The George Ennis Family joined the caravan of wagons that left Amherst County Virginia in 1805 for Warren County Kentucky. This migration westward included the families of Ennis, Campbell, Page, Martin, Swinney, Allcock and others. The George Ennis family settled South of Bowling Green near Rich Pond Grove. After his first wife died in 1823, George at age 74 at the time, the next year married Matilda Allcock(age 27) on April 21 1824 in Warren County Kentucky. George made his Will August 2 1832 with several Codicils that followed. George Ennis and (probably Mary Francis) are buried in the family cemetery located on the old Ennis farm about a half mile Northwest of Rich Pond Kentucky. Picture was taken of the George's stone and others in the cemetery in 1965. No evidence of the cemetery now exist.
George and Francis had the following children:
1.Cornelius Ennis (1797- ) married Mary Johnson November 10 1817.
2.John Ennis (1800-1826) married Nancy Butts August 2 1820.
3.Margaret Ennis (1801-1888) married James Dishman November 16 1818.
4.Francis Ennis (1804- ) married John Sales Campbell March 27 1824.
5.Sarah (1810-1887) married William K Phelps October 11 1825.
6.Elizabeth Ennis (1813- ) married Richard Breedlove December 11 1832.
7.Willis D Ennis (1815- ) married Caroline J Hines July 11 1839.
8.George Washington Ennis (1819- ).
George and Matilda had the following children:
1. Joseph R Ennis (1825-1848)
2. William Tennant Ennis (1826-1862) married Nancy Gatewood Setember 1 1850.
Marriage Record, Amherst Co VA 1796 - Deeds, Warren Co KY - U S Census, Wills, Warren Co KY - Cemetery Records Warren Co KY
Margaret and James had the following children:
1.Ewing Dishman (1820- ) married Lucy Ann House May 22 1856.
2.Bluford Dishman (1821-1912) married Racheal Lackey.
3. Harvey Dishman (1823-1891) married Sarah Jane hines.
4.Daniel Dishman (1827- ) married Sarah.
5. Nancy Dishman (1830- ) married William Walters October 14 1851.
6. Mary Jane Dishman (1832- ) married John Wesley Lay December 21 1852.
7. John Dishman (1835-1917) married Leanor Walters October 4 1854.
8. Sarah Ann Dishman (1834-1907) married (1)Fleming M Galloway November 17 1856. (2) Marshall Leslie Galloway.
9. Mary Elizabeth Dishman (1836-1867) married Abraham Galloway
10. James D Dishman (1838- ) married Molinda Wingfield
Margaret ENNIS Dishman died July 1 1888. Her husband James died August 19 1878. Both are buried in the Galloway Cemetery in Warren County Kentucky.
SOURCE: Marriage Record, Deeds, Warren Co KY - U S Census, Wills, Warren Co KY - Cemetery Records Warren Co KY