Family Trees of Early New York . . . Albany, Dutchess, and Ulster County
© Copyright, Lorraine Luke
1. Arent Andriesz de Noorman [Bradt]
2. Albert Andriesz de Noorman [Bradt]
3. Teunis Cornelisz van Vechten -- probably went back the Netherlands and returned again in 1638. He was a boy in 1637. <Note: this name appeared as Teunis Cornelisz, not Teunis Dircksz. Many genealogies have presumed the person mentioned is one and the same>.
4. Thijs Barentsz, a shoemaker
5. Maurits Jansz van Broeckhuysen -- came as a farmhand; and evidently returned in the Netherlands in 1642. A young relative of Kiliaen Van Rensselaer.
6. Carstens Carstensz (Christen Christensz), commonly referred to as Carsten
7. Carstensz Noorman -- prob came on the R'wyck.
8. Gijsberet Claesz (Gijsbert Claesz Jongen [the boy]) worked for the Bradts.
9. Pieter Claesz (Niclaesz) from Nordingen or Norden, East Friesland. He was the son in law of Cornelis Hendricksz van Nes.
10. Crijn (Quirijn) Cornelisz from Houten near Utrecht
11. Roelof Cornelisz from Houten near Utrecht ... brother Crijn Cornelisz
12. Pieter Cornelisz from Munnickendam, North Holland; occasionally referred to as Pieter Cornelisz Meulenmaecker (millwright)
13. Goossen Gerritsz from Westerbroeck
14. Robert Harmensz -- probably came by R'wyck
15. Adriaen Huybertsz - probably came by R'wyck
16. Rutger (Ruth) Jacobsz from Schoonderwoert, South Holland
17. Claes Jansz from Nykerck, Gelderland
18. Dirck Jansz from Edam, North Holland
19. Jacob Jansz from Amsterdam
20. Thomas Jansz from Bunnick near Utrecht
21. Jean Labatie 'fransman' -- from France
22. Arent Pietersz 'jongen' -- the boy
23. Jacob Pieteresz from Utrecth -- alias was Veeltje
24. Hans van Sevenhuysen -- sailed by the R'wyck butwas arrested in England for killing his master Cornelis Thomasz in a tavern at Ilfracombe, Dec 8 1636.
25. Arent Steffeniersz -- married at Manhattans the widow of the murdered smith
26. Cornelis Thomasz on 22 March 1637.
27. Cornelis Teunis from Westbroeck; also referred to as Cornelis Theunisz box, Teunisz vanden bos, Cornelis Theunissen schoester and Kees schoester -- signs his name 'Cornelis thonisen bos'.
28. Reynier Thijmensz (Tijmense, Timansz, Tymasen) from Edam, North Holland.
29. Cornelis Thomasz from Rotterdam -- was killed in England by his servant Han van Sevenhuysen
30. Symon Walichsz (Walichs, Walichsen, Walinschsz, Walings, Walingen, Waelingen) from Wijngaerden, district of Bildt, Friesland.
31. Jean de la Montagne
32. Rachel de Forest
33. Maria de la Montagne (born on the voyage)
Source: ijan tiepks Schellinger Log of the Ship Rensselaerswyck... Sept.25, 1636 -- Nov 7, 1637 in VAN RENSSELAER
This page last modified on Saturday, October 11, 2008
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids