SIVLEY CEMETERY, (John Hunt Park) HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA.

Land Grants for Jacob Sivley, Andrew Sivley & William Fine

UNITED STATES PATENT
To                                                             Dated : August 28, 1809
Andrew Sivley, Certificate No. 87
NW 1/4 Section 13, Township 4 South, Range 1
West containing 159.16 acres
(Andrew was the son of Jacob & Alcey Sivley)

UNITED STATES PATENT
To                                                             Dated : August 28, 1809
Jacob Sivley, Certificate No. 39
Tract Book Madison Co Ala
SW 1/4 Section 13 Township 4 South, Range 1 West
159.16 acres

UNITED STATES PATENT
To                                                             Dated : April 05, 1811
William Fine, Certificate No. 489
Tract Book (Madison Co. Ala.)
SE 1/4 Section 13, Township 4 South, Range 1 West
159.16 acres.
(Comment: William Fine was married to Catherine Sivley 27 Mar 1807, daughter of Jacob & Alcy Sivley.)

These grants were for a block of land probably given for services these men gave as soldiers. They were for three quarters of section 13 of the Township 4,South, Range 1. No mention of the disposition of the northeast quarter above.


I have highlighted the area of these land grants above.
The yellow square is the one for Andrew Sivley which was the northwest quarter.
The bluish purple square is the one for father Jacob Sivley which was the southwest quarter.
The greenish square is the one for son-in-law William Fine which was the southeast quarter.
This is a 1909 map of Huntsville so it does not relate to the period of these grants, but the location is the same. Notice the land belongs then to W.F. Garth above. This map shows he landowners in the various section quarters. Believe the Garth family purchased this land sometimes after the Sivley family died, sold out or moved away. William Fine sold his interest and moved to Giles County and later on to Crawford County Arkansas where he & his wife Catherine Sively lived the remainder of their lives and died there. One daughter of William & Catherine Fine who was Elizabeth married into the Coffee family, a prominent south Maury County named Calvin Coffee, the son of Nathan & Elizabeth Gilbreath Coffee.
Section 13 as the location of the Sivley Cemetery.
Notice the Merrimac Village is located just northwest of these land grant locations. The Red/Blue snaky north/south line is the Huntsville Spring Branch or Canal which flows from Big Spring in the center of Huntsville. Huntsville grew up around that spring and today it is a major Park & commercial center. 

Deed from William & Catherine Sivley Fine selling for $600 to the Jacob Sivley Heirs. Selling about 1/2 of the above (Green square) Land Grant.

Item: 226
Date: 10-23-1816
Page: (226-228)
Grantor: William (X) and Catherine (X) Fine
Grantee: Jacob Sivley heirs
Amount: $600
Description: Indicated 80 acres being the W1/2 SE1/4 Section 13 - Township 4S - Range 1W
Adjoining land of George Phillips & Andrew Sivley
Proven 10-24-1816 by Horn & Tatom. DR 11-30-1816. (Tatom)
Witnesses: William Horn/Barnett Tatom

Images and information compiled by Wayne Austin 16 Mar 2010. Added here 22 Mar 2010.

Search billions of records on Ancestry.com