, 1941
ii. KENNETH MCVAN, b. February 01, 1925; d. March 18, 1976, Norfolk, VA.
iii. RUTH MCVAN, b. November 05, 1926; d. April 23, 1995; m. DONALD DOUGHERTY; b. Not sure of spellling.
iv. DONALD MCVAN, b. April 05, 1931; m. JOY.
v. ALVERDA MCVAN, b. 1916; d. 1921.
8. MARY ANNE3 MCVAN (JAMES2, BRIAN1 MCVANN) She married WILLIAM BRESNAHAN.
Children of MARY MCVAN and WILLIAM BRESNAHAN are:
i. WILLIAM4 BRESNAHAN.
ii. CATHERINE BRESNAHAN.
9. BRIDGET3 MCVAN (JAMES2, BRIAN1 MCVANN) was born October 03, 1869 in on a small farm in Banada by the River Moy, and died November 1960 in Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA. She married JAMES O'LEARY 1904. He was born 1871 in Inchigeela, County Cork, Ireland, and died 1962.
More About JAMES O'LEARY and BRIDGET MCVAN:
Children of BRIDGET MCVAN and JAMES O'LEARY are:
i. TIMOTHY4 O'LEARY, b. 1905; m. ROSE.
ii. DANIEL HUGH O'LEARY, b. 1907; m. PEG MORIARTY.
iii. ELLEN O'LEARY, b. 1909; d. 1962; m. ? DONNELLY.
iv. JAMES O'LEARY, b. 1911.
v. MARGUERITE O'LEARY, b. 1913; m. FRANK KELLY.
vi. CORNELIUS F. O'LEARY, b. 1915; d. 1942, Killed in actionin the Southwest Pacific off New Guinea.
10. HUGH3 MCVAN (JAMES2, BRIAN1 MCVANN) was born 1879, and died 1954. He married MARGARET MCLOUGHLIN.
Children of HUGH MCVAN and MARGARET MCLOUGHLIN are:
i. MARGARET4 MCVANN.
ii. GERTRUDE MCVANN.
iii. JAMES MCVANN.
iv. HUGH MCVANN.
v. JOHN MCVANN, b. February 05, 1925; d. March 1983, Peabody, MA of cancer.
11. KATE3 MCVANN (JAMES2 MCVAN, BRIAN1 MCVANN) She married THOMAS CLARKE.
Children of KATE MCVANN and THOMAS CLARKE are:
i. ANNE MARY4 CLARKE, b. 1918, Banada, Ireland; m. WILLIAM SPENCER.
ii. ITA CLARKE, b. February 11, 19203; d. February 17, 19924; m. JOHN CAUGHEY; d. 1964.
iii. JAMES CLARKE, b. 1922; d. Abt. 1975, Coventry (see note).
iv. HUGH CLARKE, b. 1925; m. JOSIE WALSH.
v. ELLIE CLARKE, b. 1928; m. JAMES V. RAFFERTY.
vi. THOMAS CLARKE, b. 1931; d. 1938; m. ? JOSIE.
1. Kilmacteige Baptisms & Marriages Records, from letter from Maureen Logan.
2. Bucks County Intelligencer Marriage Notices - Spruance Library.
3. Social Security Death Index.
4. Florida Death Index, 1970-79.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids