I have combined the research of over 20 persons to come up with this lineage. There are still some mistakes but I will try to correct them as soon as possible. This is meant to be a Guide ONLY.
A BIG THANK YOU to them ALL!!!!
JOIN the AVEN mail list to discuss all the lines (AVEN/AVENT/AVANT)
To subscribe send a message to one of the following with ONLY the word subscribe in the body of the message. AVEN-L you will get individual e-mails while AVEN-D will get you all of them in one mailed to you every 12 hours. Hope to meet you one there!
1. COL. THOMAS2 AVENT (AVENT1) was born 1671 in Devenshire England, and died October 31, 1768 in
Albemarle Parish, Sussex County Virginia. He married MARGARET ELIZABETH GOOCH, daughter of WILLIAM
GOOCH and URSALA CLAIBORNE. She was born 1685 in Virginia, and died 1756.
NOTE: It has come to my attention that there has not been any actual proof that Margaret Elizabeth GOOCH was actually a GOOCH and I would like to make it known that the GOOCH and CLAIBORNE lines are here only for the purpose of possibilty and not fact. In deeds his wife is shown as Elizabeth and in Albemarle Parrish Records as wit. on the birth records of grandchildren. No place does it show her name as Margaret or GOOCH. If anyone has documentation of some kind that will prove this Please let me know so that I may post it for everyone to see.
Children of THOMAS AVENT and MARGARET GOOCH are:
2. i. WILLIAM3 AVENT, b. 1706, Surry County Virginia; d. August 17, 1761, Northampton County Virginia.
3. ii. SARAH AVENT, b. 1713, Surry County Virginia.
4. iii. PETER AVENT, b. 1720, Surry County Virginia; d. Abt. 1779, Northampton County Virginia.
iv. MARY AVENT, b. 1715, Surry County Virginia; m. THOMAS VINSON.
5. v. JUDGE JOHN AVENT, b. 1706, Albemarle Parish, Surry/Sussex County Virginia; d. 1755, Sussex County Virgina.
6. vi. THOMAS AVENT, b. 1711, Surry County Virginia; d. Aft. 1752, Northampton County North Carolina.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM3 AVENT (THOMAS2, AVENT1) was born 1706 in Surry County Virginia, and died August 17, 1761 in
Northampton County Virginia. He married SARA MASSIE, daughter of JOSEPH MASSIE and ELIZABETH
WASHINGTON. She was born 1728 in Surry County Virginia, and died 1790 in Northampton County Virginia.
Children of WILLIAM AVENT and SARA MASSIE are:
7. i. THOMAS4 AVENT, d. 1781, Nash County North Carolina.
8. ii. JOHN AVENT, b. 1748; d. December 10, 1821.
9. iii. JOSEPH AVENT.
iv. GILLY AVENT.
10. v. SARAH AVENT, b. 1744, Sussex County Viginia; d. 1793, Chatham County North Carolina.
11. vi. WILLIAM AVENT, b. April 15, 1748, Sussex County Virginia; d. November 11, 1811, Nash County North Carolina.
12. vii. REBECCA AVENT, b. 1753, North Hampton Noth Carolina; d. 1814, Chatam County North Carolina.
3. SARAH3 AVENT (THOMAS2, AVENT1) was born 1713 in Surry County Virginia. She married WILLAIM FOX
1734 in Brunswick County Virginia, son of HENRY FOX. He died 1764.
Children of SARAH AVENT and WILLAIM FOX are:
i. LUCY4 FOX, m. WILLIAM ROBINSON.
ii. MARY CLAIBORNE FOX, m. THOMAS JOHNSON.
iii. ELIZABETH FOX, m. JOHN RIVES.
iv. NOONA FOX.
v. WILLIAM FOX, d. November 07, 1789, Greensville County Virginia; m. PATSEY RIVES; d. 1750.
13. vi. JOHN FOX.
14. vii. THOMAS AVENT FOX.
4. PETER3 AVENT (THOMAS2, AVENT1) was born 1720 in Surry County Virginia, and died Abt. 1779 in Northampton County Virginia.
He married (1) AMY MASSEY June 03, 1743, daughter of JOSEPH MASSIE and ELIZABETH WASHINGTON.
She was born 1730. He married (2) MARY TOMLINSON 1777.
Children of PETER AVENT and AMY MASSEY are:
15. i. ELIZABETH4 AVENT, b. September 12, 1752; d. Abt. 1811.
ii. WILLAIM AVENT.
iii. ISHAM AVENT.
16. iv. JOSEPH AVENT, d. Cumberland County North Carolina.
v. THOMAS AVENT.
vi. SARAH AVENT, d. Cumberland County North Carolina.
vii. LUCY AVENT, m. TIMOTHY TRUELOVE.
viii. MOURNING AVENT.
ix. REBECCA AVENT, m. HENRY SENTER.
x. LUCRETIA AVENT.
5. JUDGE JOHN3 AVENT (THOMAS2, AVENT1) was born 1706 in Albemarle Parish, Surry/Sussex County Virginia, and died 1755 in Sussex
County Virgina. He married MARGARET.
Children of JOHN AVENT and MARGARET are:
17. i. THOMAS4 AVENT, b. January 12, 1742/43, Albemarle Parish, Surry/Sussex County Virginia; d. November 05, 1795, Brunswick
ii. JOHN AVENT, b. May 16, 1745, Albemarle Parish Sussex County Virginia.
iii. WILLIAM AVENT, b. April 15, 1748.
iv. JAMES AVENT, b. November 19, 1752.
v. PETER AVENT.
vi. BENJAMIN AVENT, m. LUCY GRIZZARD, January 19, 1786.
vii. MARY AVENT.
18. viii. ELIZABETH AVENT, b. April 13, 1739, Albemarle Parish Sussex County Virginia.
6. THOMAS3 AVENT (THOMAS2, AVENT1) was born 1711 in Surry County Virginia, and died Aft. 1752 in Northampton County North
Carolina. He married URSALA.
Children of THOMAS AVENT and URSALA are:
19. i. MARY POLLY4 AVENT.
ii. USLEY AVENT, b. 1741, Northhampton North Carolina; m. EPHRAIM PETTYPOOL.
iii. AMY AVENT, m. RICHARD SMITH.
20. iv. WINNAFORD AVENT, b. Abt. 1745, Bertie County North Carolina or Virginia; d. Aft. 1810, Wayne County North Carolina.