HENRY HORTON STATE PARK, MARSHALL
Some of the remaining supporting timbers that were under the old milling operation founded in 1845 and operated until the early 1900s
This is a picture of a section of large machinery that drove one of the milling operations. This may have been a part of the lumber milling. It was on the north side of the river and about 100 yards from the River. The grain milling operation was on or nearer the river.
A large belt spanned across this pulley driving another set of gears or pulleys. All that was interconnected to yield the power for grinding and cutting required to mill grain or lumber.
The island jutting into the Duck River was actually at one time a part of the original bridge that spanned over the Duck River. The village was located along that road. When the new road was cut thru it passed by some of the original development of the village of Wilhoite.
Commentary by Wayne Austin, 15 Mar 2008
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids