OTHER BOON LINKS
HOME PAGE @ Geocities.Com: Descendants of Nathan BOON of Keowee River, Pendleton Dist. S.C.
Family Tree Maker Lineage Report:
Descendants Nathan BOON of Keowee River, Pendleton District, S.C.
Rootsweb: Marble's Ancestors Database: Index
NATHAN BOON OF KEOWEE RIVER, PENDLETON DISTRICT, SOUTH CAROLINA
NATHAN BOON was born Aft. 1775 and died Bef. October 1848 in Pickens County, South Carolina. He married FRANCIS ANN Bef. 1799. She was born Bef. 1776, and died Unknown.
Burial: Boon-Curtis-Carey Family Cemetery, Pickens County, S.C. (Source: Oconee County, S.C., Cemetery Survey, Vol. #2)
Information and Sources:
Birth: 1774, Surry County, North Carolina, Death:
Abt. 1848, Father: Daniel Boon
Source: (LDS record with a close birth and death date match, but no source given)
Note: All the BOONs from Pendleton District, Census
seem to trace back to Surry County, N.C. and then to the Isle of Wight County, Virginia.
1800 Census Pendleton Dist. S.C. compiled by
William C. Stewart
#908. BOON, Daniel 75, (00011) (00101) (04)
#887. BOON, Nathan 7374, (00200) (11100) (00)
pg. 78 #947 BOON, Ratliff 7478, (33110) (20020) (03)
1800 Pendleton District, S.C.
SNDX L Name, F Name NARS StRl Pg# Family Grp Twp.
B500 BOON, Daniel M-032 050 36 00011-00101-04 No Twp. Listed
B500 BOON, Nathan M-032 050 35 00200-11100-00 No Twp. Listed
B500 BOON, Ratliff M-032 050 36 33110-20020-03 No Twp. Listed
1810 Pendleton District, S.C.
SNDX L Name, F Name NARS StRl Pg# Family Grp Twp.
B500 BOON, Nathaniel M-252 061 152 NdRcd No Twp. Listed
B500 BOON, Ratliff M-252 061 151 NdRcd No Twp. Listed
C632 CURTIS, Namon M-252 061 152 NdRcd No Twp. Listed
C632 CURTIS, Namon M-252 061 153 NdRcd No Twp. Listed
A425 ALEXANDER, Elisha M-252 061 158 NdRcd No Twp. Listed
1820 Census Pendleton Dist. S.C.
(00110) males: 1 between age 18-26, 1 between age 26-45
(03101) females: 3 between age 10-16, 1 between age 16-25, 1 age 45 & older
"Pendleton Dist. S.C. Deeds 1790-1806", Pg. 280:
1800, December 13, Recorded in Book F, Pg. 117-118 Nathan Boon witnessed a land deed.
1805, April 9, N. Boon purchased land from Geo. Tubb, Book H. Pg. 196-197
1806, February 7, Recorded that Jesse Cain is bound to Benjamin Smith for $800 and made deed for tract bought of Elisha Floyd, Date 7 Feb 1806, Witness, Nathan Boon
"Marriages & Death Notices from Pendleton, S.C. Messenger 1807 - 1851":
Pg. 10 Nathan Boon, Esquire married a couple Issue
of Oct. 25, 1820
Pg. 20 Nathan Boon, Esquire married a couple Issue of Feb. 23, 1825
Pg. 25 Nathan Boon, Esquire married a couple Issue of June 20, 1827
Note: 1826: Pendleton District formed in 1798, discontinued, creating Anderson and Pickens Counties
"It happened in Pickens County", 1959, by Pearl Smith
1826, December 20,
Nathan Boon appointed as one of Commissioners to have public buildings erected in Pickens Co.
"Records of Wills Pickens County, SC 1828-1862":
1828, December 15, Recorded in WIll Book 1, pages 1, 2 and 3.
Last WIll and Testiment of Joseph REID
To my son Thomas Baskin REID I give and devise all the land I own on the east side of Keowee River opposite where I now live, containing six hundred and fifty acres,
WIT: Nathan BOON, Patsey BOON, James GUTHERIES, Signed, JOSEPH REID
State of South Carolina, Pickens District,
Will proven by oath of Patsey CURTIS, one of the subscribing witnesses to the said will. At the same time qualified Isabella REID as Executrix and Thomas B. REID as Executer of the same 15th December, 1823 James S. DENDY. OPD
1836, SEPT 5, Nathan BOON Esq to John THOMAS &
William THOMAS...suit against Benj. F.
KILPATRICK departed this life intestate..$104...134 A adjoining SANDERS, ALLEN & J.C.
KILPATRICK..Wit: Silas KIRSKEY, Miles M. NORTON p. 42
A Collection of Upper South Carolina Genealogical
and Family Records, Volume I, pg. 54
Editor: James E. Wooley:
1848, October 30, Pickens Co. Wills Box 16, Pg 209.
Estate of Nathan Boon, Esquire
administered by Mrs. Sarah Curtis, W.L. Keith, S.R. McFall.
are bound to Wm. D. Steel, Ord. Pickens Dist. in the sum of $6,000.00.
Left five heirs viz: Sarah Curtis, Wm Curtis, Mary Alexander, Elijah S. Foster, and Thomas Boon.
13 May 1850 paid Thomas Alexander $396.98.
Sarah Curtis and Mary Alexander were daughters of deceased.
Elijah S. Foster and wife recd. property.
Oconee County, South Carolina Cemetery Survey, Volume 2
Faith Clayton Genealogical room, Central Weslyan College, Central, S.C.
Boon-Curtis-Carey Family Cemetery, Pickens
Presbyterian Church, Hwy 130, Pickens County, S.C.
Nathan Boon - D. 1849
Francis Boon w/o Nathan Boon (no dates)
Sarah Boon Curtis w/o John Curtis & d/o Nathan Boon
B. 1803 D. 1881
Five children of NATHAN BOON and FRANCIS ANN are:
1.i. DAUGHTER UNKNOWN NAME BOON, m. ELIJAH S. FOSTER.
Notes for DAUGHTER UNKNOWN NAME BOON:
- **************** THE FOURTH DAUGHTER OF NATHAN BOON **************
- Family history has four daughters of Nathan Boon who were singers, (perhaps a quartet).
- Foster descendants of South Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee, share a
- family history which confirms a unknown Boon to be Mrs. Elijah S. Foster.
2. ii. MARTHA BOONE,was born October 23, 1799 in Pendleton District, South Carolina, and died January 19, 1876 in Gordon County, Geogia. She married WILLIAM CURTIS 1822 in Pickens County, South Carolina, son of NAAMAN CURTIS and MILDRED "MILLY". He was born March 18, 1804 in Pendleton District, SC, and died September 21, 1887 in Gordon County, Georgia.
3. iii. THOMAS D. BOON,born 1801 in South Carolina (Source: U.S.Census:1850;Pickens County, Alabama., pp.112, Twp#22, Range14W, Sec.18 (1835)&8(), and died March 09, 1876 in Chickasaw County, Mississippi. He married MARGARET "PEGGY" CLARK CRAIG February 28, 1822 in Pickens District? South Carolina (Source: Boon Genealogy, 1984-by Rupert Farnham, pp.420, affirms1830 Census :Pickens Dist), daughter of JOHN CRAIG and CATHERINE WILSON. She was born June 29, 1797 in South Carolina. Burial: Boon's Chapel United Methodist Church, Okalona, Chickasaw County, Mississippi.
4. iv. MARY BOON,was born 1802 in Pickens County, South Carolina (Source: Estate of Nathan Boon; Administered 30 Oct. 1848, Pickens Dist. S.C.), and died March 09, 1891 in Pickens County, SC. She married THOMAS ALEXANDER July 05, 1840, son of ELISHA ALEXANDER and NANCY GROGAN. He was born 1819 in South Carolina, and died in Pickens County, S. C..
5. v. SARAH BOON,was born November 18, 1803 in South Carolina, and died January 25, 1881 in Seneca City, South Carolina. She married JOHN CURTIS October 30, 1822, son of NAAMAN CURTIS and MILDRED "MILLY". He was born Abt. 1800, and died March 25, 1826 in Pickens County, South Carolina. Burial: Boon-Curtis-Carey Family Cemetery, Pickens County, S.C.