Site Address: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~linka/lennox1.html
The Lennox family, originally from Scotland, settled at sometime in the 17th centuary in the south-eastern area of Co Londonderry, near to Castledawson and Magherafelt. In The 1920's 3 brothers emigrated to New Zealand where many Lennox's now reside.
The tree shown above is brand new and therefore includes changes as yet not incorperated in the text.
Descendants of Luke Lennox
Generation No. 1
1. Luke2 LENNOX was born Abt. 1807, Co Londonderry and died 29 December 1891 at Tamnadace. He married Margaret LENNOX 1838 in Northern Ireland.
Notes for LUKE LENNOX:
The farm of 33 acres at Tamnadace was originally owned by Thomas Love according to the Land Registry Details. It was still owned in 1862 by Love, but by 1877 it is recorded as owned by Luke Lennox. By the 1910 survey it was now owned by his son Andrew. (The notes in the margin indicate it had passed to Andrew in 1893 and then to his wife Agnes in 1912).
Buried at: Castledawson
Notes for MARGARET LENNOX:
Her maiden name is Lennox.
Born: Abt. 1808 or 1812, Co Londonderry
Died: 27th Dec 1891 or 1874 at Tamnadace
Buried at: Castledawson
Children of LUKE LENNOX and MARGARET LENNOX are:
i. MARY JANE3 LENNOXNotes for MARY JANE LENNOX:
Mary Jane (or possibly Margaret Jane) apparently wore a black skirt with a white apron, and would sit sorting the pleats to fall neatly. Its thought that she didn't marry and lived at Tamnadace.
Birth Loc - approx: Bef. 1850, Co Londonderry
2. ii. UNKNOWN LENNOX.
3. iii. ELIZABETH "LISA" LENNOX.
4. iv. ANDREW LUKE LENNOX, b. 28 February 1839, Northern Ireland; d. 13 December 1906, Castledawson.
Generation No. 2
2. UNKNOWN3 LENNOX .
Fictional figure to record some Lennox's, though I'm not sure exactly how they relate to the tree or each other.
Birth Loc - approx: Bef. 1870, Northern Ireland
Children of UNKNOWN LENNOX are:
i. TOMMY4 LENNOX, b. Abt. 1900.
Notes for TOMMY LENNOX:
Simular in age to Andy Lennox.
5. ii. SISTER LENNOX.
iii. DAY LENNOX, b. Bef. 1900.
Notes for DAY LENNOX:
Day Lennox lived in Aghagaskin, with his 'sister'? called 'Totes' or 'Totie'. Day was probably short for David Lennox. He was buried at St Swithan's church (Church of Ireland), in Magherafelt. Day was tiny. He would have been born in the 19th Centuary. They had open fires in their house. Day was a good carpenter. Day and Tom Lennox may have been brothers.
Burried at: St Swithan's, Magherafelt
iv. TOTIE LENNOX.
Notes for TOTIE LENNOX:
Totie lived in Aghagaskin, with her brother Day. Day was probably short for David Lennox.
More About TOTIE LENNOX:
Birth Loc - approx: 1898, Co Londonderry
3. ELIZABETH "LISA"3 LENNOX . She married WILLIAM ELLIOTT.
More About ELIZABETH "LISA" LENNOX:
Birth: Bef. 1880, Co Londonderry
Notes for WILLIAM ELLIOTT:
Birth Loc - approx: Bet. 1858 - 1878
Child of ELIZABETH LENNOX and WILLIAM ELLIOTT is:
6. i. MATTHEW4 ELLIOTT.
4. ANDREW LUKE3 LENNOX was born 28 February 1839 in Northern Ireland, and died 13 December 1906 in Castledawson. He married AGNES JANE MCKANE NEDWILL Abt. 1900 in Castledawson, Co Londonderry, daughter of DAVID NEDWILL and UNKNOWN MACKANE.
More About ANDREW LUKE LENNOX:
Cause of Death: Kick from either a donkey or mule
Notes for AGNES JANE MCKANE NEDWILL:
Surname might actually be Nedwill and her name may be Agnes Jane (Gay) Nedwill or even Margaret Jane Nodwell.
Death approx: 1943, Co Londonderry
Religion: Church of Ireland
Children of ANDREW LENNOX and AGNES NEDWILL are:
7. i. DAVID NEDWILL4 LENNOX, b. 10 May 1901; d. 27 February 1959, Hastings, New Zealand.
8. ii. ANDREW HENRY LENNOX, b. 12 November 1903, Tamnadace, Castledawson, Co Londonderry; d. 25 August 1974, Magherafelt, Co Londonderry.
9. iii. JOHN GEORGE LENNOX, b. 19 April 1905; d. 6 November 1997, Wanganui, New Zealand.
10. iv. ROBERT EDWARD LENNOX, b. 30 May 1906; d. 6 November 1989, Waverley, New Zealand.
Generation No. 3
5. SISTER4 LENNOX . She married WILLIAM MCKEE.
More About SISTER LENNOX:
Birth Loc - approx: Abt. 1900
Notes for WILLIAM MCKEE:
His children from his first marriage all went to America.
The McKee's were from Maghera.
6. MATTHEW4 ELLIOTT . He married UNKNOWN.
More About MATTHEW ELLIOTT:
Birth Loc - approx: Abt. 1898, Co Londonderry
7. DAVID NEDWILL4 LENNOX was born 10 May 1901, and died 27 February 1959 in Hastings, New Zealand. He married DORA POOLMAN 10 May 1927 in Wellington, New Zealand.
Notes for DORA POOLMAN:
Birth: 1904, Napier, NZ
Death: 1986, Taupo, NZ
8. ANDREW HENRY4 LENNOX was born 12 November 1903 in Tamnadace, Castledawson, Co Londonderry, and died 25 August 1974 in Magherafelt, Co Londonderry. He married CATHERINE HEUSTON Abt. 1928, daughter of WILLIAM HEUSTON and ELIZABETH MORTON.
Notes for ANDREW HENRY LENNOX:
He had a cousin Ada - surname unknown. He also had aunts over in Ballymena direction either McCains or Cameron's.
He lost a leg in a tractor accident in 1956. He was making a cart for Norwell when he had his accident
Notes for CATHERINE HEUSTON:
Catherine worked in the in the post-office operating the local telephone exchange. There would of only been a few phone numbers in Castledawson. She issued the first wireless licence in Castledawson ... to herself... and regretted it every year after (as most people didn't bother with a licence).
Birth Loc - approx: 1905, Toberhead, Co Londonderry
Death Loc - approx: 1989, Londonderry
Profession: Farmer's Wife
9. JOHN GEORGE4 LENNOX was born 19 April 1905, and died 6 November 1997 in Wanganui, New Zealand. He married MARTHA MAY PERRY 1936 in Waverley, New Zealand.
Notes for MARTHA MAY PERRY:
Date of birth 15th May 1913, NI
Date of death 29th Jul 1998
10. ROBERT EDWARD4 LENNOX was born 30 May 1906 at Tamnadace, Co Londonderry, and died 6 November 1989 in Waverley, New Zealand. He married ANNIE PATTERSON BELTON in Waverley, New Zealand.
More About ANNIE PATTERSON BELTON:
Died: Waverley, NZ
You are visitor number since 15th Jan 2000
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids