(a.k.a. FLOWERS CHAPEL or SYMRNA CEMETERY.), MAURY
WHITE, William B. (Brantley), 1861 - (7 Apr) 1942. (Native of Lawrence Co. Tn; s/o Albert Jack Major White and Louisa Voss White; d. Murfreesboro.)
WHITE, Frances H., 1883 - 1968. (nee Holly.)
ALBERT JACK MAJOR WHITE
Birth: born about 1829 in North Carolina
Death: Between 1900 and 1910 in Crockett County, Tennessee
1) Louisa Voss (born about 1830; died abt. 1861); married October 21, 1851. Daughter of James Voss (1820-1860) and Rebecca Harrelson (born 1800; died ?).
1. George Elmore White – b.1852; Sarah Callie Josephine Pennington (b. 11/14/1864) m. on 1/15/1883; children: Eva b. 1885, Morris b. 1986, Eula Hazel b. 1888, Brackin b. 1890, and Clarence b. 1892.
2. Sarah Virginia White – born 1855.; married John Dale who was killed by lightning while riding a horse. On Nov. 27, 1892, Sarah married Flint Nathaniel Glassbrook. They eventually separated or divorced. She moved to New Mexico in her later years and lived with a granddaughter (Betty's daughter). She is buried in or near Espanola, New Mexico.
Elizabeth “Betty” (b. 1874)
Looney Alexander White born Nov. 25, 1876 in Maury County, TN, died Nov. 23, 1966, in the Brace community of Lawrence County. He is buried in the John Lay Cemetery in Ethridge, TN behind the Ethridge Church of Christ. He was a veteran of the Spanish-American War.
Jimmy& Bonnie (died as infants)
Louella Easterwood (2/29/1880 - 8/20/1970) Birmingham, AL
Mamie Palmer (2/9/1882 - 8/30/1960) Birmingham, AL
Joe White (9/15/1884 - 4/29/1935) Henryville, TN; possible married Mattie S., b. 1884, d. 1975 (Henryville Cemetery)
3. James M. “Jim” White -- born 1859, died 4/5/1942 in Rutherford Co; married Beulah B. Stallings (1865-1945) on 12/21/1882. After his children were grown, he left his wife and them in Oklahoma and came back to live in first Maury County, then Rutherford County with his brother William Brantley.
Children by Beulah:
Clyde b. 1884
Claude b. 1887
Willie b. 1889
Charles b. 1890
Otis b. 1892
Jewel b. 1895
Clara b. 1899
Glen b. 1901
4. WILLIAM BRANTLEY WHITE -- born March 4, 1861 died April 7, 1942 in Rutherford County; William Brantley married Katie Belle King (b. April 25, 1865; d. October 13, 1954) in 1884 (divorced probably around 1908); he then married Frances Holly (1883 - 1968) June 2, 1909.
Katie Belle King later married Frank Gibson (August 15, 1856 - October 18, 1941). They married May 18, 1911.
2) Eliza Massey was Albert Jack Major’s second wife (born around 1830; died between 1880 and 1900); married July 6, 1862. Eliza’s maiden name may have been Swafford. She was Clem Massey’s wife before marrying Alfred Jack.
Forrest b. 1862
Ellen b. 1865
Sue b. 1868
Major Boan b. 3/18/1870; d. 1/29 1937 in Missouri
Albert b. 1873
Annie b. 1876
Census excerpts (BTW not to be confused with another Albert White in the area with a birthday very close to Albert Jack Major White’s):
Photographed on 12/27/2006 by Wayne Austin. Revised to Change Wm Brantley White genealogy and add the charting above 17 Dec 2015.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids