Henry REYNOLDS 220
- Born: 18 Oct 1806, Devizes, Wiltshire 220,412
- Marriage: Fanny SMALLBONES on 4 May 1829 in Enford 220,412
- Died: 6 Oct 1871, Newbury, Berkshire at age 64 220,942
• Henry was a butcher.
• Henry lived in Newbury. His descendants live in London (Henry) and Australia (Edward).
• On the family bible, given to Edward, was written:
The gift of his Father and Mother to Edward Reynolds the 4th May 1864 being their Wedding day 1829.
Edward Reynolds. Born May 20th 1831.
Rebecca Bromage .. Born January 18th 1831.
Edward Reynolds married to Rebecca Bromage
August 21st 1855 at Grantham Lincolnshire.
Charles Harry. Son of Edward and Rebecca Reynolds. Born November 18th 1856 at Grantham.
Fanny Daughter of Edward and Rebecca Reynolds. Born September 15th 1859 at Spittlegate near Grantham, Lincolnshire.
Rebecca the Beloved Wife and Mother of the above.
Died September 9th 1864 at South Brisbane Queensland. Australia. Aged 33 years.
Henry Reynolds. The beloved Father of Edward and Henry Reynolds died at Newbury Berks October 6th 1871 aged 65 years.
The 4th May 1864 is only ten days before Edward and Rebecca, and children, left London for their new life in Australia. It is most likely that this was a gift to the family from Henry and Fanny.
• The 1861 Census for England was taken on the night of Sunday 7 April 1861. The following information was requested:
. Name of road, street, etc
. House number or name
. Whether or not the house was inhabited
. Name of each person that had spent the night in that household
. Relationship of person enumerated to the head of the family
. Person's marital status
. Age at last birthday (sex is indicated by which column the age is recorded in)
. Person's occupation
. Person's place of birth
. Whether blind, deaf, or idiot.
On that evening, Henry and Fanny were home, at The Greyhound Inn, corner of London Road and Shaw Road, Speen, Berkshire.
The details recorded show:
Henry, Head, married, 54 years old, Brewer, birthplace Wilts, Devizes
Fanny, Wife, married, 54 years old, Landlady Innkeeper, birthplace Wilts, Enford
• The Greyhound Inn, corner of London Road and Shaw Road, Speen, Berkshire, has now been redeveloped into this modern corner.
Henry married Fanny SMALLBONES, daughter of James SMALLBONES and Mary UNKNOWN, on 4 May 1829 in Enford 220.,412 (Fanny SMALLBONES was born in 1805 in Combe, Enfort, Wiltshire 220,588 and died on 3 Apr 1881 943.)