High Harrogate, Diocese of Ripon and Leeds
Church of England
October 1831 [St. John's Chapel was taken down and replaced by Christ
Church in 1831]
John Oates and
Company of Huddersfield. It was extended (transepts and chancel) in
1862 by Lockwood and Mawson.
Almost identical churches exist
(Huddersfield) and Idle (Bradford). The West tower had its pinnacles
removed in 1937.
Extended again in 1988 with the building of the Parish Centre.
parish records for Christ Church are kept at West Yorkshire Archive