Thomas Henry Umphrey, b. Apr. 9, 1810 at Bourbon Co, KY; m Nancy Jane Driscoll on Feb. 24, 1832 at Highland Co, OH (near Chillicothe); d Nov. 9, 1888 at Albany, Linn Co, OR. He took out a Donation Land Claim (DLC 3887) near Tallmon, Linn Co, OR. He was the son of Thomas Umphrey, Jr. and Mary Lear.
Nancy Jane Driscoll was born Mar. 17, 1808 at
East Shore, MD; the daughter of John Driskill
Sr. and Catherine Morris. She died Nov.
1899 at Albany, Linn Co, OR and is buried at the Masonic Cemetery in Albany.
Umphrey and Nancy Jane Driscoll had 9 children, 6 of whom are known:
1. Julia Ann, b 1/28/1833 at Highland Co, OH; m Allen Parker on 3/18/1852 at Burlington, Des Moines Co, OH; d 7/3/1928 at Toledo, Lincoln Co, OR
2. Sara Elizabeth, b 12/8/183(4)5 at Highland Co, OH; m Bazzel W. (or Basil) Cooper on 1/4/1854-5; d 4/15/1923 at Linn Co, OR
3. Mary Catherine, b 12/20/1836 at Des Moines, IA; m Moses Parker on 10/9/1856 at Linn Co, OR; d 4/12/1926 at North Albany, Linn Co, OR
4. Albert, b 11/?/1839 at Highland Co, OH; m Lydia A. Frank on 1/4/1854-5 (1-8-1865 according to Miles & Milligan) at Linn Co, OR; d 12/10/1926
5. John Thomas, b. 1841 at Burlington, Des Moines Co, IA; m 1) Cynthia Gordon, 2)Eliza Fraser on 1/10/1871; d 7/31/1887
6. Mathilda Samantha, b. 1851 at Des Moines Co., IA; m Columbus W. Cowan on 9/5/1867 at Linn Co, OR
(children 7, 8, and 9 died in infancy)
this information include:
- Roe, Maryan Howard "Parker Family Records"
- Parker Plainsman, 6/8/1952 (a newspaper presented to all attendees of the 1952 Parker Family Reunion)
- Driskell, Marie K. "Descendants of William Driskell"
- Humphreys, Dr. Frederick "The Humphreys Family in America", pub. 1883, N.Y.
source - This
biographical information was generously provided by Daniel B. Wheeler.
Unfortunately, Daniel's email address is no longer valid, so I don't
know how you can contact him. - Lorrie
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids