Fulsom's - This was
a voting precinct in Maury in 1842 but today the location is unknown.
Forest Grove - A grove on the dividing ridge between Snow and Leiper's Creeks, three miles north of Santa Fe. This was once a popular picnic area.
Frog Trot - This was the name given to Booker's Ferry on the north bank of Duck River the ferry was located about where the railroad bridge is today. Families who jokingly said they lived at Frog Trot were Alexander, Timmons, Chappell, Leneave, Irvine, Voorhies, Nevils, Harris, West, Gregory, and Hughes.
Gant - This was a school once near Mt. Nebo on the Williamsport Pike and some maps show a community called Gant near here.
Gardner Station Depot - Found on the Middle Tennessee Railroad that was located near Water Valley, it was called Gardner Junction by some.
Gaskill Branch - William S. Sparkman donated land for a school before the Civil War and the school was named for the branch. The creek branch had been named for the Gaskill family, early settlers here.
Glade Creek - This was another name for Helm's Branch which empties into the river at Columbia.
Glendale - This village was originally called Hurricane Switch and there was a railroad station and post office here. Benjamin Thomas, first treasurer bf Maury County, was an early settler in the general area. Other settlers were Dentons, Moores, Howards, Coveys, and Whitakers. Located about six miles south of Columbia on the Lewisburg Pike, many of the buildings here will be razed when the Columbia Dam is completed.
Glenn's Store - Located 19 miles northeast of Columbia on the Franklin and Lewisburg Pike, the store here was organized in 1854 by R. A. Glenn, who served once as county court chairman. In 1873 the post office from Hurt's Cross Roads was moved here and the name changed to Glenn's. The post office was discontinued 1903. Glenn's Chapel Methodist Church was established here, successor to a Methodist Church once started at Hurt's in 1830.
Glenwood - This community around Glenwood Cumberland Presbyterian Church is about 11 miles south of Columbia.
Godwin - This was a depot and post office on the north side of Duck River where the railroad crosses the river and was named for A. S. Godwin. It was known as Duck River Station at one time and in the earliest days of settlement was called Trough Spring. There Is a large cave in this vicinity. Today most people refer to this as Hooker as the large phosphate plant is located here.
Goshen - The name came from Goshen Methodist Church, which began as an old camp ground. John Crane, early Methodist circuit rider, is burled in the cemetery here. Legend says that Betsy Trantham, who lived to be 149 years old, is also buried here.
Grand Junction - Old newspapers describe this place as being the point where the Mooresville, Pulaski, Campbellsville and Bigbyville roads came together. In 1870 Algie Hodge had a store here and a Mr. Farris ran a coach shop and blacksmith shop here.
Grand Valley - This valley Is out from Theta.
Gravel Hill. - This Is the summit of a ridge two miles south of Theta and once was a voting precinct. A church was built here in 1870
Griffin Town Tract - This old town was laid out on the land of Spencer Griffin, a miller, and was platted in 1808. It was located on the north side of Duck River at Suck Island. (Today this would be on the lands of Mr. Charlie Skillington.) Griffin Town Tract is believed to be the same as Madisonville.
Griffin Ferry - In 1809 Spencer Griffin was given permission to keep a ferry at the mouth of Snow Creek on Duck River. It is believed that he might have laid out his town around his old ferry location.
Grisham's - This was a voting precinct in the county in 1842 and 1849, but today the location is not known.
Groveland - Located about 7 miles southeast of Columbia and 2 miles from old Love Mill on Fountain Creek, this was once a post office in Maury County. When the railroad was built the station was named Hill Station. Dr. H. L. Oliver practiced medicine here for 40 years Other settlers in the area were Denham, Branch, Craig, Worlev. Thomas, and Patterson families. In the 1930s a meteorite fell near Groveland and people drove for miles to get a look at It. The site is still known by residents in the area.
Hamtown - This was a settlement in Greenfield Bend in the 1870s and at that time the newspaper described it as being eight hewed log cabins. It was jokingly described as the capital of Greenfield Bend.
Hardison Mills - James Hardison settled in the vicinity early in Maury County history and was the progenitor of a large family connection. A store and office were established here in 1844 by Calvin Hardison, the post office being discontinued in 1903. The line between Maury and Marshall Counties once ran through the bridge at this mill on Duck River. During the Civil War there were several skirmishes in this area, and one was fought between Forrest's Cavalry and the Federal forces at the mill. Capron's Federal Cavalry was located here during the war, and at other fords on the river, to guard the fords.