Lickskillet school came into being when in 1870ís
James Branch (or was it Alex Watson?) deeded one acre for a church and school
house. This was a single building to be used as a church and Schoolhouse. It was
known as Zion Cumberland Presbyterian Church. It sat across
the road from Philadelphia church of Christ is located today. William Davis
Craig and Stephen Samuel Craig were trustees.
Bill further believes Lickskillet School to actually be the same as Philadelphia School where Ruth Thrasher was known to be a teacher during the school year, 1932-33.
Bill Thrasher 7/15/2008.
*RETURN TO MAIN PAGE*
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids