DAVID3,405 was born WFT Est 1685-1701.3,405 She died
WFT Est 1705-1788.3,405 She is reference number 95981.|
Rene A. D. DAVID3,95 was born about 1861 in
Rose C. DAVID3,95 was born about 1865 in
Sarah Jane DAVID3,95 was born about 1849 in
Virginia Alice DAVID3,95 was born about 1857 in
William James DAVID3,95 was born about 1832 in , Hardin, Kentucky.3 He died Unknown.3 He is reference number 54022. He has Ancestral File Number 18R9-1WX. Parents: Abraham DAVID and Elizabeth NASH.
DAVIDSON2,3 died Unknown.3 He is reference number 31280.
Spouse: Elizabeth Morrow ANDREW. DAVIDSON and Elizabeth Morrow ANDREW were married. Reference Number:576249 Children were: William Andrew DAVIDSON, Margaret Matilda DAVIDSON, Martha Eliza DAVIDSON, Susan Jane DAVIDSON.
DAVIDSON2,3 was born in , Cumberland Co., Pennsylvania.2,3 She died Unknown.3 She is reference number 44760. [boyd-trees.ged]
! (1) "Genealogies, Necrology, and Reminiscences of the 'Irish Settlement'," by John Clyde ( 1879) p.18-22. FHL book 974.822 D3c.
! Birth: (1) Miss DAVIDSON of Cumberland Co., PA.
Agnes DAVIDSON3,95 was born about 1675 in Glasgow, Lanark, , Scotland.3 She died Unknown.3 She is reference number 57561. She has Ancestral File Number 1G8J-8KW.
Spouse: Andrew BOYD. Andrew BOYD and Agnes DAVIDSON were married on 16 Feb 1695 in Glasgow, Lanark, , Scotland.3 Reference Number:988433 Children were: Elizabeth BOYD, Robert BOYD, Elizabeth BOYD, Margaret BOYD, Andrew BOYD, Agnes BOYD, John BOYD.
Agnes Paterson DAVIDSON3,615 was born on 25 Oct 1907 in Tarbolton, Ayrshire..3,615 She died on 20 Nov 1985 in Balloch Mill Hosp., Mauchline, Ayrshire.3,615 She is reference number 53497. She was in Housewife.3,615 [boyd-trees.ged]
In 1937, Agnes lived at The Washer, Bunton, Dalmellington, Ayrshire.
Spouse: Andrew Jamieson BOYD. Andrew Jamieson BOYD and Agnes Paterson DAVIDSON were married on 25 Oct 1929 in Meadow View, Tarbolton.3,615 Reference Number:929601 Children were: Living BOYD, Living BOYD, Living BOYD.
Amanda Malvina DAVIDSON3,405 was born on 13 Jul 1809.3,405 She died WFT Est 1810-1903.3,405 She is reference number 98677. Parents: Ephraim Brevard DAVIDSON and Charlotte Caroline COOK.
America DAVIDSON394 was born about 1822 in Carlisle, Sullivan County, Indiana.394 Parents: Daniel DAVIDSON and Mary Polly ENOCHS.
Andrew DAVIDSON2,3 was born on 6 Oct 1812 in , Adams Co., Ohio.2,3 He died on 4 Apr 1908 in Muscatine, Muscatine Co., Iowa.2,3 He was buried on 7 Apr 1908 in Greenwood Cemetery, Muscatine, Muscatine Co., Iowa.2,3 He is reference number 27142. [boyd-trees.ged]
! (1) Family Bible, passed to son Joseph Trimble Davidson.
(2) Carolyn Davidson Carey, Greenwood Village, CO. Cites: (a) Pioneer History of Winchester , by Sellman, p.10.
(3) Adams Co., OH Deeds, Office of the County Recorder, Adams Co. Courthouse, West Union, O H 45693. (a) Vol. 28, p136. (b) Vol. 17, p1. (c) Vol. 28, p461-464. (d) Vol. 25, p281. (e) Vo l. 25, p282. (f) Vol. A41, p338. (g) Vol. 26, p126. (h) Vol. 16, p234. (i) Vol. 17, p114. (j ) Vol. 20, p269. (k) Vol. 18, p196. (l) Vol. 20, p371. (m) Vol. 20, p270-272. (n) Vol. 23, p. 582. (o) Vol. 24, p193. (p) Vol. 25, p283. (q) Vol. 25, p284. (r) Vol. 25, p432, & Vol. 27, p 48-50. (s) Vol. 33, p349. (t) Vol. A37, p699. (u) Vol. A41, p336. (v) Vol. 32, p.538-539, FH L film #545,234.
(4) "Common Pleas Courts of Highland County, Ohio," p.93. Indenture, 10 Nov 1828, recorde d 21 Jan 1829, p.32
(5) Marriage record, Louisa Co., IA.
(6) Death certificate, Muscatine, Muscatine Co., IA, FHL film #1,003,496, 1908, p.23.
(7) Obituary. (a) "Muscatine Journal," 7 Apr 1908. (b) Unknown newspaper (Muscatine Daily N ews?), 5 Apr 1908. Clipping in family album. (c) Unknown Muscatine, IA newspaper, 5 Apr 1908 . Clipping in family album.
(8) 1850 Census, Franklin Twp., Adams Co., OH, p.009.(9) 1860 Census, Union Twp., Scioto Co ., OH, 19 Jul 1860, p.563.
(10) Church Bulletin, First Methodist Episcopal Church, Muscatine, IA, Sun., 12 Apr 1908.
(11) "History of Muscatine County, Iowa," Biographical Sketches (Chicago Western Historica l Co., 1879) p.600.
(12) Adams Co., OH Delinquent Tax List of Lands and Town Lots 1828, "Gateway to the West, " Vol. 3, p.27. Reprinted from original list in the "West Union Republican," 15 Nov 1839.
(13) Advertisement in unknown Muscatine, IA newspaper (probably "Muscatine Journal") 3 No v 1879.
(14) 1900 census, Muscatine, Muscatine Co., IA, Vol. 56, ED 103, sheet 4, line 22, 2 Jun 19 00. FHL film #1,240,450.
(15) Probate record #3344, estate of Andrew Davidson, Clerk of Probate Court, Muscatine Co . Courthouse, Muscatine, IA, including will.
(16) Scioto Co., OH deeds, researched by Caryn R. Shoemaker, Rt. 2, Box 561, Minford, OH 45 653. (a) Vol. 3, p.3-272, 2 Feb 1860. (b) Vol. 3, p.8-315, 1 Oct 1864.
(17) Records of the First Methodist Episcopal Church, now the Wesley United Methodist Churc h, 400 Iowa Ave., Muscatine, IA 52761.
(18) Handwritten family history by daughter Ella Reed Davidson.
(19) 1840 census, Franklin Twp., Adams Co., OH. Household of Andrew Davidson.
(20) Inventory of Jacob Cox, dec'd., Adams Co., OH Probate Court, Vol. 9, p.99, 26 Aug 1847 .
(21) 1880 census, First Ward, Muscatine, Muscatine Co., IA, p.144. Andrew Davidson househol d. FHL film #1,254,358.
(22) "Some Marriage Records of Adams County, Ohio 1797-1894," by Adams Co. Genealogical Soc . (Walsworth Pub. Co., Marceline, MO, 1988) Vol. 1, p.156,196.
! Birth: (4) Age 16 yrs., 1 mo., 4 dys. on 10 Nov 1828 (b. 6 Oct 1812), s/o Margaret Davidso n. (1,7c,18) 6 Oct 1812. (18) s/o John Davidson/Margaret Kincaid. (8,9,14,21) OH. (11,7b,c) A dams Co., OH. (2) May have been Manchester, Adams Co., OH. (14) Oct 1812. (21) Age 65 in 188 0 (b. 1815).
Marriage to Elizabeth Louisa Meek: (1,7b,c,18) 21 May 1833. (2) OH, d/o Rev. John Meek/An n Jones. (22) 21 May 1833 Margaret (X her mark) Davidson certified that her son Andrew Davids on had her consent to be joined in marriage with Elizabeth Meek. The consent was dated at Hi llsborough and attested by Lewis F. Boerstter. It was filed in Adams Co., OH. (NOTE: Hillsbor o is in Highland Co., OH.)
Marriage to Sarah Ann Cox: (1,18) 4 May 1841. (7b,c) May 1841.
Marriage to Rachel Chenoweth Wilson: (5) Louisa Co., IA, at her home, by A.C. Bamhart. (1,5 ,18) 18 Oct 1860. (2) Widow of Spencer Wilson. They had lived on a farm at Grandview, IA. (11 ) d/o William Chenoweth of Scioto Valley, Ross Co., OH. (1) d/o William Chenoweth/Nancy. (7c ) 3 Oct 1860.
Death: (6,15,18) 4 Apr 1908. (6,15) Muscatine, Muscatine Co., IA. (6) Died from effects o f an injury caused by a fall. (7b) Sat., 8:00 pm at the family residence, 408 West Third St. , old age coupled with an accident suffered nearly 8 weeks earlier in Feb, when he fell & fra ctured a hip.
Burial: (6,2) Greenwood Cemetery, Muscatine, IA. (7c) Funeral arrangements to depend on whe ther or not Major Davidson (son Joseph) will be able to attend.
(4) 1828, 10 Nov: Andrew Davidson, aged 16 years, 1 month, and 4 days, son of Margaret Davi dson, widow, of Scott Twp., Adams Co., OH, binds himself as an apprentice to Joseph Woodrow o f Highland Co., OH, to learn the trade of tanner. ... Term is to be 4 years from the 6th da y of last Oct. Woodrow to allow the boy meat, drink, washing, lodging, and apparel for summe r and winter, and will teach him to read, write, and "cypher" through the single rule of thre e, and at the expiration of the term give the boy a suit and a Bible. Wits. P. Arthur, Thoma s W. Rayburn, John Triplett.
(11,7b) 1831: Went to Cincinnati, OH, where he finished learning his trade.
(11) Lived in Highland Co., OH.
(7b,c) 1832, 6 Aug: Became a member of the Methodist Church.
(3h) 1832, 20 Dec: Bought for $405 243 acres in Winchester Twp., Adams Co., OH, at auctio n at County Courthouse, West Union, OH, as ordered by the Adams Co. Court of Common Pleas a s part of the estate of Joseph Glasgow. Property described by trees at corners, bordered by J ames Campbell, part of survey No. 2048 entered in the name of George Mathews. Legal title hel d by Jessie McKay, deceased, heir of Joseph Glascow. Deed recorded 17 Oct 1833.
(3) 1833, 9 Aug: Margaret Davidson, widow of John Davidson, dec'd, and Andrew Davidson an d Elizabeth his wife of Highland Co., OH, and John Davidson and Sarah his wife of Henry Co. , IN, sell to Joseph Shaw of Adams Co., OH, for $425, 156 acres and 2 rods on the waters of B rush Creek, Adams Co., OH.
(3k) 1834, 24 Jan: Of Adams Co., OH. Sold to Samuel Beam for $312.50, 129 acres in Winchest er Twp., Adams Co., on the waters of the West Fork of Brush Creek, part of survey No. 2048 en tered in the name of George Mathews, purchased 17 Oct 1833 from Joseph Glascow estate, adjace nt to Andrew Davidson's 129 acres.
(3i) 1835, 5 Mar: Bought with his father-in-law John Meek, from Joel and Rachel Bailey, fo r $122.62 1/2, 1 acre 122 poles in Winchester Twp., Adams Co., OH, on the waters of the Wes t Fork of Brush Creek, beginning at SE corner of Lot 2 in South Winchester, to lot of Titus C onnell, to south edge of the road in a line of the original survey, east corner to lot No. 1 , including a Bark house; also 24 poles lying adjacent on the S side.
(2a) The second tannery in Winchester, Adams Co., OH, was started by Andrew Davidson, who b ought from Joel and Rachel Baily a little less than 2 acres of ground along the spring branc h south and east of the mill property then owned by Levi Sparks. (2) Operated the tannery a t Winchester, OH, with his father-in-law, John Meek.
(3j) 1835, 30 Jun: Bought, with father-in-law John Meek, from Harvey and Lucy Ann Hoge of T N, for $37.50, 25.5 acres in Adams Co., OH, on the West Fork of Brush Creek, part of a surve y of 800 acres No. 3086 made in the name of John White, bounded by Nathan Samme's survey No . 1634 and the east edge of New Market Road.
(31) 1838, 3 Feb: Bought from M.W. and Elizabeth Cannon for $100, lots 1, 2, 3, 15, 16, an d 17 in Locust Grove, Adams Co., OH, on the waters of Brush Creek; also one lot containing 3/ 4 acre purchased from E.C. Cannon below North St.
(3m) 1839, 27 Apr: Of Adams Co., OH. Sold to John Meek for $275, 1 acre 122 poles and a Bar k house purchased 5 Mar 1835, Winchester Twp., Adams Co., OH, on the West Fork of Brush Creek , beginning at SE corner of Lot 2, South Winchester, OH, bounded by lot laid off for Silas Co nnell; also 24 poles adjoining the S side.
(3m) 1839, 27 Apr: Sold to John Meek for $50, 25.5 acres purchased 30 Jun 1835 in Adams Co. , OH, on the waters of the West Fork of Brush Creek, part of a survey of 800 acres No. 3086 i n the name of John White, bounded by Nathaniel Sammes survey No. 1634.
(12) 1839, 15 Nov: Taxed delinquent on land lot Winchester #11.
(19) 1840: Living in Franklin Twp., Adams Co., OH: 1 male 20-30 (b. 1810-1820), 1 female 20 -30, 1 female 0-5 (b. 1835-1840). (NOTE: These would account for Andrew, wife Elizabeth, an d daughter Sarah Mary. Missing are sons John Meek and Greenbury R.)
(3p) 1841, 10 Mar: Of Adams Co., OH. Bought from E.C. and Mary Cannon for $5, 4.5 rods on t he waters of Brush Creek, beginning on the west side of the state road adjoining the town o f Locust Grove, bounded by the road.
(3n) 1843, 25 Oct: Sold to Richard Mares? for $50, 50 poles of land in Locust Grove, Adam s Co., OH, bounded by the Stage Road.
(3o) 1844, 29 Apr: Of Adams Co., OH. Sold to Amos W. King for $66?, lot 15 in Locust Grove , except for 1 rod across the west end, part of purchase of 3 Feb 1838.
(22) 1844, 8 May: Andrew Davidson attested in Highland Co., OH a consent that Thomas McQuit y gave as guardian of Catharin Murphy of Adams Co., OH to marry Amos W. King.
(3a) 1844, 26 Jun: Of Adams Co., OH. Sold to William Tarlton for $100, 31.5 rods in Frankli n Twp., beginning at the NW corner of a tract sold by E.C. Cannon to William Pearson, bounde d by E.C. Cannon, in B. Temple's survey No. 3077.
(3d) 1845, 9 Jan: Purchased from Jacob and Margaret Cox for $300, 26 acres on Scioto Brus h Creek, Adams Co., OH, bordered by David Cox, Dunbar's east line, and Sample, part of surve y No. 9157. Wits. Seth VanMatre, David Cox.
(3e) 1845, 9 Jan: Purchased from Jacob and Margaret Cox for $400, 133 acres in Adams Co., O H, beginning at stone No. 4 corner to Leatherwood in the east, bordered by David Cox in the S tate Road, part of survey No. 9157 on the waters of Scioto Brush Creek. Jacob Cox reserved fo r the use of Duncan McArthur's heirs all the iron ore on the property. Wits. Seth Van Matre , J.P., and David Cox.
(3q) 1845, 25 Jun: Of Adams Co., OH. Bought from Amos W. and Catharine King, for $200, 21 r ods on the waters of Brush Creek in Locust Grove, Adams Co., OH, beginning at the corner of W illiam Tarlton's House, bounded by North St. and the State Road.
(3r) 1846, 4-10 Jul: Of Adams Co., OH. Sold to Wm. M. Morrison, then took deed as collatera l for mortgage from Wm. M. Morrison and Andrew Montgomery, a lot adjoining Locust Grove conta ining 20 poles, purchased 25 Jun 1845, beginning at the corner of Wm. Tarlton's house. Then t ook deed for mortgage notes from Wm. Morrison and Andrew Montgomery, lots 16 and 17 in Locus t Grove, purchased Feb 1838. Also sold to Morrison & Montgomery, then took deeds as collatera l for mortgage notes from them, lots 1, 2, and 3 in Locust Grove, purchased 3 Feb 1838. Note s totaled $1,070, final note due 1 Dec 1850, at which time Morrison & Montgomery would own pr operty. Wits. J.R. Cockerill, J.P., and A.W. King.
(3g) 1846, 12 Sep: Purchased from Jacob and Margaret Cox for $150, 25 acres in Adams Co., O H on the waters of Scioto Brush Creek, bordered by Lee's line and his own property, part of s urvey No. 9157. Wits. James Cockerill and James Cox.
(20) 1847, 26 Aug: Inventory of Jacob Cox, dec'd, Franklin Twp., Adams Co., OH, names Andre w Davidson and James Cox administrators.
(20) 1847, 4 Sep: Purchased property from the estate of Jacob Cox: 1 lot of old irons, 1 sa w, 1 square, langer?.
(10,7b,c) 1849, Apr: Given license to exhort for the Methodist Church in OH.
(3c) 1849, 17 Sep: Of Adams Co., OH. Bought from Ann M. and Willis Lee for $1,150, 150 acre s on Scioto Brush Creek, Adams Co., OH, bounded by Woodson's survey and Robert and Samuel Woo dson's survey no. 7267, Robt. Mean's survey No. 9157, George Handy and Boman's survey no. 915 8, and Benjamin Hough's survey n. 8228, 8242 & 8797, being survey no. 12102 and 12103 entered , surveyed and patented in the name of Duncan McArthur. Deeded same day for collateral for $2 ,150.02 mortgage to John J. Lee, the last installment due 1 Apr 1855, at which time the prope rty would become Andrew and Sarah Davidson's.
(8) 1850: Living in Franklin Twp., Adams Co., OH, age 38, occupation tanner, value of rea l estate $6,000. Living with him were Sarah A. (32), Sally M. (15), J.M. (13), Leroy P. (10) , M.A. (6), J.M. (1), and Margaret Cox (66).
(3v) 1853, 18 Apr: Of Adams Co., OH. Purchased from James and Nancy Cox of Adams Co., OH, f or $1,200, 130? acres in Adams Co., OH on Scioto Brush Creek, bounded by John Plater and A. D avidson, part of survey no. 9157.
(3s) 1854, 18 Feb: Of Adams Co., OH. Sold to John Davis for $3,375, 150 acres purchased 1 7 Sep 1849 on Scioto Brush Creek, Adams Co., OH.
(3u) 1858, 18 Apr: Purchased from James Cox 103 acres on Scioto Brush Creek, part of surve y 9157. Recorded Adams Co., OH deeds, Vol. 32, p.538-9, 16 Jun 1854.
(10,7b,c) 1859: Licensed to preach in OH.
(16) 1860, 2 Feb: Of Scioto Co., OH. Sold to John T. Wilson of Adams Co., OH, for $850, 1/ 6 interest in Washington Twp. Buckhorn Tannery, Scioto Co., OH, adjoining John Pines tract an d the Ohio Canal on the west, 8 acres, part of William Fowler survey #1270. Witnesses Isaac a nd Rhozinna C. Kirby.
(2,11,7c) Operated a tannery in Portsmouth, Scioto Co., OH.
(3t) 1860, 16 Mar: Of Scioto Co., OH. Sold to James A. Murphy for $5, part of lot 15 purcha sed 3 Feb 1838, Locust Grove, Franklin Twp., Adams Co., OH, being the west end of the lot res erved in the sale to Amos King 29 Apr 1844.
(9) 1860, 19 Jul: Living in Union Twp., Scioto Co., OH, age 47, occupation tanner, value o f real estate $12,500. Living with him were Leroy (20), Margaret (16), Jacob (11) and Josep h (9).
(16) 1863, 31 Jan: Of Muscatine, IA. Bought from John T. Wilson of Adams Co., OH, for $2,00 0, 2/3 of lot 46, Scioto Co., OH.
(?) 1864, 25 Mar: Sold land in Portsmouth, Scioto Co., OH.
(16) 1864, 1 Oct: Of Portsmouth, OH. Sold to Frederick Daehler and John Leichner, for $550 , Inlot 21 of Barrs Addition, Scioto Co., OH. Wits. E.S. Stroube and J.W. Bannon.
(3f) 1864, 25 Nov: Living in Portsmouth, Scioto Co., OH. Sold to Rosettee N. Smith of Still well, West Virginia, for $4,200, 133 and 37 acres in Adams Co., OH, purchased 9 Jan 1845 from James an d Margaret Cox on Scioto Brush Creek. Andrew and Rachel Davidson's signatures notarized in Sc ioto Co., OH, 25 Nov 1864.
(3u) 1865, 16 Mar: Of Portsmouth, Scioto Co., OH. Sold to Rosettee N. Smith for $3,000, 10 3 acres purchased 18 Apr 1858 from James Cox on waters of Scioto Brush Creek, Adams Co., OH , bounded by John Patee and A. Davidson, part of survey 9157. Also 25 acres on Scioto Brush C reek, Adams Co., bounded by Lee and Andrew Davidson, part of survey 9157, purchased from Jaco b Cox 12 Oct 1846. (NOTE: Vol. & page numbers given is same as for purchase of 12 Sep 1846. ) Also 76 acres on Scioto Brush Creek, Adams Co., bounded by David Cox, Dunbar's east line, a nd Sample, part of survey 9157, excepting 37 acres sold to Rosetee Smith 15 Nov 1864, purchas ed from Jacob Cox 9 Jan 1845.
(7b,c) 1865, Apr: Came to Muscatine, IA and shortly after engaged in the boot and shoe busi ness in the building now occupied by the George Clapp Hardware store. (11) 1862, 4 Apr: Wen t to Muscatine, IA, where he engaged in the boot, shoe, hides and leather business. Of the fi rm of A. Davidson & Co. Built up a large wholesale and retail trade, employing 2 and 3 men o n the road most of the time. It was the only wholesale boot & shoe house in Muscatine. The tr ade extended through Iowa and in Missouri, Kansas and Illinois. His son Joseph T. Davidson wa s associated with him and had the financial management of the business. His son-in-law W.M. R oach was also "interested in the business."
(7b,c) 1867, 22 Sep: Ordained a Deacon of the Methodist Church by Bishop Jaynes at Iowa Cit y. (10) 1865.
(11) Was a local preacher in the Muscatine M.E. Church. (7b) Had been a central figure in t he Methodist Church for more than 40 years at death, and had been prominently identified wit h every plan and progress enjoyed by the church. Referred to as Father Davidson.
(7b) 1866: Became a member of the official board of the Methodist Church. At the last sessi on of the Board before his death, he was made an Honorary Member. (17) Listed in church recor ds as Deacon and Trustee, and on the Committee for Estimating Salary. Dates not given.
(13) 1879, 3 Nov: Advertisement in a Muscatine, IA newspaper states that "owing to the incr ease of my wholesale trade, I have determined to devote my attention to it exclusively and cl ose out my retail stock of boots and shoes at cost. ... A. Davidson, 190 Second Street."
(21) 1880: Living in First Ward, Muscatine, Muscatine Co., IA, occupation wholesale deale r in shoes & boots. Also living in household, wife Rachel and daughter Ella.
(7b) Sold his business & operated the ferry "Ida May" between Muscatine and the Illinois sh ore.
(2,7b) c.1883/8: Sold the ferry to J.A. Eaton.
(7b) After selling the ferry, had done little in the way of business aside from looking aft er his farm on Muscatine Island.
(17) 1887, Apr: "Official Board voted to proceed to build parsonage on lot (?) church. Th e Pastor and A. Davidson were appointed a com. to make canvass for money and soon were able t o report about $3,000 for that purpose."
(17) 1887, 4 Oct: "Began morning with parsonage which was about completed. Including what f urnishing has been done in the way of stoves, carpets, etc., the entire cost of the parsonag e was about $4,000. Too much credit cannot be given to Rev. A. Davidson for his earnestness a nd efficiency in raising the money for this work."
(15) 1890, 11 Feb: Wrote his will. In it, he leaves all he has to his wife Rachel. If she s hould die, all would be left to his daughter Ella Reed. Mentions specifically only a paid u p life insurance policy #164881, The Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Co., on Leroy P. David son. Wits. H.J. and T.R. Fitzgerald, Muscatine, IA.
(14) 1900, 2 Jun: Living at 408 Third St., Muscatine, IA, in a freely owned house, with Rac hel and Ella Davidson.
(7c) 1903, Feb: Fell and broke his hip. "Since that time he was practically disabled, altho ugh he managed to get around at times."
(7b,c) 1908, Feb: Fractured his other hip as a result of a fall, and was confined to his be d.
(15) 1908, 6 Oct: His will filed for probate and daughter Ella named Administratrix by th e court, his wife Rachel having died. In her report to the court 23 Oct 1909, Ella states th e expenses of the last sickness and funeral have been paid, no claim has been filed against t he estate, and that Andrew "died seized of no property except his household goods and effects ."
(2) Left his farm on Muscatine Island in the Mississippi River to his daughter Ella, who le ft it to the children of her 1/2 brother Joseph T. Davidson (Fred, Drew, Helen and Lyal). (NO TE: Did he transfer this property to Ella before his death?)
(2) 1940: Heirs Fred, Drew, Helen and Lyal Davidson sold the farm for $4,000.
(7b) "Sincere and earnest in every undertaking, with absolute faith in his fellow men, he w as endeared to every one, and it is safe to assert no man, while Mr. Davidson was in his prim e, was better known in Muscatine. In business the same high ideals were ever maintained, an d perhaps the highest compliment that may be paid to his life, is to repeat the words of on e who had known him for may years, which follow: "He led an almost perfect life: either in hi s home, or in business, it was one worthy indeed of emulation." Probably more thoughtful o f others than of himself, it is not surprising that gloom is cast over the membership of th e First Methodist Church, and every other church in this vicinity, in which Father Davidson a lways took a great interest."
(7c) "His cheery good nature and his perfect faith have cheered thousands with whom he ha s come in contact. At the Methodist church for years he was an earnest and faithful worker, i n fact one of the patriarchs of the church. He was the embodiment of cheerful energy and Chri stian optimism and his life work here is an honor to him and to the church to which he belong ed."
Spouse: Sarah Ann COX. Andrew DAVIDSON and Sarah Ann COX were married on 4 May 1841 in , Adams Co., Ohio.2,3 Reference Number:517732 Children were: Margaret Ann DAVIDSON, William Gatch DAVIDSON, Jacob Milton DAVIDSON, Joseph Trimble DAVIDSON.
Ann DAVIDSON.5,94,409 Parents: William DAVIDSON and Rachel ATER.
Spouse: Elias DURHAM.
Arthur DAVIDSON3,474 was born in Mar 1886 in IL.3,474 [NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Birth]3,186 He was also known as Arthur Davison.3,186 He died Unknown.3 He is reference number 47845. Parents: Louis Mortimer DAVIDSON and Gertrude EVANS.
Christopher Columbus DAVIDSON3,405 was born on 6 Jul 1804.3,405 He died WFT Est 1805-1894.3,405 He is reference number 96185. Parents: Ephraim Brevard DAVIDSON and Charlotte Caroline COOK.
Cora DAVIDSON3,474 was born on 30 Jun 1901 in Lasalle, IL.3,474 [NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Birth]3,186 She was also known as Cora Davison.3,186 She died Unknown.3 She is reference number 47836. Parents: Sidney Lawrence DAVIDSON and Clara GABLER.
Daniel DAVIDSON394 was born on 28 Jul 1789 in Virginia.394
Spouse: Mary Polly ENOCHS. Daniel DAVIDSON and Mary Polly ENOCHS were married about 1817.394 Children were: Nancy DAVIDSON, Rebecca DAVIDSON, Susannah DAVIDSON, Sarah DAVIDSON, John DAVIDSON, Miranda DAVIDSON, Mary Elizabeth DAVIDSON, Thomas Enochs DAVIDSON, America DAVIDSON, David DAVIDSON, George Mc Mahon DAVIDSON, Daniel DAVIDSON.
Daniel DAVIDSON394 was born about 1829 in Sullivan County, Indiana.394 Parents: Daniel DAVIDSON and Mary Polly ENOCHS.
Daughter DAVIDSON3,405 was born after 1747.3,405 She died WFT Est 1748-1841.3,405 She is reference number 97534. Parents: George DAVIDSON and Margaret WARE.
David DAVIDSON3,1117 died Unknown.3 He is reference number 105917.
Spouse: Jane Barrie GALL. David DAVIDSON and Jane Barrie GALL were married. Reference Number:1660620
David DAVIDSON394 was born about 1825 in Carlisle, Sullivan County, Indiana.394 Parents: Daniel DAVIDSON and Mary Polly ENOCHS.
Della M. DAVIDSON5,128 was born about 1882.5,128 She is reference number 344.
E.P. DAVIDSON3,206 died Unknown.3 He is reference number 65862. Parents: Steven DAVIDSON and Nancy Jane GARTEN (GARTON).
Edith Cordelia DAVIDSON3,473 died Unknown.3 She is reference number 48464.
Spouse: Hiram Newton BOYD. Hiram Newton BOYD and Edith Cordelia DAVIDSON were married on 25 Jan 1919 in Wilmington, VT.3,473 Reference Number:858351 Children were: Living BOYD, Living BOYD, Living BOYD.
Edward DAVIDSON.5,94,409 Parents: William DAVIDSON and Rachel ATER.
Spouse: Harriett HOWARD.
Effie Laura DAVIDSON3,474 was born on 3 Sep 1866 in Shawnee, Allen, OH.3,474 [NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Birth]3,186 She was also known as Effie Laura Davison.3,186 She died Unknown.3 She is reference number 47830. Parents: George Liberty DAVIDSON and Margaret BOYD.
Elicia DAVIDSON3,717,1231 died Unknown.3 She is reference number 40068.
Spouse: John BOYD. John BOYD and Elicia DAVIDSON were married about 1865.3,717,1231 Reference Number:724076 Children were: Matilda BOYD, Eilenor BOYD, Thomas BOYD, William BOYD, Barbara BOYD, Margaret BOYD.
Elizabeth DAVIDSON2,3 died Unknown.3 She is reference number 32497. [boyd-trees.ged]
!(1) "Marriage Records of Highland Co., Ohio (1805-1880)," comp. by David N.
McBride and Jane N. McBride (Southern OH Gen. Soc., 1981) p.24.
!Marriage to Eli Boyd: (1) 27 Jan 1848, Highland Co., OH, by C.P. Donohoo, J.P.[alice-boyd.FTW]
! (1) "Marriage Records of Highland Co., Ohio (1805-1880)," comp. by David N. McBride and Ja ne N. McBride (Southern OH Gen. Soc., 1981) p.24.
! Marriage to Eli BOYD: (1) 27 Jan 1848, Highland Co., OH, by C.P. DONOHOO, J.P.
Elizabeth DAVIDSON3,333 died Unknown.3 She is reference number 104452.
Spouse: Robert C. EVANS. Robert C. EVANS and Elizabeth DAVIDSON were married. Reference Number:1644876
Elizabeth DAVIDSON.5,94,409 Parents: William DAVIDSON and Rachel ATER.
Spouse: James LEMAY.
Elizabeth Lee DAVIDSON3,405 was born on 15 Sep 1782 in Mecklinburg Co., NC.3,405 She died on 27 Apr 1845.3,405 She is reference number 98247.
Ella Mae DAVIDSON2,3 died Unknown.3 She is reference number 32833. [boyd-trees.ged]
!(1) Carl McIntire, P.O. box 633, Clinton, MS 39060 (1994).
!Birth: (1) d/o James Stewart Davidson/Nancy Anna Watson.
Marriage to John Alfred Lynch: (1)[alice-boyd.FTW]
!(1) Carl McIntire, P.O. box 633, Clinton, MS 39060 (1994).
!Birth: (1) d/o James Stewart Davidson/Nancy Anna Watson.
Marriage to John Alfred Lynch: (1) Parents: James Stewart DAVIDSON and Nancy Ann WATSON.
Spouse: John Alfred LYNCH. John Alfred LYNCH and Ella Mae DAVIDSON were married. Reference Number:618520
Elmer William DAVIDSON3,405 was born WFT Est 1789-1824.3,405 He died WFT Est 1800-1903.3,405 He is reference number 98347. Parents: John Alexander DAVIDSON and Elizabeth GREEN.
Emily E. DAVIDSON3,473 died Unknown.3 She is reference number 48442.
[NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Birth]3,38 She was born on 21 Jan 1838 in Polk Co., Missouri.3 She died on 25 May 1929 in Newton Co., Missouri.3 She was also known as Emily F. Davison.3,38 She is reference number 21008. [boyd-trees.ged]
Her obituary read, "Mrs. Emily Boyd, 91 years old, died at her
home about two miles southwest of Diamond last Saturday, after
having been helpless for two years with a broken hip. She was
one of the oldest citizens of the county and probably the
oldest in point of residence. Grandma Boyd was born in Polk
county, Mo., January 21, 1838, and came to this county with her
parents when only six weeks old. She had lived all her life on
the farm where the family located on coming to this county,
except two or three years during the Civil War, when she was in
Texas. Her husband was J.T. Boyd who died many years ago. Mrs.
Boyd was one of the most prominent citizens of her community
and stood in high regard of all who knew her. She had been a
member of the South Methodist church for 80 years having joined
the organization about 1849, five years after the division of
that body. She was the mother of 14 children, ten of whom are
living, and had over 100 direct descendants, running to the
fifth generation of her great-great grands. Besides numerous
other relatives she is survived by the following children:
Buddie Boyd of Diamond, Paris Boyd of Joplin; Leonard Boyd, of
Pittsburg, Kans.; Bert Boyd of Girard, Kans.; Luella Harden of
Diamond; Effie Wilson and Mrs. Wesley Riggs of Neosho Route 1;
Mrs. Vona Robinson of Neosho [Fredona, lbl]; and Alta and Edgar
at home. Deceased was an aunt of Mrs. J.F. Reynolds and Mrs.
George Jackson of Neosho. Funeral services were held at the
home Sunday afternoon, the Rev. J.D. Prater of Neosho Central
Methodist church conducting the services, and her body was
tenderly laid to rest in the Boyd cemetery."
Ephraim Brevard DAVIDSON3,405 was born on 22 Jan 1779.3,405 He died on 26 Nov 1821.3,405 He is reference number 97703. Parents: William Lee DAVIDSON and Mary BREVARD.
Spouse: Mary Baker EWING. Ephraim Brevard DAVIDSON and Mary Baker EWING were married WFT Est 1799-1817.3,405 Reference Number:1536941 Children were: Margaret Brevard DAVIDSON, Young Decatur Ewing DAVIDSON, Mary Jane DAVIDSON, George Madison DAVIDSON, Ephraim Perry DAVIDSON, James Washington DAVIDSON.
Spouse: Charlotte Caroline COOK. Ephraim Brevard DAVIDSON and Charlotte Caroline COOK were married on 11 Jan 1801.3,405 Reference Number:1537440 Children were: William Lee DAVIDSON, Christopher Columbus DAVIDSON, John Colwell DAVIDSON, Amanda Malvina DAVIDSON.
Ephraim Perry DAVIDSON3,405 was born on 24 Jan 1820.3,405 He died on 17 Jan 1847.3,405 He is reference number 96162. Parents: Ephraim Brevard DAVIDSON and Mary Baker EWING.
Francis Clair DAVIDSON3,1089 was born on 11 Aug 1905.3,1089 He died on 5 Dec 1972.3,1089 He was buried Unknown in Whittier, CA.3,1089 He is reference number 29046.
Spouse: Living DEARBORN.
Frank B. DAVIDSON3,41 died on 29 Mar 1884 in Spring Green, WI..3,41 He was born in
George DAVIDSON3,405 was born about 1707 in Ireland.3,405 He died in 1760 in Rowan, NC.3,405 He is reference number 96178. Parents: Will DAVISON and ELIZABETH.
Spouse: Margaret WARE. George DAVIDSON and Margaret WARE were married in 1743 in Pennsylvania, USA.3,405 Reference Number:1537302 Children were: William Lee DAVIDSON, George DAVIDSON, Daughter DAVIDSON, Samuel DAVIDSON, Son DAVIDSON.
George DAVIDSON3,405 was born before 1746.3,405 He died WFT Est 1747-1836.3,405 He is reference number 98848. Parents: George DAVIDSON and Margaret WARE.
George DAVIDSON3,405 was born on 30 Mar 1770.3,405 He died on 20 Apr 1843.3,405 He was also known as Lee. He is reference number 98593. Parents: William Lee DAVIDSON and Mary BREVARD.
Spouse: Catherine MUSHAT. George DAVIDSON and Catherine MUSHAT were married on 3 Apr 1793.3,405 Reference Number:1564121 Children were: Mary Lee DAVIDSON, Theresa DAVIDSON, Jane L. DAVIDSON, William Lee DAVIDSON, George Lee DAVIDSON.
George DAVIDSON3,474 was born in Aug 1884 in IL.3,474 [NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Birth]3,186 He was also known as George Davison.3,186 He died Unknown.3 He is reference number 47844. Parents: Louis Mortimer DAVIDSON and Gertrude EVANS.
George Cassius DAVIDSON3,473 died Unknown.3 He is reference number 48462.
Spouse: Betsey Lillian BOYD. George Cassius DAVIDSON and Betsey Lillian BOYD were married on 28 Apr 1906.3,473 Reference Number:858317 Children were: Theodore Elliot DAVIDSON, Raymond Cassius DAVIDSON.
George Lee DAVIDSON3,405 was born on 20 May 1812.3,405 He died on 8 Feb 1884.3,405 He is reference number 98216. Parents: George DAVIDSON and Catherine MUSHAT.
[NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Birth]3,281 He was born on 20 Oct 1836 in Lima, Allen, OH.3,474 [NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Birth]3,186 He died in 1910.3,474 [NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Death]3,186 He was also known as George L Davison.3,475 He was also known as George L. Davison.3,281 He was also known as George Liberty Davison.3,186 He is reference number 47766. [NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Death]3,281 [boyd-trees.ged]
Family Record, Descendants of John and Mary-Fulton-Boyd, Mo nograph, prepared by M. Hillis Boyd, Freeport, PA.
Spouse: Margaret BOYD. George Liberty DAVIDSON and Margaret BOYD were married on 21 Sep 1858 in Allen County, OH.3,186 [NEED TO DEFINE SENTENCE: Alt. Marriage]3,281,474,475 Reference Number:848512 Children were: Ida Alma DAVIDSON, Ida Alma DAVISON, Louis Mortimer DAVIDSON, Effie Laura DAVIDSON, Sidney Lawrence DAVIDSON.
George Madison DAVIDSON3,405 was born on 11 Apr 1818.3,405 He died WFT Est 1819-1908.3,405 He is reference number 98085. Parents: Ephraim Brevard DAVIDSON and Mary Baker EWING.