Billy Moore (1821-1891) was the founder of Mooresville. He built this house
next to the log cabin of Capt. Nehemiah Comstock. The cabin was adjacent to
the porch seen at right and was probably used by the Moore family as a summer
This house still stands (March 2003) a short distance north and slightly east of the north end of Main Street. The current owners are Roy and Joann Thomas.