Rebecca BROMAGE 412
- Born: 18 Jan 1831, Parish of Stepney, London 413
- Marriage: Edward REYNOLDS on 21 Aug 1855 in Grantham Parish, Lincoln County, England 220
- Died: 9 Sep 1864, South Brisbane at age 33 412
- Buried: 10 Sep 1864, Wesleyan Cemetery, Brisbane 412
• At home in the Lower Hamlet Bromage Residence, Mile End Old Town, Middlesex, on the night of the Census, were Rebecca and her family:
Charles, 40 years old, Dyer, born in the same county
Ann, 39 years old, born in the same county
Charles, 15 years old, born in the same county
Cordelia, 15 years old, born in the same county
Rebecca, 12 years old, born in the same county
Anna, 10 years old, born in the same county
Thomas, 7 years old, born in the same county
Mary, 4 years old, born in the same county
Sarah, 1 year old, born in the same county
• On the evening of the census, Monday 31st March 1851, the Bromage family lived at 6 Cleveland Street, Mile End Old Town, St Peters, Middlesex, in the Borough of the Town Hamlet.
Listed in the family at home with Rebecca that evening are:
Charles, Head, married, 50 years old, Dyer, birthplace Surrey, Lambeth
Ann, Wife, married, 50 years old, Dyer, birthplace Middlesex St Georges East
Charles, Son, unmarried, 25 years old, Dyer, Middlesex, Stepney
Cordelia, Daughter, unmarried, 24 years old, Dress Maker, Middlesex, Stepney
Rebecca, Daughter, unmarried, 22 years old, at Home, Middlesex, Stepney
Mary, Daughter, Unmarried, 14 years old, Scholar, Middlesex, Stepney
Sarah, Daughter, 11, Scholar, Middlesex, Stepney
Philladelphi Workman, Visitor, Widow, 76 years old, Independant, birthplace Middlesex, Stepney
• On the evening of Sunday 7th April 1861, Edward was home with his family at Market Place, Kingsclere, Hampshire. The Reynolds family was listed as follows:
Edward, Head, married, 29 years old, Carpenter and Joiner, birthplace Wilts, Devizes
Rebecca, Wife, married, 30 years old, birthplace Middlesex, Stepney
Charles H., Son, 4, scholar, birthplace Lincoln, Grantham
Fanny, Daughter, 1, birthplace Lincoln, Spittlegate
Fanny Dove/Dool, Servant, 13, Domestic Servant, birthplace Berks, Speenhamland
• Rebecca left London, with her husband Edward, and their two children Charles Harry and Fanny, on the "Young Australia", on Saturday 14th May, 1864.
• The "Young Australia" arrived in Brisbane on Tuesday, 16th August 1864. The journey took three months and two days.
Rebecca seemed to have had a difficult journey, suffering from bronchitis and kidney disease for these three months.
• Rebecca did not survive long after her arrival in Australia with her little family.
On 9 September 1864, just three weeks after landing, she passed away.
She had suffered from bronchitis, and kidney disease, for the entire three months of their ocean voyage from London to Brisbane.
Rebecca married Edward REYNOLDS, son of Henry REYNOLDS and Fanny SMALLBONES, on 21 Aug 1855 in Grantham Parish, Lincoln County, England.220 (Edward REYNOLDS was born on 20 May 1831 in Wiltshire, England 220,412 and was buried on 28 Aug 1907 in Toowong Cemetery, Brisbane.)