Henry REYNOLDS 412
- Born: 1830, Devizes, Wiltshire 412
- Marriage (1): Louisa Maria NEWMAN on 11 Jun 1856 in Westbury, Wiltshire 412
- Marriage (2): Jemima Frances KENNEDY in 1864 412
• On the evening of 7th April 1861, Edward was recorded as living at Ely, in Stibbington, Huntingdonshire.
He was 31 years old, and a lodger.
His occupation was Clerk at Warnford Paper Mill.
His birthplace was noted as Devizes, Wiltshire.
The illustration here is of the Warnford Paper Mill, in ruins.
• On the evening of the 1871 Census, 2nd April, the Reynolds family was living at 656 Old Kent Road, Surrey, Camberwell, Peckham.
At home were:
Henry, Head, married, 41 years old, Mercantile Clerk, born Wiltshire, Devizes
Jemima F, Wife, married, 29 years old, born Middlesex
Louisa M, Daughter, 13 years old, Scholar, born Lincolnshire, Stamford
Fanny A., Daughter, 6 years old, Scholar, born Lincolnshire, Stamford
Robert, Son, 5 years old, Scholar, born Surrey, Peckham
Margaret, Daughter, 3 years old, born Surrey, Peckham
Kate P., Daughter, 7 months old, born Surrey, Peckham
Possibly living with the Reynolds family was Sophia Darlington, who is listed on the next page of the census as a Lodger, unmarried, 48, Nurse (unemployed), born Greenwich. Sophia may have been there to look after little Kate, who sadly, died in the December quarter of that year, 1871.
We can see Old Kent Road, as it is nowadays, in this photograph. Many of the old buildings remain.
• On the evening of 3 April 1881, Henry was living with his second wife, Jemima, mother and children, at 78 Great Dover Street, St Mary, Newington, Parliamentary Borough of Lambeth, London.
The extended, composite family consisted of the following people:
Henry, Head, married, 51 years old, Commercial Clerk, born Wilts, Devizes
Jemima, Wife, married, 40 years old, born Middlesex, St Pancras
Fanny Amy, Daughter, unmarried, 16 years old, Pupil Teacher in Boarding School, born Middlesex, Dalston
Robert, Son, unmarried, 15, Commercial Clerk (unemployed), born Surrey, Peckham
Margaret, Daughter, unmarried, 13, Scholar, born Surrey, Peckham
Grace, Daughter, unmarried, 8, Scholar, born Surrey, Peckham
Fanny, Mother, widowed, 73, Annuitant, born Wilts, Combe Enford
Henry married Louisa Maria NEWMAN, daughter of Unknown and Ann, on 11 Jun 1856 in Westbury, Wiltshire.412 (Louisa Maria NEWMAN was born circa 1830 in Wiltshire, England 412 and died june quarter 1857 in Stamford, Lin 412.)
Henry next married Jemima Frances KENNEDY in 1864.412 (Jemima Frances KENNEDY was born Dec quarter 1837 in St Pancras, England 412,984 and died Jun quarter 1885 in St Saviour, England 985.)