Ron Ledieu's Family History Site
Welcome to our Family History site. I hope you find something of interest. It will
be continually under review, so if you find anything worthy of note please don't hesitate to
get in touch with me. See 'Contacts' for information as to how to address me. I'd be very
happy to hear from you.
- This site contains information about all the descendants of Julian LeDieu. He was a
Jeweller (gold and silver-smith) We think he came over from Saint Malo, Brittany, France
in the early years of the 1800s. He lived, and probably worked, in Goswell Rd
London EC1. He may also have worked in Hatton Garden.
- James was another Jeweller who we thought, at first, was Jules' father. He was only
16 years older than Jules. They worked in the same area of London, and their sons
married women with the same surname although we cannot find any evidence of them being
- My mother's maiden name was 'Andrews'. This site shows all those of her family of
whom we are aware.
- My wife Jean was a Gregson. Her Great Grandfather Charles Stuart Gregson was an
entomologist with a world wide reputation. About 50 of his papers were deemed worthy of
being safeguarded in the Library of the Royal Society
- My wife's mother's maiden name was Worthington, so these are her ancesters.
- Jean's G-Uncle Frank married a Dyson, and they moved to America, but the name very
quickly died out.
- My wife's Grandmother was a Cleverden but was brought up by a Kidd family. These are
included to fill out some of the more remote branches of the tree.
Mr Ronald G Ledieu
21 Mayfair Drive
Lancs FY5 5BY U K
00 +44 (0)1253 823462
- This space is reserved for items of interest about yourself and your own
Copyright information goes here.
Last revised: March 19, 2000.